What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oktoberfest is probably my favorite among the many I've tried!
It is indeed very yummy. :cool::thumbsup:

imperial-de-closed-jpg.1442020
It looks nekid. :eek::D

I'm "standing in the shadow of love" whenever this pair comes around, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks very much, Gary!!! :D
Big Knife of the Week is a MAM Iberica:
mam-iberica-mark-open-jpg.1442019

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is an Imperial Diamond Edge (thanks, Mark):
imperial-de-closed-jpg.1442020

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone Barlow:
barlow-amber-open-jpg.1442017
Very cool global threesome; I really like the blade shape on your MAM!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Greg, the other Case has some great red bone but this older Case (1920-1940) easy open sports some dark green bone with a patch that may be as old as the knife itself. This Case albeit older doesn't have great color but it's still a great knife, solid mostly full main but pretty well worn pen blade but still rock solid:thumbsup:
ECGR60.jpg
That green bone EO is awfully nice too, Paul. Looks like it might be sporting a small amount of pocket wear on the bone, which really adds to the character and appeal. Ya gotta love a knife like that, a survivor with beauty marks.:thumbsup:
Same for the scout.:thumbsup:

So many nice elements on that knife, Vince. I could see myself carrying one just like this and loving it, but I'm trying to avoid any knife purchases for awhile so I must stop looking at it.:D She's a beauty. :)
Thank you, Greg. It will definitely be my primary carry for a while. At least until I get my next Fontenille Pataud knife! They have so many beautiful patterns.

Thank you, Greg. It will definitely be my primary carry for a while. At least until I get my next Fontenille Pataud knife! They have so many beautiful patterns.
I just finished browsing their website, Vince. You're spot on about their selection of nice patterns, plus a wide variety of beautiful scale materials.
Easy for me to really really want one, (or) two, (or) many of these. Would be difficult to decide on a handle material from all the fine offerings though.:D

I just finished browsing their website, Vince. You're spot on about their selection of nice patterns, plus a wide variety of beautiful scale materials.
Easy for me to really really want one, (or) two, (or) many of these. Would be difficult to decide on a handle material from all the fine offerings though.:D
Yeah, I've already got a list of four knives going, all with different handle materials. I think I can get one every few months.

Happy Humpday!
Tested negative for COVID-19, got the results late yesterday. I'll be looking for reasons to go somewhere, after being cooped up since last Thursday.
Along for the ride.
tmCWzFA.jpg

Good news Gary, you don't need no steeekin' Covid! Great pic of those two beauties :) :thumbsup:

Toting these two wood covered jacks from S&M and GEC showing their pile sides. :)

Great to see the pile-sides JJ :) Just as good-looking as the marks :cool: :thumbsup:

The old coat hangar lock pick trick!
I used to know a guy who’d grown up on Chicago’s north side. I think he got into Wrigley Field for every Cubs home game as a kid, and never bought a ticket. No coat hangars needed ~ they had dozens of ways to sneak in. I think it involved shinnying up drain pipes to get over walls, gaps in fences, etc

LOL! :D We had free concerts for a whole summer :) When I was young, Sheffield had a cricket ground, with a bus terminus alongside. Cricket never held any interest for me, but I knew kids who would go and ask the bus-drivers if they could sit on the top-deck of the parked-up double-decker buses, so they could watch the game over the wall of the ground :D :thumbsup:

I’m going to have to work on my pie game.
0dxFq3S.jpg

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

I was looking at the forum while drinking my second cup of coffee. I noticed John’s #76, so I decided to give mine some pocket time along with my Guardians 2017 Midnight Special SFO. Y’all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

49865745553_9336e8689c_o_d.jpg

Great to see your Midnight Special Ron, and the #76 is a cool companion :) :thumbsup:

Toting this pair of Schatt & Morgan jacks today. :)

Two smashers JJ :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the weekend with my Hartshead Barlow and an Old Friend :) :thumbsup:

KiQVQAj.jpg

aXfZ5M2.jpg

2015 Single Sheep Boys knife in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone and an old all steel Robeson Scout which I really like:thumbsup:
HgUbx8.jpg
Beautiful bone pair, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Piano keys for me today :D My Random Tuesday pick was the small Wheatley Brothers Jack, so I thought I'd pair it with a big Lambsfoot SFO ;) :thumbsup:
Distinctive duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Sing us a song, you're the piano man..." ;)

"wire toy"
I think I'm going to camp out in the yard tonight and try to see some meteors (Orionids should peak tonight) might make some s'mores.
jJaxAmS.jpg
Thanks for sharing your "search secret", Rachel. :)
That blue Farmer is celestial! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying these today! Y’all be safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50509870452_e2b3e5c06c_c_d.jpg
Auspicious couple of knives, Ron; I especially enjoy seeing that Workhorse sleeveboard! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Just got this little guy. Love it.
L3kBblS.jpg
Congrats on the 3OT! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Pile side shot of a Utica Cattle Punch and a Queen #10

TV4gKkM.jpg
Keep rollin' those bones for our viewing pleasure, Steve!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Robust rosewood lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This post should come with a trigger warning for those of y’all who aren’t ready for the s-word yet. (I’m looking a you, 5K Qs 5K Qs and @CelloDan.) ;)

We got maybe 4 or 5 inches of the stuff today. This photo was taken after I cleared a quick path on the front deck (obviously it was still coming down). I’m really liking this little Joker (a gift from Jack Black Jack Black ; thanks again!).

ad1NbPc.jpg

I can tell you that there was at least one person who was quite happy that it was snowing. :D

PJ6R3LX.jpg
Thanks for the warning, Barrett; I definitely prefer snow to be a post-Christmas phenomenon. :rolleyes:
That Joker is a fantastic knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have one very similar, but bigger; it's one of my favorite knives I bought in Spain.
Great photo of snowy Eleanor, but I was hoping we'd get to see her winter footwear for the new season! ;)

That's a really appealing knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
How big is it?

The Farmer is one of my favourite SAKs Gary :) That's very cheeky of Zamarano, hope the premium for the blade-etch wasn't too high o_O I remember a once well-known English knife-maker who used to buy Brusletto blades, and then grind the etch off, before claiming them as his work. At least he hafted them himself! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the Farmer comment, Jack; you seem to carry yours frequently on weekend hikes. :)
Apparently, that etching practice is somewhat common in Spain. I don't think the blade-etch premium was too high, since my daughter had little discretionary funds at the time.

Today in my pocket I carry this A.Wright & Son, Lambsfoot (Guardians 19) in Ironwood.;):thumbsup:
Unforgettable knife, José; such grand grain in the ironwood! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Peanut of the Week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
72OT.mark.closed.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker blond bull horn model I bought in Toledo, Spain:
joker.asta.open.out.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is an Ashley's Choice lambsfoot I call Cracker Jack:
CJ.pile.lettuceblossoms.unfocus.jpg

- GT

Distinctive duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Sing us a song, you're the piano man..." ;)

Thanks for the Farmer comment, Jack; you seem to carry yours frequently on weekend hikes. :)
Apparently, that etching practice is somewhat common in Spain. I don't think the blade-etch premium was too high, since my daughter had little discretionary funds at the time.

Peanut of the Week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
View attachment 1442143

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker blond bull horn model I bought in Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1442144

View attachment 1442152

- GT

Thanks Gary, I'll spare you my singing! :D Yes, I carry the Farmer a lot when I go out, the saw gets a fair bit of use, along with the punch :) Terrific trio there my friend :thumbsup:

Great to see your Midnight Special Ron, and the #76 is a cool companion :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the weekend with my Hartshead Barlow and an Old Friend :) :thumbsup:

KiQVQAj.jpg

aXfZ5M2.jpg
Thanks Jack! The #76, having a clip and pen really pairs well with a Lambsfoot blade. It’s nice to see that #15. That’s a cool photo with all the colors! :) :cool:

Auspicious couple of knives, Ron; I especially enjoy seeing that Workhorse sleeveboard! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

joker-asta-open-out-jpg.1442144

cj-pile-lettuceblossoms-unfocus-jpg.1442152
Thanks Gary! :thumbsup: The #79 is a great pattern! That’s some beautiful Horn and Stag you’re sharing today! :cool:

Back