What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks, Dee, and same to you. :) Ideal October weather, so I enjoyed a nice 6-mile walk this afternoon. :thumbsup::cool:

Funny you should ask about meals. ;) I'm an old farm boy who still thinks "Sunday dinner" is the noon meal, and that's usually pretty light for me at this stage of my life. Today I had a little chunk of whole wheat pita bread with a thin slice of ham and a small slice of extra sharp cheddar inside, and I had 2/3 of a Honey Crisp apple with another slice of extra sharp cheddar. I spent quite a bit of the morning chopping up celery, onions, and 1.5 lbs. of stew beef, and dumped it all in a crock pot. Then I added one can each of chick peas, red kidney beans, black-eyed peas, pinto beans, and white kidney beans, and had it simmering at about 250˚ from 11am until 6pm. I served a scoop of it over some broccoli, carrots, and corn for supper. The contents of the crock pot will probably be a component of meals for me for at least a week! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Sounds delicious :). That's quite the description :D.

Uh oh! Just looked out the window, and it's started to snow!

7zdnbAA.jpg

That means it's the last day with the 29! August 22nd to October 12th. Was a good run, but I'm kind of looking forward to picking out something different tomorrow :D

V33SWoX.jpg

Uh oh! Just looked out the window, and it's started to snow!

7zdnbAA.jpg

That means it's the last day with the 29! August 22nd to October 12th. Was a good run, but I'm kind of looking forward to picking out something different tomorrow :D

V33SWoX.jpg
Darned if I don’t feel a little sympathy for your 29!
It’s a beauty, and I’ve enjoyed seeing all this time.
If that snow doesn’t stick...

Carried this one today to help with thwarting digging efforts of a very mischievous Border Collie puppy. Grabbed a 16x20 poly tarp and had to cut it to allow for the 4x4 supports. Good enough for this year as the old sandbox will come out next summer.

wOVEry.jpg

Hgek2e.jpg

Of course it was windy to make the whole ordeal way more interesting:(
MticQB.jpg

Planted garlic and I’m still not done.
a33xNhX.jpg
Great working knife. I have a Kabar swayback jack with the same blade configuration. I’d better carry it soon to prove to myself I don’t need to look for one like yours.
My garlic order just came, so I’ll be planting this week too. Will also plant the bigger ones from this year’s crop as well.

Hehe. It melted pretty much as soon as it hit the ground, and stopped pretty quick after that photo. If I hadn't looked out the window at the right moment, I'd never have known ;)
Are you SURE it actually snowed???:D

Back