What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

05977636-ccbf-441c-aec6-ebb824dbc3dc-jpeg.1433907
It gets better looking each day. :cool::thumbsup:

My only problem with the Churchill is the lack of an awl, and I haven't carried mine since I got a #29 Stockyard Whittler.
I can relate. This Camillus is almost the perfect knife, but where's the awl? (And do I really need the saw? (Get rid of it and I would.))
The Case is nearly perfect, but where's the cap-lifter/screwdriver?
qSjbVot.jpg

If Victorinox would replace their pen secondary with a sheepsfoot, they would be making my perfect knife.
But I still wouldn't be sure which one it is.

View attachment 1433897 View attachment 1433898 View attachment 1433899 My latest, a Schrade Walden 293, along with my #1 TL-29.
Having finished high school and University of Illinois with a Schrade 293Y and 33OT in my pocket, I’ve always had an affection for this design. And I’ve been waiting for an earlier SW version with the jigged brown delrin to come along.
The 4”(technically, 3 7/8”) Schrade/Schrade Walden dogleg jack/trapper is the perfect size and shape for my hand and eye. Not everyone else’s, of course, which is one reason I love this here porch ~ I love seeing what turns your gears.;)

The TL-29 is the pattern I have come closest to venturing into collectorhood on. This one has a tang stamp that indicates ‘60-‘76, and the forward placement of the bail, the number of scale pins, the fully finished back, and the scale material itself lead me to believe it’s from when they first stopped using cocobolo. The material is different from the black material in most others I’ve seen (it’s harder, and has a certain “grain” to it ~ the difference reminds me of the Bakelite used on Telecaster pickguards from the ‘50s vs the plastic on later ones). Maybe you can see that here~View attachment 1433937I know, TLDR! Thanks for letting me ramble. Y’all have a glorious Friday, OK?

Oh, it's Ebony?
That changes everything, that knife is awesome! :)

I wish I had taken to the #44.
It's a beautiful knife and GEC did a great job with them. :cool::thumbsup:

LOL! :D Sometimes it just doesn't happen does it John, and you can't always put your finger on why? :thumbsup:

Guess which knife I'm carrying today?
I love this knife, it's the right size and shape and it's really attractive.
However, I am getting a little bit bored with carrying the same knife every day.

You seem to have settled on that one though! :D :thumbsup:

Here’s my knife pocket dump today.
View attachment 1433891

All lookers Chuck :thumbsup:

I can relate. This Camillus is almost the perfect knife, but where's the awl? (And do I really need the saw? (Get rid of it and I would.))
qSjbVot.jpg

If Victorinox would replace their pen secondary with a sheepsfoot, they would be making my perfect knife.

Have to agree Jer, I use a pocket knife saw pretty regularly, but I think I'd miss the awl more :thumbsup:

you can't always put your finger on why?
Right? It can seem perfect on paper, everything seems perfect when you get it, but you constantly pass over when it's time to pick your carry for the day. Weirdness.

You seem to have settled on that one though!
I made the challenge to carry it through October and I'm going to stick to it. :mad:

I took delivery of another Boker yesterday. This one is the Solingen made Nessmi. At 5 3/4", only 1/2" shorter then my Boker Plus Nessmi Pro, it's a pretty different knife. For one thing it fits in the large pocket sheath that I got from Collector Knives. I like the utility of being able to carry it in my pocket if I want. Paired it with my Pinched Peanut today.

Have a great Friday!
rVo43E9.jpg

Last edited:
qSjbVot.jpg

Okay, you influenced me to carry this one today:
jJaxAmS.jpg

But now I'm lacking a straight edge, so I'll take this one too:
IYN0BO2.jpg

I made the challenge to carry it through October and I'm going to stick to it.
Was the challenge to carry only the one knife? Last year, I carried my #29 Stockyard every day from August to November, but it wasn't alone.

Was the challenge to carry only the one knife? Last year, I carried my #29 Stockyard every day from August to November, but it wasn't alone.
Still in my dreams there's one perfect knife, which I even dream of building someday, but of course you're right that multiple knives are necessary. What if I did have the perfect balance between SAK millstone and single-blade jack? I'd lose it and not have a backup. Luckily, in Michigan, jacket weather is back.

You're right, Jer. The Pinched Peanut isn't cheap. I was lucky to find one, at a good price, on the Exchange. You get what you pay for though, at least with this little knife.
I wish they would do a new run of it in a less expensive/exotic handle material though I wouldn't mind having the mammoth ivory either just want the knife itself more and like saving money :p

Back