What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It is indeed very yummy. :cool::thumbsup:

It looks nekid. :eek::D

2. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks very much, Gary!!! :D
    Very cool global threesome; I really like the blade shape on your MAM!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chuck4570 and Scott J. like this.
  3. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried these 2 today as I finished cleaning out the veggie and flower gardens . Old Pics
    TEW Lambfoot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my Old Pruner in Stag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

4. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    That’s a cool Diamond Edge GT! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I’ve never seen such a thing. Does it have actual metal covers pinned on, or are those dimples just for show?

chuck4570 and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  5. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    For Friday:
    [​IMG]

Le Thiers Nature, by Fontenille Pataud.

7. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    That green bone EO is awfully nice too, Paul. Looks like it might be sporting a small amount of pocket wear on the bone, which really adds to the character and appeal. Ya gotta love a knife like that, a survivor with beauty marks.:thumbsup:
    Same for the scout.:thumbsup:

chuck4570 and Old Hunter like this.
  8. sunknife

Nov 28, 2018
    So many nice elements on that knife, Vince. I could see myself carrying one just like this and loving it, but I'm trying to avoid any knife purchases for awhile so I must stop looking at it.:D She's a beauty. :)

Haegar, 315, chuck4570 and 2 others like this.
  9. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thank you, Greg. It will definitely be my primary carry for a while. At least until I get my next Fontenille Pataud knife! They have so many beautiful patterns.

10. sunknife

Nov 28, 2018
    I just finished browsing their website, Vince. You're spot on about their selection of nice patterns, plus a wide variety of beautiful scale materials.
    Easy for me to really really want one, (or) two, (or) many of these. Would be difficult to decide on a handle material from all the fine offerings though.:D

chuck4570 and Prester John like this.
  11. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Yeah, I've already got a list of four knives going, all with different handle materials. I think I can get one every few months.

sunknife, Haegar and chuck4570 like this.
  12. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
  13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Good news Gary, you don't need no steeekin' Covid! Great pic of those two beauties :) :thumbsup:

Great to see the pile-sides JJ :) Just as good-looking as the marks :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D We had free concerts for a whole summer :) When I was young, Sheffield had a cricket ground, with a bus terminus alongside. Cricket never held any interest for me, but I knew kids who would go and ask the bus-drivers if they could sit on the top-deck of the parked-up double-decker buses, so they could watch the game over the wall of the ground :D :thumbsup:

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Great to see your Midnight Special Ron, and the #76 is a cool companion :) :thumbsup:

Two smashers JJ :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the weekend with my Hartshead Barlow and an Old Friend :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today I carry this Portuguese from Anselmo-Sendim in Ebony wood.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Beautiful bone pair, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Distinctive duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    "Sing us a song, you're the piano man..." ;)

Thanks for sharing your "search secret", Rachel. :)
    That blue Farmer is celestial! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Auspicious couple of knives, Ron; I especially enjoy seeing that Workhorse sleeveboard! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the 3OT! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Keep rollin' those bones for our viewing pleasure, Steve!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Robust rosewood lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the warning, Barrett; I definitely prefer snow to be a post-Christmas phenomenon. :rolleyes:
    That Joker is a fantastic knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have one very similar, but bigger; it's one of my favorite knives I bought in Spain.
    Great photo of snowy Eleanor, but I was hoping we'd get to see her winter footwear for the new season! ;)

That's a really appealing knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    How big is it?

Thanks for the Farmer comment, Jack; you seem to carry yours frequently on weekend hikes. :)
    Apparently, that etching practice is somewhat common in Spain. I don't think the blade-etch premium was too high, since my daughter had little discretionary funds at the time.

Unforgettable knife, José; such grand grain in the ironwood! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Peanut of the Week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
    72OT.mark.closed.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker blond bull horn model I bought in Toledo, Spain:
    joker.asta.open.out.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is an Ashley's Choice lambsfoot I call Cracker Jack:
    CJ.pile.lettuceblossoms.unfocus.jpg

- GT

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary, I'll spare you my singing! :D Yes, I carry the Farmer a lot when I go out, the saw gets a fair bit of use, along with the punch :) Terrific trio there my friend :thumbsup:

Prester John and chuck4570 like this.
  17. seas165

seas165 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Old Engineer and chuck4570 like this.
  18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! The #76, having a clip and pen really pairs well with a Lambsfoot blade. It’s nice to see that #15. That’s a cool photo with all the colors! :) :cool:

Thanks Gary! :thumbsup: The #79 is a great pattern! That’s some beautiful Horn and Stag you’re sharing today! :cool:

Jack Black and chuck4570 like this.
  19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    These two for me today. I hope y’all have a great day and weekend! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

20. Jerbhola89

Jerbhola89 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2020
    93 is accompanying the B&S today. Happy Friday all!!

5DB2FCEA-01C9-4487-AA99-E8474E7AA344.jpeg