What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Hope you're having a peaceful Sunday, folks!
    My Laguiole is helping with a quick lunch. Sous vide grass fed sirloin on Rosemary Olive oil bread, covered in beef gravy and mushrooms. Just typing that out has made me hungry again!
    [​IMG]

2. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Inside on this kind of wet day and carrying a couple of Pruners . An old Stag ,
    and my newest acquisition , a Case XX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

3. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks John! :) I always enjoy going to the Apple Orchard. I just have to stay away from the bakery. They make some outstanding fried pies and fritters! ;) I picked up a few pounds on vacation last week. :D

Thanks Les! :) :thumbsup:

K33ncutter and Old Engineer like this.
  6. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Case Stockman for Sunday.
    [​IMG]

7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Jack; the only time I'm in command of anything is when I take out my boxes of canoe knives. :rolleyes:
    Fine pair you've selected! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) The RR medium bone stockman has many of the features of your superlative 897UH. :cool::thumbsup:
    Your avatar Ancient is a treat, as always! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your stag sowbelly is a show-stopper, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for sharing both of those vivacious vintage pairs, Steve; exemplary bone! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

JJ, the green Farmer is major league!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sublime whittler, Dee! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Overwhelming quality in that ebony duo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Striking bone/shield combination on your Tribal Lock! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Excellent Black Friday "choice", John! ;):cool::cool:

Dazzling diminutive duo, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Compelling Clauss jack, Les! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

The Cadet is a bit small for my taste, and the nail file is kind of a wasted blade for my typical use. I do like the aesthetics of Alox, so I'd probably choose the Electrician, with spear main and sheepsfoot instead of can opener, as my favorite (with the Farmer and its saw as runner-up) among the Vics I actually own. :thumbsup::cool: (In principle, I welcome the new Alox versions that have scissors, but haven't picked one up yet.)

I always enjoy a glimpse of the "El Greco Knife", Joshua! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Special jigging on that Schrade Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the proud tip tip, Jeff :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:; I'm familiar with that in principle, although I've never actually filed a kick yet. But I'm talking about brand new stockman knives (often from Case, IIRC) that have the sheepsfoot tip up above the liners (and the hump on the spine of the sheepsfoot towering above the other blades). Granted, that proud tip is not a problem when the knife is closed since it's between the other blades, and I suppose having the sheepsfoot "canted up" like that makes it easier to access for opening. But it still looks like a puncture waiting to happen when either the clip or the spey/pen is being used.

If you ever try Grain Belt, Barrett, let us know what you think! ;)
    The first verse in the video you posted reminded me of Hee Haw for sure! I liked that song, especially the pedal steel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:cool::cool::thumbsup:

Kool Keen Kutter, and that Bull Buster is gigantic!! :eek::cool::cool:

- GT

8. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the interesting info, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you, sir. :)

Commendable Canal Stree canittler! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic knife, José; I had never realized it was a liner lock model! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Steve. :)

Thanks for the info about the heirloom corn! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the black/orange combo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Looks like you're taking precautions about scurvy as well as COVID! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the high praise, Dean. :)
    Classy Case stockman you have on duty! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Barrett and Paul, I adore the knives you posted :thumbsup::cool::cool:, but detest the snow pics! :(:thumbsdown:

Great knife and fine tribute to the man who passed on ED! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, Gary! It had been too long since I last carried it.

10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you for you knife compliments, Gary!

11. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
  12. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you, Gary!!!
    Thanks Gary, it is quite a size contrast! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Rachel :) My original post was from 2012, and while I still have them, it has been stripped of the photos, and much of its punctuation o_O @Gevonovich hit the jackpot! :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) Definitely a good day out, but a tiring one! :D :thumbsup:

How the other half live! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :D :thumbsup:

Reaper AL and r8shell like this.
  14. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Thanks GT. It is a pleasure to carry and use. :)

15. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    My plate /begging-bowl is in the Post:D;)

Superfood superlag:thumbsup:

16. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Lol. I wish I was the other half!
    On sale at Costco! :D;)

Jack Black and Will Power like this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    You got that Lag at Costco?;):D:cool:

18. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Toting these two old shadows for a fairly relaxing Sunday. :)
    [​IMG]

19. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    Phenomenal pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That Wards is like one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Steve!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Classic, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Exquisite pair of mini copperheads, Ed! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Knife and beverage are both eye-openers, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool: My condolences to you on the end of the Astros season, but they made it quite interesting for you during your anniversary/birthday week! ;)

It's another of my daughter's old toys that I reclaimed when she was about to trash it, but I don't know if I ever knew its name. :rolleyes:
    Thanks for finding that, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::cool: I've heard the word "mandala" but didn't know its meaning; very cool! How did you ever find it? What search term(s) led to that cool video?

Superb weekend quartet, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great job, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Congrats on the Bears' win! ;)

Stylish, spectacular pair of knives, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who'da thunk it?? :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Splendid knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I have that model, too, and like it very much, but I admire how yours is brown all the way to the bolster (mine fades to almost-white near the bolster).

Handsome choice, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (The patina looks like it might contain a Halloween scene, or maybe a Nativity scene? :rolleyes:)

Looks tasty, Gary! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Just yesterday, my wife and I happened to reminisce about cream chipped beef on toast, which neither of us has had for decades. But your beef on bread is qualitatively different, I'd wager! :D

Thanks for sharing your treasures with us, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    The stag 73s are impeccable, that old stag pruner is amazing, and congrats on the new Case pruner with its primo, pristine bone!

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider half whittler:
    halfwhit.pile.main.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a RR stag medium trapper:
    stagMT.mark.2open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Black Jack, a Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son, the ebony 2018 Guardians lambsfoot:
    mark.V.woods.jpg

- GT

20. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011