What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Beautiful autumn morning here, not windy for once :) Frost lurks, that's OK but not looking forward to the snow, it makes life difficult. Decided to head off to the country place for a day or so and it's always childishly interesting to think which knives to take, even though there's a good stash out there:D

This CASE Sodbuster in Chestnut Bone has been in use a lot lately, I like the slimness, the bone looks fine and the cv is extremely keen, something different in the way of the usual Sodbuster anyway. Carpe diem my fellow forumites!

OeV0P2b.jpg

Beautiful autumn morning here, not windy for once :) Frost lurks, that's OK but not looking forward to the snow, it makes life difficult. Decided to head off to the country place for a day or so and it's always childishly interesting to think which knives to take, even though there's a good stash out there:D

This CASE Sodbuster in Chestnut Bone has been in use a lot lately, I like the slimness, the bone looks fine and the cv is extremely keen, something different in the way of the usual Sodbuster anyway. Carpe diem my fellow forumites!

OeV0P2b.jpg

Great knife Will and interesting book, published in France under the title "La grande déraison, the great unreason". All is in the title.

Dan.

Alox SAK this week is a Vic Cadet (thanks, Ken):
cadet-silver-vstand-aqbridgew2-jpg.1436642

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Wenger Esquire:
wenger-esquire-b4-jpg.1436643

Bailed non-SAK this week is a spearpoint Cannon:
spear-mark-closed-jpg.1436644

International Knife of the Week is a MAM sheepsfoot from Portugal:
mam-3b-mark-open-dockbench-jpg.1436645

Great selection of knives, Gary, especially the MAM!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I hope y’all are having a great day! :) I’m carrying two in Ebony today! :) :thumbsup:

50479933168_85440d3887_c_d.jpg

Fab pair Ron :thumbsup:

Two beauties for "LambsDay," Jack, perfect for a Yorkshireman (cool coffee mug!):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ :) :thumbsup:

It’s a beautiful Wooden Wednesday here in New England.
RvSDic1.jpg

Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Toting these two French slicers today. :)

Those two have Gallic charm JJ :) :thumbsup:

Sowbelly Stockman of this week is from Rough Rider:
View attachment 1437161

Regular stockman this week is also from Rough Rider, a red jigged bone medium that I consider an almost perfect stockman:
View attachment 1437163 View attachment 1437164

Budget Canoe of the Week is a very nice RR ram's horn bone model:
View attachment 1437165

Fancy (aka "pimped out") canoe of the week is a RR black lip pearl gunboat canoe:
View attachment 1437166

- GT

Looks like the Fleet is in GT! :D :thumbsup:

I thought of carrying that knife today Mike :cool: Instead, I opted for another of Charlie's great patterns :) And my Hartshead Barlow of course ;) :thumbsup:

BE9Fglk.jpg

TyPG2N4.jpg

Back