What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My new-to-me peanut is getting around. We could be friends for a long time.

E4H9Zmv.jpg

(All OT's are BTI Schrade Old Timer's)
25OT Two blade slipjoint folding hunter on belt.
23OTScout/Camp/Utility in pocket, attached to 32 inch lanyard.
858OT Stockman.
Rough Ryder RR1838 "Hopalong Cassidy" Moose.

Not a cutlery: Shepherd's Sling. Getting close to Halloween ... who knows what mean dogs/wolves/werewolves/coyote are out there?

View attachment 1438932

edit 10-18: Deduct the moose. Retaining the triple OT's

Last edited:
Picked up two great vintage knives, an easy open Winchester and a Robeson Scout, both with great blades and no play and killer bone:cool::cool::cool:

Usually I snap the in hand pic but just happened to lay these down at my desk at work and after downloading I thought "Hey this is kind of a JJ pic" (but mines not as good):):cool: I think Barrett or someone had a GAW which called into play how other members posted their knife pic's:confused::cool:

4DIV4c.jpg

V2ZZCB.jpg

WOW!!!!!!
Paul - Bith two very nice Knives my friend - Thst Robeson Scout is simply gorgeous - and that Winchester EO is superb!
I’m jealous yet pleased at the same time my friend - your tearing me up here man!!!! :eek::eek: :D

My internet went down Friday afternoon, and is still as weak as watery milk, so I'm afraid I've got some catching up to do :eek: :rolleyes:

Absolutely beautiful. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you John :) :thumbsup:

This for the hospital this morning.
xS9kAkS.jpg

Somebody else's paint on it:
Rbim9dr.jpg

Still no alarms go off for my pocketknives, but I brought this because I have two of them, plus a stainless (Westerns).
Then, back to the same old Crosman, Wright, Bassett, and Imperial.
dPv4CGZ.jpg

Just routine bloodwork, by the way.

Hope you went on OK Jer :thumbsup: Isn't there always somebody else's paint on those knives?! o_O Quality quartet my friend :thumbsup:

Maybe because you are an outlaw at heart John. Roaming the west, fightin’ the law! :D

I fought the Law and the Law won. :D

:D :thumbsup:

TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone.

6F7TgqL.jpg

Great to see that combination Mike :) :thumbsup:

Double your pleasure, double your fun, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't know a name for that little "wire sculpture" thing my Cannon knife was posed on, but I enjoy manipulating it into various shapes ranging from a flat lace-like lobed circle to a sphere with Saturnesque ring. :)

It DOES have a name Jer, though I forget it myself :rolleyes: I came across one on a market stall many years ago, and gifted it to another member who showed an interest. If I get time, I'll see if I can find it in an old post, as I think it would interest you, as it has a scientific nature :thumbsup:

This may be a case of "Be careful what you wish for!" when it comes to tasting those beers, Jack! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup:

Thanks. I believe the Keen Kutter is post-1985.
Here it is with its original french-ivory covers and hot stamped "shield":
qa5GqtT.jpg

hsVp79sl.jpg

VERY cool Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks and back at ya {love the gunstock}

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

I was going to ask if that’s where that opener came from… now I don’t have to! :D

Grain Belt is actually owned by Schell’s now.

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mike.
I got a possible exposure dropping our 4 year old grandson off at his nursery school, last Friday. Our doctor advised us to get tested when we were notified of the possible exposure on Tuesday. Odds are we're ok. Should know by Monday, at the latest.
It's interesting how many things you want to get out and do, when you're told you shouldn't. :)

Thanks, Jack.
I got lucky finding it. The description had some discrepancies, which I tried to get clarified. I didn't get a quick enough response so I just pulled the trigger. I didn't want to chance losing the opportunity. I feel if it had been described properly, it would have been gone before I happened on it.
Thanks for the good wishes.

Fingers crossed Gary :thumbsup: Good find :) :thumbsup:

TGIF!
At home isolating with these two. We're approaching peak color here. Pics taken looking out from "Peregrin's Roost" ;)
2WziuWk.jpg

eLpLkvK.jpg

Excellent pics :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

Very cool Black Friday pairing today; love the shot of your 2018 Guardian SFO, it looks amazing!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Bull Buster and a Jr Stockman are today's totes, both covered in black. :)

Many thanks JJ, that's a good pairing, the big Bull Buster is a nice foil to your small Stockman, which is a pearl :cool: :thumbsup:

Camillus and a Queen today

TRdWMwJ.jpg

haZhcg3.jpg

You have some fabulous bone Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

Been carrying these two the last three days. Hope y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50479691972_3bb7d484a8_o_d.jpg

Nicely paired Ron :) :thumbsup:

Stunning pics :cool: :thumbsup:

Finally the weekend... hope it's a good one for everybody.

You too John, no lemons there buddy :D :thumbsup:

Well this time the weatherman was spot on:eek: we had 4" overnight of the wet, heavy type of snow fall, still snowing now. Will replenish the bird feeder when I get home mid afternoon.
Picked up two great vintage knives, an easy open Winchester and a Robeson Scout, both with great blades and no play and killer bone:cool::cool::cool:

Usually I snap the in hand pic but just happened to lay these down at my desk at work and after downloading I thought "Hey this is kind of a JJ pic" (but mines not as good):):cool: I think Barrett or someone had a GAW which called into play how other members posted their knife pic's:confused::cool:

4DIV4c.jpg

V2ZZCB.jpg

Wow! :cool: Congratulations Paul :) Great pics my friend :thumbsup:

That was a good giveaway ;) :thumbsup:

In the Juxtaposition

50497753083_6352029eb1_b.jpg

New York Knife Company - MotherOsenator

Eye candy!! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Toting these two handy and pocketable slicers today. :)

Very handsome JJ :) :thumbsup:

Finally caught up! :D I had these three with me yesterday on my hike :thumbsup:

1DRESth.jpg

PWp6SRu.jpg

vkLZLiA.jpg

And today, I'm pairing these two workhorses ;) :thumbsup:

c1r6fMf.jpg

HbYuFMa.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone :) :thumbsup:

Back