What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

today362.jpg

Two very cool knives there JJ, and a great pic of them. I have some old tortoiseshell, but find the acrylic just as attractive :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!! The new acrylics are really well done , but your old tortoiseshell must be marvelous!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Back with my Hartshead Barlow today, and a Buck 301, gifted to me by r8shell r8shell :) :thumbsup:

fp8SHV8.jpg

ib5K9he.jpg
A great pairing adding the Buck to your Hartshead Barlow beauty; I have a real soft spot for Buck knives, my first daily carry several decades ago!:eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! We had too much city light to see more than a few stars, but it was still nice to sit outside. Nice and cool evening in the low 80s. ;)
rpR1a8l.jpg

Sounds a lot nicer than it would be here - dark, cold, and wet! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!! The new acrylics are really well done , but your old tortoiseshell must be marvelous!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A great pairing adding the Buck to your Hartshead Barlow beauty; I have a real soft spot for Buck knives, my first daily carry several decades ago!:eek::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you JJ. The Buck was a very thoughtful gift :) :thumbsup:

Jack I saw Motorhead about 16 years ago. Rip Lemmy Kilmister. He was one heck of a performer. They were definitely louder than Iron Maiden!

Yes, he had some stamina! :D He wasn't young when I saw them at Sheffield City Hall (free, courtesy of a wire coat-hanger), with Girlschool, on the 'Ace of Spades' tour in 1979. Still quite a small band then :) :thumbsup:

I love those Douk-Douks annoyingly good. I have one we keep in the kitchen cause it takes a good edge. I should drag it out and take a picture.
here's mine today, not the most traditional but theres just something I love about the buck stockmans. Not the prettiest by a large margin but just solid and honest.
zwacCsfl.jpg

I love those Douk-Douks annoyingly good. I have one we keep in the kitchen cause it takes a good edge. I should drag it out and take a picture.
here's mine today, not the most traditional but theres just something I love about the buck stockmans. Not the prettiest by a large margin but just solid and honest.
zwacCsfl.jpg
That honesty and solidity has a beauty of its own. I love bucks slipjoints.

I’m never without my trusty black Pioneer. Here’s mine after a couple years of carry:
88dEWkN.jpg

Buck August 2020 Web Special Brass Ebony, and S30V 110 on my belt in a Buck "distressed leather" sheath.
(BTI) Old timer 23OT 4 blade Scout/Camp/Utility knife on 32 inch SAK chain lanyard.
"Gentleman's Knife: SAK Signature.
Rough Ryder RR1740 "Classic Carbon" large (4.25 inch closed) Stockman.

This should cover any/every/all knife tasks that come up for at least the remainder of the month. :)

View attachment 1441235
(if I need a "heavier duty" 4 blade Scout/Camp/Utility knife I'll swap the 23OT out for my Marbles MR278 "Demo" knife.)

Back