What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

16468984-3583-4ade-830f-ccbad36697cc-jpeg.1435166
I really like the single blade Camillus. :cool::thumbsup:
So simple, so elegant, and the colors are wonderful.

oooooh... Davison. :cool::thumbsup:
Do you find it's worth the hefty price tag?

I've had it a few years now John, it was a very generous gift from a kind friend who commissioned it as a Lambsfoot. Todd's work is incredible, in terms of fit and finish, it's the most perfectly-made knife I own. I treasure it dearly, but as you can see, it's a Sheepsfoot, rather than a Lambsfoot, which is why you haven't seen more of it John :( :thumbsup:

ZOCZXJd.jpg

Showing this old flea market find some love today...

QGFj9AC.jpg

It came to me all gunked up with a black tar like substance, my best guess is that it was used in the tobacco fields cutting off the flowers so the plants would put more energy into the leaves.

ruhtlLi.jpg

UaVxoMW.jpg

I sometimes wonder what it must have looked like when it was new, but admire it for what it became through being used hard. All four blades are heavily worn, yet still take a razor sharp edge.

A beautiful knife to be sure. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

Showing this old flea market find some love today...

QGFj9AC.jpg

It came to me all gunked up with a black tar like substance, my best guess is that it was used in the tobacco fields cutting off the flowers so the plants would put more energy into the leaves.

ruhtlLi.jpg

UaVxoMW.jpg

I sometimes wonder what it must have looked like when it was new, but admire it for what it became through being used hard. All four blades are heavily worn, yet still take a razor sharp edge.

Nice find Duane :cool: :thumbsup:

I should keep my eyes open for an ebony Churchill, especially since the last 4 digits on the tang stamp are my house number. ;) (Have to admit I'm kinda waiting to see if they ever make a run with spear instead of clip. :rolleyes:)

Feeling old today. ;)
3Ogtohj.jpg
You (and/or they) may be feeling old, but they (and/or you) are looking VERY functional! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Robeson Whittler and Senator - Pocketeze. A little worse for wear but look at that bone. Spa treatment in progress. Oiled, snappy, and tight...what do you want...an egg in your beer :D

50438891727_bf48cf5657_b.jpg
I'm really enjoying this recent sequence of @Gevonovich's Greatest Hits!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::)
And one of my grandfathers often used to say that "egg in your beer" thing; I haven't heard that in decades! :D Despite often being asked the question when I was very young, I've NEVER actually tried egg (would that be raw, or boiled?) in my beer so I STILL don't know if I want egg in my beer. :eek::rolleyes:

Nice carries GT, I especially like that Imperial stockman :thumbsup:

These two for me today (forgot it was Wooden Wednesday :) )

Thanks, Tom. :) The stockman has a pen blade instead of a sheepsfoot, but is otherwise nearly perfect!
Speaking of which, your almost-Daily doubles of BRK and Scout on the rocks are near perfection, too! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a couple whittlers today, one covered in wood. :)
Rooster & a Heritage jack today.
View attachment 1433077
JJ, Dee, and Greg, I really enjoyed the variety of whittlers you combined to post! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Lots of makers, blade combos, handle shapes, cover materials!

It’s Bocote Wood,
Many Thanks for your kind words.

Aryan
Thanks for the info, Aryan. :)

I’ve got my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone Lambsfoot and a Craftsman by Schrade 9554 Whittler. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:
Riveting pair, Ron! The bone on the WCLF is of course fabulous, but I really like the covers on the Craftsman, too! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that a version of Staglon?

X-Caliber is still in my pocket.
Commitment with a Capital C! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

They can look quite different depending on the light
:cool::thumbsup:

Good morning.
That Case 2-blade bone stag teardrop is an eye-opener! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

As promised...
This is one of the kits I made up for each of my vehicles.
Flashlight, pen, notebook, SAK Tinker for tools, and Buck 112 for heavy cutting.
Of course I always have a pocket knife on my person, but these are available for handy backups.
Nice setup, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you Gary, the extra pics of your Pioneer were a treat :) :thumbsup:
Thank you for more photos of your Alox Old Cross Pioneer, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. I understand your confusion of the Case "mediums," there are way too many with that moniker.
Thanks, Jack & Dean. :) The weather since Wednesday has been nearly ideal for October IMHO, so I felt compelled to take the scenic route to work and get some new photos of this week's carries. It's not often I post pics that are so "fresh". ;)

View attachment 1433356 My trio today, the Case Mini Trapper and Swayback Gent I just received off the exchange from @natchezz
Congrats on your fair and square new Cases, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice bacon and Bull photo, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I carried my Autumn bone Case Barlow today on my hike among the fall foliage.

View attachment 1433450
Autumn bone is an appropriate name; great shot, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I like em all Gary but a bit partial to the Old Timer 33OT, a great Jack knife and I like those with the "NY" in the tang stamp:cool::thumbsup:
The 33 is one of my favorites :thumbsup::thumbsup:
someone’s been sharpening a pencil! I’d know that look from anywhere.
Having owned a 33 since buying it new in the ‘70s, I’ll endorse Mr. Hilborn’s and mbkr’s endorsements. It’s a great all around knife with a lot of blade in a medium frame. Darned handsome, too.
Great knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

You and GT are making me miss my Old Timers. They are great knives.
Thanks, Paul & Mike & Dan & Jeff & John. :) I've had that 33OT jack since December, but this is the first time I've "officially" carried it, I think. (So I'm not the one who sharpened a pencil with it, Dan; interesting observation! :cool::thumbsup:;)) I thought I got some good woodsy pics of it Thursday afternoon, but most were focused on the trees behind the knife instead of on the knife in the foreground. :( Here's an in-focus pic of the closed knife:
33OT.mark.closed.onback.bench.sun.jpg

Three more interesting knives Gary, I didn't realise Sabre had had some knives made in Ireland, by Jowika I imagine, but I've not seen one before :thumbsup:
Hope everyone has had a good week, and that your weekend holds some promise :) I'm toting my #44 again today, with a large ebony Lambsfoot SFO :thumbsup:
Two Ebony clad slicers from across the waters today! ;) Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:
Jack & Ron, your ebony pairs are very distinguished!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good word, Jack. :) I really know nothing about Sabre Ireland, but thanks for the "Jowika" tip that I can pursue. :thumbsup::cool:

Guess which knife I'm carrying today?
I love this knife, it's the right size and shape and it's really attractive.
However, I am getting a little bit bored with carrying the same knife every day.
Was the challenge to carry only the one knife? Last year, I carried my #29 Stockyard every day from August to November, but it wasn't alone.
I wondered the same thing, John. :thumbsup::cool:
You could carry an oft-changing 2nd knife just to satisfy your urge for variety, and stick with X-Caliber FOREVER! :rolleyes:

I like how being a part of BF has pushed me to carry the knives that have previously just been sitting in a box, but I thought I'd give some more pocket time to the stockman that I used to carry almost every day.
HBxt8Lr.jpg

What a classic that yellow Case stockman is!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

After seeing the marvelous PocketEze pair Gev posted today(@Gevonovich), I had an urge to grab a pair, too! :)
May be easy on the pocket, but that pair is hard on my respiration, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, I see. My sympathies. It's just through October, right? You can do it!
Come November, you'll be loaded with knives in every pocket, like 5K Qs 5K Qs :D
Hey!! I resemble that remark! :eek:;)

- GT

I should keep my eyes open for an ebony Churchill, especially since the last 4 digits on the tang stamp are my house number. ;) (Have to admit I'm kinda waiting to see if they ever make a run with spear instead of clip. :rolleyes:)

You (and/or they) may be feeling old, but they (and/or you) are looking VERY functional! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I'm really enjoying this recent sequence of @Gevonovich's Greatest Hits!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::)
And one of my grandfathers often used to say that "egg in your beer" thing; I haven't heard that in decades! :D Despite often being asked the question when I was very young, I've NEVER actually tried egg (would that be raw, or boiled?) in my beer so I STILL don't know if I want egg in my beer. :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks, Tom. :) The stockman has a pen blade instead of a sheepsfoot, but is otherwise nearly perfect!
Speaking of which, your almost-Daily doubles of BRK and Scout on the rocks are near perfection, too! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JJ, Dee, and Greg, I really enjoyed the variety of whittlers you combined to post! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Lots of makers, blade combos, handle shapes, cover materials!

Thanks for the info, Aryan. :)

Riveting pair, Ron! The bone on the WCLF is of course fabulous, but I really like the covers on the Craftsman, too! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that a version of Staglon?

Commitment with a Capital C! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

:cool::thumbsup:

That Case 2-blade bone stag teardrop is an eye-opener! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice setup, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack & Dean. :) The weather since Wednesday has been nearly ideal for October IMHO, so I felt compelled to take the scenic route to work and get some new photos of this week's carries. It's not often I post pics that are so "fresh". ;)

Congrats on your fair and square new Cases, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice bacon and Bull photo, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Autumn bone is an appropriate name; great shot, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Paul & Mike & Dan & Jeff & John. :) I've had that 33OT jack since December, but this is the first time I've "officially" carried it, I think. (So I'm not the one who sharpened a pencil with it, Dan; interesting observation! :cool::thumbsup:;)) I thought I got some good woodsy pics of it Thursday afternoon, but most were focused on the trees behind the knife instead of on the knife in the foreground. :( Here's an in-focus pic of the closed knife:
View attachment 1435298

Jack & Ron, your ebony pairs are very distinguished!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good word, Jack. :) I really know nothing about Sabre Ireland, but thanks for the "Jowika" tip that I can pursue. :thumbsup::cool:

I wondered the same thing, John. :thumbsup::cool:
You could carry an oft-changing 2nd knife just to satisfy your urge for variety, and stick with X-Caliber FOREVER! :rolleyes:

What a classic that yellow Case stockman is!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

May be easy on the pocket, but that pair is hard on my respiration, JJ! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey!! I resemble that remark! :eek:;)

- GT
Great knives guys.
It's and old saying, that's raw egg. Saw it once, almost made me quit beer ...almost...

Back