What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you kindly, my friend :) :thumbsup:

Have a great vacation Tom, you picked some nice companions :) :thumbsup:

Delightful dup Gev :) :thumbsup:

That's very interesting to hear Gary, I'm glad you were able to get one of the Solingen models :) Nice pairing :cool: Hey, good luck with those tests buddy :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

Such a great pair, highly practical and good-looking to boot! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pics :) I like the Roach Belly pattern :cool: :thumbsup:

Fabulous black 'n' red pairing Dylan :cool: :thumbsup:

Going all out for Black Friday today, with my 44 Gunstock and 2018 Guardians SFO :) :thumbsup:

rnaO2Ev.jpg

2aTGmth.jpg
Thanks and back at ya {love the gunstock}

I love the size; Rides nice along side my wallet with barely any extra bulk. I wanted a larger work knife to rotate with my Spyderco Delica, to satisfy that traditional itch, and this fits the bill nicely.

i honestly had a mixed first impression since it has those typical Case issues (in my experience); rounded tip, major gaps between liners and covers, sharp edges on some of the pins. It also has some vertical blade play, but this is my first Case lockback so I don’t know how normal that is.

In a first for me it has a really decent edge, it’s sharp and fairly evenly ground. It also has the nicest bone I’ve gotten on a Case knife and I find it quite beautiful. All things said I think I’m go to like this one for a daily user. :thumbsup:
I have 6 Case lock backs and I don't think any of them have any vertical play. Horizontal play ranges from nonexistent to a tiny little bit. I've experienced the Case blunt "spear" point, but my cv Tribal is good. I do have a couple of sharp edged pins on this one. I'm pretty amaturish when it comes to edges. I used mine to slice a tomato this morning and it sliced through with little pressure which makes it good to me :)
I too think this one is going to get better looking with age and use.

The aging smooth white bone I bought from Lyle a few years back at the GEC rendezvous, it's been tucked away to long and has mellowed nicely, a patina will compliment it well.
bEnXNh.jpg

Then trying to keep pace with Mike's snow, this happened overnight:mad: with another 1" to 3" possibly overnight:( The upside is I bought a new Husqvarna snow blower last year;):D
tqbZjJ.jpg

I have 6 Case lock backs and I don't think any of them have any vertical play. Horizontal play ranges from nonexistent to a tiny little bit. I've experienced the Case blunt "spear" point, but my cv Tribal is good. I do have a couple of sharp edged pins on this one. I'm pretty amaturish when it comes to edges. I used mine to slice a tomato this morning and it sliced through with little pressure which makes it good to me :)
I too think this one is going to get better looking with age and use.
I think play is the wrong word, movement would be a bit more accurate. The blade seems tight in the locking mechanism, but when if I make a downward cut with any force the blade travels backward a bit, pushing the lock bar out. It seems more like a design quirk than a flaw and doesn’t affect the function.
I’m loving it so far, I hope they offer more barehead versions in the future.

Carried this one today to help with thwarting digging efforts of a very mischievous Border Collie puppy. Grabbed a 16x20 poly tarp and had to cut it to allow for the 4x4 supports. Good enough for this year as the old sandbox will come out next summer.

wOVEry.jpg

Hgek2e.jpg

Of course it was windy to make the whole ordeal way more interesting:(
MticQB.jpg

Good luck with the digging, Paul! :D How’s that new pup doing?

I planted some grass in a portion of our yard a few weeks ago, and had a heck of a time keeping the squirrels from digging holes all over the ground where I’d seeded. :mad:

When arrived. No longer shiny....;)

LjXbjfa.jpg

That’s a beauty, Will! :thumbsup:

@Amir Fleschwund
You’re welcome Jeff. It looks great.

I’ve got my large spear point wire jack today.View attachment 1436830

I’ve always thought those old wire jacks were interesting. I like the ones with the bottle opener built into the tang. :D

Praiseworthy pair of knives, Jack, and interesting "church key"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Two weekends ago, my daughter and some of her friends rented a lake cabin in Minnesota, and one of their activities was a taste test competition among a bunch of "cheap beers". Grain Belt came out the winner (Hamm's was second, I think.)

Although I’ve lived in MN for 2 1/2 years now, I haven’t yet tried any Grain Belt beer! :confused: :D

I must have been influenced by a recurring "skit" on the old Hee Haw TV show, where the cast chants, "What's for dinner, Grandpa?" and Grandpa Jones recites in great detail the country delicacies on the menu. :D

In rhyme, if I recall. And the cast's response is "Yum, Yum!"

I don’t know much about Hee Haw, but this discussion reminded me of this song. :D

Shapleigh and keen kutter, both schrade made.

View attachment 1436877

Couple of handsome knives there! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words my friend :) The church-key was a gift from my pal @herder, along with another Minnesota brew Schell's :) Maybe I'll get to taste them one day ;) :thumbsup:

I was going to ask if that’s where that opener came from… now I don’t have to! :D

Grain Belt is actually owned by Schell’s now.

2017 ebony Churchill, I love the basic Tidioute trim versus the gussied up Northfield trim, especially in ebony:)
zk0ks4.jpg

zVP0mU.jpg

I generally feel the same way, Paul, but every now and then there’s a Northfield that’ll really speak to me. :D

I’ve been carrying this Tidioute Farm Boy (one of my favorites) for the last week or more. We got our first bit of snow this morning, but it only stuck on the deck, grass and vehicles, and it was all gone within a couple hours.

ic9bAjk.jpg

Back