What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JohnDF JohnDF your continued devotion lately to your beautifully handled 76 Jack has inspired me to return my variation to EDC use. Ole Jack has a comfortable and familiar feel in my hand. OH
GEC-Krack-A-Jack-761212.jpg

How do I get one of these? I love it !

1) August 2020 Web Special Buck 110 with brass bolsters and liners, genuine solid Ebony covers, S30V clip point blade.
Riding on my right hip on a belt, in correct (Type 1?) black leather sheath.

2) Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly stockman with German Silver bolsters, brass liners, Black Canvas Micarta covers, and D2 blades.

3) (BTI) Old Timer 23OT with missing bail (BTI is sending a replacement 23OT) German Silver bolsters, brass liners (+ one steel spacer) "Saw Cut" Delrin covers, 7CR14MoV "440A Equivalent" blades.

4) Real, Genuine Actual late 1950's to 1968 Ulster Number 10 Barlow, complete with steel bolsters and liners, (now pocket worn, and faded) "Saw Cut" Delrin Covers, Clip Point and Pen blades, both of 1095. (I think the back springs are 1095, as well. Seeing as they also possess a patina.)

Knives 2 through 4 inclusive, are riding in my right front pocket.

View attachment 1423488

I think I'll carry this 23OT (missing it's bail wire :( ) until the replacement 23OT from BTI arrives, then switch to it. :)

"German Silver" sounds soooo much more refined and ... elegant" ... than "nickel silver", which is exactly the same substance. :)
Jimmy Bond, Shirley Holms, and Doc Watson, and that "Moriotti" (or however its spelled) "bad guy" for example, were all "gentleman". No doubt all of them would have shunned a "nickel silver" whatever, yet welcome a "German Silver" one, even knowing it is the same material.

I can just hear them unanimously proclaim: "It's all in the name, my good man ..."

1) August 2020 Web Special Buck 110 with brass bolsters and liners, genuine solid Ebony covers, S30V clip point blade.
Riding on my right hip on a belt, in correct (Type 1?) black leather sheath.

2) Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly stockman with German Silver bolsters, brass liners, Black Canvas Micarta covers, and D2 blades.

3) (BTI) Old Timer 23OT with missing bail (BTI is sending a replacement 23OT) German Silver bolsters, brass liners (+ one steel spacer) "Saw Cut" Delrin covers, 7CR14MoV "440A Equivalent" blades.

4) Real, Genuine Actual late 1950's to 1968 Ulster Number 10 Barlow, complete with steel bolsters and liners, (now pocket worn, and faded) "Saw Cut" Delrin Covers, Clip Point and Pen blades, both of 1095. (I think the back springs are 1095, as well. Seeing as they also possess a patina.)

Knives 2 through 4 inclusive, are riding in my right front pocket.

View attachment 1423488

I think I'll carry this 23OT (missing it's bail wire :( ) until the replacement 23OT from BTI arrives, then switch to it. :)

"German Silver" sounds soooo much more refined and ... elegant" ... than "nickel silver", which is exactly the same substance. :)
Jimmy Bond, Shirley Holms, and Doc Watson, and that "Moriotti" (or however its spelled) "bad guy" for example, were all "gentleman". No doubt all of them would have shunned a "nickel silver" whatever, yet welcome a "German Silver" one, even knowing it is the same material.

I can just hear them unanimously proclaim: "It's all in the name, my good man ..."

Nice classic #10 Barlow. :thumbsup:

Back