What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Day off so I cut down some Black Eyed Susans with this L46-5. Plus a #72 in my pocket.
Western was a bit of overkill but fun.:)
JQS1CjY.jpg

R4cha4k.jpg

dJuYy6o.jpg

I just flat out missed this one John
I can see how you missed it... I've only posted it every day for over a month. ;):D

When and how did you aquire X-Caliber?
Short version...
Few years ago, on vacation, my boys found a knife shop.
We went down there and they had a small collection of GEC knives.
My boys helped me pick this one out, so it's very special to me.
Came with boring acrylic covers, so had Glenn recover it in ebony.
I chose the sword shield because my boys and I are into Fantasy and Sci Fi.
It was getting pretty dinged up, so I sanded down the ebony and bolsters, which gave it a nice satin finish.
I also put a fresh edge on it, Flitz the blades, and oiled the joints... Good to go for the rest of the month. :cool::thumbsup:

I can see how you missed it... I've only posted it every day for over a month. ;):D

Short version...
It was getting pretty dinged up, so I sanded down the ebony and bolsters, which gave it a nice satin finish.
I also put a fresh edge on it, Flitz the blades, and oiled the joints... Good to go for the rest of the month. :cool::thumbsup:
Ebony definitely beats acrylic. I thought that was a bomb shield, like on last year's forum knife. But if I squint, maybe I can see a sword. :p

Short version...

Well John JohnDF JohnDF , I gotta say in my own defense that the Docs have had me on some pretty good "kick-a-poo joy juice":eek: to prep me for visits etc. but I'll take the heat on this and will pay closer attention in the future.:rolleyes:

That is a nice knife and the ebony covers really set it off.

Like Vince Prester John Prester John I too can see a sword if I squint my eyes really tight.:thumbsup:

Whelp, there’s been over a thousand posts since I peaced out a few weeks back. I figure I’ll just pick up here. I carried these two over my break. Good to see errbody!

Welcome home!
I hope to see that gorgeous redbone dogleg jack more often. Where’ve you been hiding that beauty?
That's a gorgeous photo, Jeff.
Thanks, Dean, but I’m afraid superstitious folks might blame me for today’s snow! Like washing your car makes it rain...
Not sticking, but coming down pretty good.
Day off so I cut down some Black Eyed Susans with this L46-5. Plus a #72 in my pocket.
Western was a bit of overkill but fun.:)
JQS1CjY.jpg

R4cha4k.jpg

dJuYy6o.jpg
Looks like the 72 is fresh off the production line.:thumbsup:

Tis the season for cutting those heads off the perennials to harvest the seeds.

Welcome home!
I hope to see that gorgeous redbone dogleg jack more often. Where’ve you been hiding that beauty?

Thanks, Dean, but I’m afraid superstitious folks might blame me for today’s snow! Like washing your car makes it rain...
Not sticking, but coming down pretty good.

Looks like the 72 is fresh off the production line.:thumbsup:

Tis the season for cutting those heads off the perennials to harvest the seeds.

Thanks man! I got the mini trapper before I went on my trip. It’s super close to a perfect carry. The pull is a firm, crisp, beefy, strong, 7. Whoever had it before left it in beautiful shape with a lot of life left in the blades.

Good to be back.

Went mushroom picking, but found nothing edible. Gathered some chestnuts though. Next time I need to go in the forest in early morning hours, not late afternoon lol ... :oops:
You sure them ain't acorns? Look like acorns to my (6 with bifocals) old vintage antique eyes ...

Back