What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Stockman of the Week is a stag bone Marbles with "damascus etch" blades (thanks, Randy):
stock.mark.3open.jpg

Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider Silver Select sowbelly stockman:
silverselect.sow.pile.open.ant.jpg

Fancy canoe for this week is a Buck jigged bone canoe that's not very fancy but fairly rare (thanks, Clay):
jig.canoe.mark.Vmain.woods.jpg

Plain Canoe of the Week is a RR sawcut bone model that has kinda fancy bolsters:
canoe.sawcut.mark.2open.jpg

- GT

That honesty and solidity has a beauty of its own. I love bucks slipjoints.

I’m never without my trusty black Pioneer. Here’s mine after a couple years of carry:
88dEWkN.jpg

I've only had this one a few months, I was carrying around a Wenger before but my wife decided to adopt (read steal) it from me. Although some complain the alox scratch easily, I for one kinda like the worn look.

Sounds a lot nicer than it would be here - dark, cold, and wet! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you JJ. The Buck was a very thoughtful gift :) :thumbsup:

Yes, he had some stamina! :D He wasn't young when I saw them at Sheffield City Hall (free, courtesy of a wire coat-hanger), with Girlschool, on the 'Ace of Spades' tour in 1979. Still quite a small band then :) :thumbsup:
The old coat hangar lock pick trick!
I used to know a guy who’d grown up on Chicago’s north side. I think he got into Wrigley Field for every Cubs home game as a kid, and never bought a ticket. No coat hangars needed ~ they had dozens of ways to sneak in. I think it involved shinnying up drain pipes to get over walls, gaps in fences, etc

Happy Humpday!
Tested negative for COVID-19, got the results late yesterday. I'll be looking for reasons to go somewhere, after being cooped up since last Thursday.
Along for the ride.
tmCWzFA.jpg
So no Bat Flu for you! Good news.
Now avoid those people!

Maiden voyage for my most recent online purchase/rehab.
I could have polished out the unfortunate Dremel hackery, but it was bent, and that Schrade stainless does not like to be put in a vise and straightened out. :eek:
So... she got a new blade. Kinda like it.
This is what it was ~ a Schrade + SC503.View attachment 1439129I’m not sure what to call it nowo_O
I’ll just call it The White One.

View attachment 1439121View attachment 1439120 View attachment 1439119View attachment 1439118 Y’all have a great Sunday~ it’s likely to be raining after church, which might keep me indoors enough to watch the Bears game. I’m really liking this Foles guy they brought in. Not too sure about the fake crowd noise, though! :rolleyes:

EDIT!:
I just received some very unfortunate and disturbing news from Mrs Grave Fleschwund ~ it is supposed to be snowing when we escape from church:mad::D

Where did you get the replacement blade?
Thanks
Rick

These today . Arno Bernard Galago and Northfield 23 . Both carried in slips . Slip for the 23 was provided by sunknife sunknife .

Harry
That is a good looking pair of knives, Harry.:thumbsup: Sorta of odd to see a folder/fixed combo where the folder is so much larger in scale than the fb.
That is a handsome Arno knife though and I like the small fixed blades as much as the larger ones.

I carried an osage moose and bone canoe today.
View attachment 1441320

hA1BSh1.jpg

This is really an extraordinary knife. Haven't posted it much lately because I sent it back to get the blade centered a little better. Very fast service. Just got it back today. A birthday knife. Easily my favourite out of nearly 50. Just perfect, really. Will be taking more pics soon. Sitting with my wife in the living room, sipping Chardonnay, and don't feel like being a photographer right now.
Le Thiers par Fontenille Pataud, 14C28 steel, boxwood handle. Just a perfect size--about 4 1/2 in. closed.

Edit: couple of more pics:
oJrUGGi.jpg

P83cEla.jpg

Last edited:
By the powers vested in me, I hereby designate page 8799 as a Barlow rich environment!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::):D

Very nice Dee, I could be wrong but I think that may have been my Walnut Clip/Pen from a while back? I rounded the ends, then sold it here then saw it on the bay shortly after. If it is it's neat that you have it now:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Paul. :thumbsup:
Yes, I think we had a conversation about it aforetime & it very well may be :). The radius end of the covers take this one to a whole new level :cool:. Definitely a treat to own, and one of my favorites. :thumbsup::)

That is a good looking pair of knives, Harry.:thumbsup: Sorta of odd to see a folder/fixed combo where the folder is so much larger in scale than the fb.
That is a handsome Arno knife though and I like the small fixed blades as much as the larger ones.

I carried an osage moose and bone canoe today.
View attachment 1441320
Thanks for the kind words Greg . I do not expect to ever have to use the AB . I bought a Grandson-in-law an AB in Spalted Maple a couple of years ago and I was so blown away with the workmanship , it was hard to give away . Since then , I had always wanted one in Wart Hog Tusks . I have an older Schrade Sharp Finger that I bought at an auction for nothing that is like new with the box and I have never used it because I feel it is too small for me to use as a fixed blade . It belonged to a 94 year old WWII Vet and I do not need it . Now I am rambling on .

Harry

Back