What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

CGOKFzKDSkz
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGOKFzKDSkz/?igshid=pbicp4qbsj2y
one day I’ll figure out how to add pictures.

Happy Monday, folks!

h0qHvbI.jpg

Beautiful photo Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jack!!!

Quite a hand with your Waynorth; I guess a little celebration is in order with those two beauties and a "church Key!" :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks qa lot JJ! :D :thumbsup:

Ithaca is a great town and Taughannock Falls has some really spectacular scenery. My wife and I spent a lot of time in Ithaca while our youngest son was attending Cornell U. He got his BA and PhD there so we got to know the city and the area quite well.
Bring back memories?
cIzY3zf.jpg

Spectacular Gary :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Tossed these two Schrades in my pocket to start the week. :)

Super Schrades my friend, a great start to the week :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I think seeing yours over the weekend prompted me to take another look at mine :thumbsup: :)

I'm flattered Tom :) :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday to @Prester John and @cudgee ! :) Many Happy Returns fellers :thumbsup:

I'm finding it so hard to kick my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket :rolleyes: Adding a Random Tuesday AGR Wharncliffe today though ;) :thumbsup:

BRqlOnu.jpg

GZFh6zM.jpg

Last edited:
Homemade salsa on deck. Habanero, cayenne and jalepeno peppers. It's a lil warm.
sqFJUhk.jpg
Sounds good, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you use a pocket knife to open the "vacuum-sealed" lid?

A couple of black beauties for me today.

TRWoSDT.jpg
Dandy duo of dark knives, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had some photography issue yesterday and did not get to post yesterdays goings on which was more interesting than today . Started my latest project yesterday and had these 2 with me . A Remington Grand Daddy Barlow , which was a gift in 2017 from a young man who used to be on these forums . And a S&M Barlow from 2014 .
Then the U.S.Mail came and it brought me a couple of very nice Slips from sunknife sunknife Greg .
Thank you very much Greg . I have admired your slips a lot in your photos , but they are even nicer in hand . You say that you are practicing but I think you are beyond that stage my friend .

Harry
Good stuff, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Admirable knives, and those slips are fantastic!

Splendid Indian Girl canoe! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fabulous fall colors on your stag HHB, Bill! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Boker and Lloyd, sittin' on a tree. Oh how fine some knives can be!
OK, must be the sunshine and the beautiful fall day that got me acting strange....
Have a great one!
oPa0V7j.jpg
Pair of aces, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I wish I had an excuse for the way I act. :rolleyes:

It’s a cattle knife weekend.

View attachment 1434628
Handsome knife (and dog)! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lost inside the ashes burns an endless fire

50446031941_906f5ab235_b.jpg
Exquisite! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m proud to be totin these two in Sambar today! A Northfield #35 Churchill and my Jack Black SFO Hartshead Stag Barlow. Y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:
Stunning stag pair, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A couple of Jacks today

LSkriiR.jpg
Your pair of jacks wins the pot, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I like being real, that's why I'm carrying this knife for Stagurday. ;)

View attachment 1434780
Splendid photo, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That teardrop looks rather fish-like with the pond in the background. ;)

I've paired a whittler with a 2 bladed knife each of the past two days. Yesterday was a GEC osage moose and an old worn bone handled Ulster whittler,
pictured below up against the base of an osage tree. Today I'm carrying a RR bone handled copperhead and a Case Brothers jigged bone whittler.
View attachment 1434826 View attachment 1434828
Phenomenal pair of pairs, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today I carry this little Portuguese Ciol with cork hands.;)
Unique knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, Todd Davison Sheepsfoot, and I still have my Bradford Guardian 3 on my belt :thumbsup:
First-class photos of your terrific trio, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gary thanks for the compliments my friend! :cool: The Craftsman Whittler by Schrade is indeed sporting genuine imitation Stag handles. ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the confirmation, Ron. :)

Notable pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: As I mentioned to Ron recently, I really admire that staglon Craftsman whittler.

Showing this old flea market find some love today...
QGFj9AC.jpg

I sometimes wonder what it must have looked like when it was new, but admire it for what it became through being used hard. All four blades are heavily worn, yet still take a razor sharp edge.
Fascinating, well-worn congress, Duane! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. :)

That would make the challenge too easy. ;)
Easy challenges are the ones I'm best at. :rolleyes:

That Kutmaster stockman is a treasure, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Black and red for me today.

aI75g4F.jpg
Black/Red is always a good combo, and that red jigged bone is incredible, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That Camillus stockman is a champ!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary. And that is a great photo of your 33OT. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

For my Sunday knife, I am carrying this Case Peacock Appaloosa Barlow.

View attachment 1435517
Looks great! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope you don't get in trouble for carrying an XX-rated knife to church! :eek:;)

Toting a couple of Swiss slicers for Sunday, both from Wenger. :)
Those Wengers are winners, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Appealing knife, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What brand is that?

Lazy Sunday in October front porch carry.
0KPJzWq.jpg
Cool color-coordination of knife and beer! :cool::cool:;)

Sublime WCLF, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back