What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Effective Thursday, 09-24-20: Nothing ... "special" ... "exciting" ... or "pretty" ...

All are BTI Old Timer's (sorry, please forgive me. I can't afford the pre-2004 Schrade products. :( ) with 7CR14MoV "440A equivalent" blade steel.
(Say what you will about the blade steel ... but they seem to have gotten the heat treat, and edge geometry right ...)

280OT Barlow (spear point and pen blades.)

25OT two blade slipjoint folding hunter. Clip point and drop point blades.
(Only because I don't have one of my bought new in the 1980's or 1990's USA 7OT, or 6OT's, or post 2013 Taylor/BTI 7OT's with me.)
(this one will be hanging from my belt on my right hip, in the factory leather sheath. Everything else will be loose, in the bottom of my right front pocket.)

23OT 4 blade Scout/Camp knife. Spear Point, punch/awl, (short) flat blade screw driver/cap lifter combo, and can opener blades.
(This 23OT will be swapped out for the new 23OT BTI sent to replace this one, because it lost its bail, as soon as the new one arrives.)

View attachment 1424514

RRBCjIB.jpg

Effective Thursday, 09-24-20: Nothing ... "special" ... "exciting" ... or "pretty" ...

All are BTI Old Timer's (sorry, please forgive me. I can't afford the pre-2004 Schrade products. :( ) ...

Nothing to forgive. And I know of what you speak. It seems like it’s gotten harder lately to find USA Schrades and Camillus at “affordable” prices.

I enjoy your photos!

Totin' my Case Walnut Sheepfoot today.

whoooooo boy, that’s a beauty. I’ve never seen a Case like that before, or I’d own one for sure. Just guessing pre-1990’s?

Nothing ... "special" ... "exciting" ... or "pretty" ...

All are BTI Old Timer's (sorry, please forgive me. I can't afford the pre-2004 Schrade products. :( ) with 7CR14MoV "440A equivalent" blade steel.
(Say what you will about the blade steel ... but they seem to have gotten the heat treat, and edge geometry right ...)

Nothing to forgive. And I know of what you speak. It seems like it’s gotten harder lately to find USA Schrades and Camillus at “affordable” prices.

I enjoy your photos!

Amir beat me to it. Folks beat up on those, pick on the steels and generally don’t say nice things, but I think it’s only because they’re comparing them to the oldies. They’re slip joints, classic patterns and they cut! They belong here. Keep flashing up the pictures.

There are those that think that carrying a handbag is not very manly. I personally switched to carrying a Pacsafe cross-body bag after I noticed that my pockets are full. Knife, phone, umbrella, hand wash, masks, wallet, keys. The knife most often carried in the bag is this Victorinox. Some other knife goes in the pocket.

S4JhgDj.jpg

In the pocket today:
gNDYIYQ.jpg

Back