1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Thanks Will, that was a fun project.

Will Power likes this.
  2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Tim.

Thank you, Paul. Those are splendid stockman knives. The bone on them has aged to rare beauty.

3. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks, Mike.
    I got a possible exposure dropping our 4 year old grandson off at his nursery school, last Friday. Our doctor advised us to get tested when we were notified of the possible exposure on Tuesday. Odds are we're ok. Should know by Monday, at the latest.
    It's interesting how many things you want to get out and do, when you're told you shouldn't. :)

Thanks, Jack.
    I got lucky finding it. The description had some discrepancies, which I tried to get clarified. I didn't get a quick enough response so I just pulled the trigger. I didn't want to chance losing the opportunity. I feel if it had been described properly, it would have been gone before I happened on it.
    Thanks for the good wishes.

4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    TGIF!
    At home isolating with these two. We're approaching peak color here. Pics taken looking out from "Peregrin's Roost" ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you very much, Jack!!!
    Very cool Black Friday pairing today; love the shot of your 2018 Guardian SFO, it looks amazing!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black and solphilos like this.
  6. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
  7. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you very kindly, Gary (x2!!!)

8. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Mine doesn't do that so I don't think its a design quirk. Manufacturing variance maybe.

solphilos likes this.
  9. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Taylor Schrade 108OT for Old Friends Friday.
    [​IMG]

10. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    A Bull Buster and a Jr Stockman are today's totes, both covered in black. :)
    [​IMG]

11. jmarston

jmarston

Dec 6, 2010
    Almost hockey season. Flooding the rink today.

[​IMG]

12. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camillus and a Queen today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Been carrying these two the last three days. Hope y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :) :thumbsup:

15. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    In the darkroom on a rainy day.
    [​IMG]

16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Full disclosure, Paul. I hit “Like” because of your beautiful Orchard Gem Farmer’s Jack. :thumbsup:
    I do NOT like your other photo.:mad::eek::D
    Love the Farm Boy.
    Us old(er) farts can’t help sharing knowledge that sometimes only we find interesting. And we often repeat it!

So anyway, here’s something I read about in our county’s conservation magazine, which explains my own experience on my vast country estate:
    The article was about Illinois’ vastly diminished oak savannas, and what land owners can do to restore the oaks.
    All of the acorn and nut bearing trees have a survival relationship with tree rats. The mast is the tree rat’s food source (besides what I put out for the birds), and in return, the tree rats bury them in the ground planning on sniffing them out and digging them up during the winter. They miss a lot of what they bury, which ensures the next generation of trees.
    So here’s the “interesting” part, assuming you’re still with me...
    We always wonder why the tree rats bury their acorns and nuts out in the middle of the yard, or in our gardens instead of in the brush or woods where we might actually want a tree. Well, it’s because of the field mice and meadow voles. They spend all winter digging up the squirrel’s winter food, but because of hawks and owls, they only do it in the brush, high weeds, or woods. So the squirrels plant out in the open where the mice are afraid to go. So if you want the tree rats to help re-populate your oaks, hickories, and walnuts, you brush hog or mow off where you want the nuts planted.
    I stopped shooting at them with the BB gun, and just transplant the seedlings out to the wooded corners of my palatial grounds.:D
    Here’s a little walnut and a hickory that came up in one of my raised beds. They are the same age, but hickories spend their first year or two sinking a deep tap root that makes them a bear to dig up without killing them. 4D3F0FD1-9097-45BD-8517-3FB98AE691E7.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  17. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
  18. pipedreams308

pipedreams308 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    75FB2FCA-6B94-4ACB-9B4D-CDC639DBB11D.jpeg
    My first Zulu.

19. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019