What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

soKNDZN.jpg
Good looking knife :thumbsup: ;)
So now that you have it, what do you think of it?

This for the hospital this morning.
xS9kAkS.jpg

Somebody else's paint on it:
Rbim9dr.jpg

Still no alarms go off for my pocketknives, but I brought this because I have two of them, plus a stainless (Westerns).
Then, back to the same old Crosman, Wright, Bassett, and Imperial.
dPv4CGZ.jpg

Just routine bloodwork, by the way.

Last edited:
Good morning and happy Friday, Porch.
Neglecting the Voos jacks lately, so making up for that.
And any sharp eyed Schrade collectors might notice something a little off with the dogleg trapper jack.
I bought two “for parts or repair” Schrades a couple of years ago, both this model, but one was an older SW with a broken blade, the other, an Old Timer with a broken spring. View attachment 1437990View attachment 1437991

Good looking knife :thumbsup: ;)
So now that you have it, what do you think of it?

I love the size; Rides nice along side my wallet with barely any extra bulk. I wanted a larger work knife to rotate with my Spyderco Delica, to satisfy that traditional itch, and this fits the bill nicely.

i honestly had a mixed first impression since it has those typical Case issues (in my experience); rounded tip, major gaps between liners and covers, sharp edges on some of the pins. It also has some vertical blade play, but this is my first Case lockback so I don’t know how normal that is.

In a first for me it has a really decent edge, it’s sharp and fairly evenly ground. It also has the nicest bone I’ve gotten on a Case knife and I find it quite beautiful. All things said I think I’m go to like this one for a daily user. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. I think two Xs is OK, that only means girl. :D
Doesn't it also mean you're kissing her twice?? ;)

For TC Tuesday, I'm carrying my Scratted Ancient one.

View attachment 1436318
Look at all the Xs on that beauty!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lapj8AX.jpg

My new old Camillus ;)
Congrats on the cool Camillus camp knife, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
7sTkag3.jpg

I'm fairly certain that Camillus and Voos got their bone from the same vendor.
Convincing photo!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Voos Arrow and a Boker today

tuFpJtC.jpg
Bone bonanza, Steve!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic fall colors! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Bueno Barlow! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Carrying these Case slicers for my Tuesday totes. :)
Couple of compelling bone Cases, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Quite a cool quartet of international totes, Gary; those MAM knives have an outstanding "slice to weight" ratio, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your remarks, JJ. :)

Nice knife GT :) I'd forgotten about that funny little thing, I can't remember what it's called now :D :thumbsup:
Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day :rolleyes: Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:
Double your pleasure, double your fun, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't know a name for that little "wire sculpture" thing my Cannon knife was posed on, but I enjoy manipulating it into various shapes ranging from a flat lace-like lobed circle to a sphere with Saturnesque ring. :)

Fraraccio, from Frosolone, Italy. Inexpensive, a little stiff to open, but solidly built and VERY sharp. The next knife I plan on breaking my “no more knives” promise with is this one (seller’s picture):
rN1Xbqn.jpg
Thanks for the follow-up info, Tom. :) Does the black-handled one you posted have horn handles or synthetic?

Victorinox's Best. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) I like the Vic Cadet a lot, but wouldn't call it my favorite from their line-up.

They do! This is Le Geant:cool::D For the big apples;)
Thanks for opening my eyes to more of life's possibilities! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Wish I had a better forecast for you today GT... Bit of a surprise looking out the window this morning ;) Thankfully still too warm for it to stick to the roads/sidewalks, and hopefully mostly gone by the end of the day.
M&G Cocobolo Boys Knife for Wooden Wednesday, along with the Cowbell today
xHFfXYR.jpg
That view would be an unpleasant surprise, Mike! :eek::(
Good to see you're adjusting well to giving up your 29 as EDC! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Thank you! You just summed up exactly why I really like this pattern.:)
Yeah, there's a lot of variation in stockman patterns, and I tend to avoid square bolsters, exposed tang corners, and sheepsfoot with closed tip riding above the liners.

In rhyme, if I recall. And the cast's response is "Yum, Yum!"
Thanks for the reminders. :)

Thank you for the kind words my friend :) The church-key was a gift from my pal @herder, along with another Minnesota brew Schell's :) Maybe I'll get to taste them one day ;) :thumbsup:
This may be a case of "Be careful what you wish for!" when it comes to tasting those beers, Jack! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope y’all are having a great day! :) I’m carrying two in Ebony today! :) :thumbsup:

50479933168_85440d3887_c_d.jpg
Couple of dignified folders frolicking on the beach, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thank you, Gary. I think that favorites should get more pocket time, but when you have a lot of knives it is difficult to give them all time. 60 week rotation!!:eek::D
Depending how many knives I own in the various "categories" that are included in my schedule, some of my knives will get carried for only 1 week out of 60, while others may get carried 7 or 8 weeks out of 60.

For wooden Wednesday, I'm totin' my Case curly maple Teardrop.

View attachment 1436902
Striking stripes, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks and will do GT! We will be hunting pheasant so that should be socially distant enough. And we will be cooking our own meals over grills and campfires. I am actually looking forward to the cooking (and eating :) ) more than the actual hunting :eek:

These two for Wednesday:

Sounds like a good time, Tom. :)
Sweet little scout knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’s a beautiful Wooden Wednesday here in New England.
RvSDic1.jpg
Great photo of a splendid knife, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Toting these two French slicers today. :)
Magnifique! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Stellar stag, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

AG small rancher today

TMoO60o.jpg
Handsome knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

2017 ebony Churchill, I love the basic Tidioute trim versus the gussied up Northfield trim, especially in ebony:)
zk0ks4.jpg

That ebony Churchill is sublime, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Snazzy snakewood Minichamp, Dee!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful autumn morning here, not windy for once :) Frost lurks, that's OK but not looking forward to the snow, it makes life difficult. Decided to head off to the country place for a day or so and it's always childishly interesting to think which knives to take, even though there's a good stash out there:D

This CASE Sodbuster in Chestnut Bone has been in use a lot lately, I like the slimness, the bone looks fine and the cv is extremely keen, something different in the way of the usual Sodbuster anyway. Carpe diem my fellow forumites!

OeV0P2b.jpg
That's a classic, Will! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ravishing Rough Ryder! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It’s gray and overcast this morning, in a grim foreboding of bleak weather ahead.:D
How’s that for drama?
Your dramatic weather report reminded me of this music, Jeff! :(
Nice knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cattlebunga!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great selection of knives, Gary, especially the MAM!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
You're a Portuguese patriot, José! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Great choice. Been very pleased with mine, well made & finished, available and reasonable cost. Look at those pins, a good combination of domed large, flush small, GEC could take a lesson here as they seem addicted to sink-hole pins on quite a few of their knives...yes and I do know the excuse ;):)
For sure, I’m in complete agreement. I felt I should do the usual nit-picking because a lot of people here obsess over these things, but I’m not a collector so they don’t bother me at all. The only thing I get nervous about when ordering a Case is the edge bevels because I loathe reprofiling, but they nailed this one so I’m happy. I can’t wait to see how this one ages, I think the bone will be sublime and some patina will contrast with the orange nicely.

Doesn't it also mean you're kissing her twice?? ;)
Look at all the Xs on that beauty!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Depending how many knives I own in the various "categories" that are included in my schedule, some of my knives will get carried for only 1 week out of 60, while others may get carried 7 or 8 weeks out of 60.

Striking stripes, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you for comments and carry information, Gary. Regarding the Scratted Barlow, it has so many Xs because it is so Xcellent. :)

Yeah, there's a lot of variation in stockman patterns, and I tend to avoid square bolsters, exposed tang corners, and sheepsfoot with closed tip riding above the liners.

Your dramatic weather report reminded me of this music, Jeff! :(
Nice knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Thanks for the music and kind comment, Gary!
Regarding blade tips sitting proud (ouch!), that’s from blade loss due to aggressive sharpening. You fix it by filing down the kick~ the little protrusion on the blade tang that sits on the spring when closed. Just file a little, and test, repeat until it seats properly and safely. I believe they are designed for adjustment.

Thanks. I believe the Keen Kutter is post-1985.
Here it is with its original french-ivory covers and hot stamped "shield":
qa5GqtT.jpg

hsVp79sl.jpg
Now I remember your rescaling job with piano keys! Nice job.

Back