What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Same 29 today, but with newly arrived Pocket Blade from @Redmeadow Knives

UpgDQ62.jpg

I don't know what that peanut is... (if it's a peanut at all?)...
But that's absolutely perfection. Very nice blade combo - a clip and a wharncliff? wow. I'm a big fan.
It's a Pinched Peanut from A. G. Russell. A great little knife. Mine is very nice Mammoth Ivory. The blades are VG-10 with great swedges. Here it is with both blades showing. As good or better than many custom slipjoints, in my opinion.
Z4K2xrs.jpg

It's a Pinched Peanut from A. G. Russell. A great little knife. Mine is very nice Mammoth Ivory. The blades are VG-10 with great swedges. Here it is with both blades showing. As good or better than many custom slipjoints, in my opinion.
Z4K2xrs.jpg

Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance here, but I've heard some grumblings of "A. G. Russell isn't what they once were"... yadda yadda...
Is this one of the newer varieties? or the older?
Because I'll tell ya- she's a beaut. If that's a new one, I might have to start looking at A.G. Russell.

Nice fixed blades Gary Peregrin Peregrin and Mike Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck :thumbsup:

I don't carry this one very often, but I find the blade a little odd :thumbsup:

EwVNrnG.jpg

Thank you for the heads-up in the Guardians thread my friend, I'm indebted to you! :eek: :thumbsup:

Very nice Tom :cool: I wondered how they would do the buffalo horn when you mentioned it, and that actually looks quite different to what I had imagined :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! It has that kind of grippy-texture feel to it, and looks as nice in person as it did on the website. My photo doesn't do it justice, but I will work on that :).

Conversely, it’s too nice not to tote.
And if it’s worth toting, it’s worth using!
See how I think?:rolleyes:o_O
Congrats- very handsome!:thumbsup:

I got something in the mail too! I’m gonna be toting it tomorrow:D

Thanks Jeff! Hmmmmm, I like the way you worded that, maybe initially it will be my Sunday-go-to-church knife before it becomes a regular user :). Looking forward to seeing your new arrival :thumbsup:

As good or better than many custom slipjoints, in my opinion.
And priced proportionately, as I recall. Thank heavens for the similarly bladed Case minitrapper.
When the Prize Patrol gets here with my check, though...

I'm still failing to warm up to the Churchill.
I carried the Vic today when I did the 5K at the nature center.
I'm now on the olive wood Boker.
C5FZb8e.jpg

Say it ain't so! what don't you like about it, it's greatness? it's lack of mediocrity? it's lack of fluff? the beautifully executed asymmetric grind?
BEFORE YOU THROW IT AWAY... let me know! :p:D

I love the size of the 35 pattern.
You guys have convinced me to keep trying. My problems with it are not all about it, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep those handy in my door cubbies. :cool:
It's finally getting cool enough to keep hand sanitizer in the car. The inside of a car in the summer in Texas can make the alcohol leak and spray all over.
I don't carry this one very often, but I find the blade a little odd :thumbsup:

EwVNrnG.jpg

The blade shape is definitely weird. It's like a spear, but not really a spear- kind of like a rounded off wharnecliffe. Like a wharnecliffe that goes to school with popular spear points, so it changes it's look to fit in a little better. I have a wharnecliffe version similar what r8shell r8shell carries, and if it was better put together I'd carry it more often.

I too find it a little weird.
I'm happy they make a single blade jack, but that one doesn't do it or me.
The blade is like a super skinny Zulu and the handle shape is too narrow and pointy.
It does make me think of an old spear blade after a lot of sharpening. I'm sure it cuts just fine, though.
Mine are coffee, black licorice, and Brussels sprouts.

I like two of those. :thumbsup:
I like all three individually.

You guys have convinced me to keep trying. My problems with it are not all about it, anyway.
My only problem with the Churchill is the lack of an awl, and I haven't carried mine since I got a #29 Stockyard Whittler. ;)

Back