What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Jack! The #76, having a clip and pen really pairs well with a Lambsfoot blade. It’s nice to see that #15. That’s a cool photo with all the colors! :) :cool:

You're covering all the angles there pal :) Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

These two for me today. I hope y’all have a great day and weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50270607166_b5f4791d6e_o_d.jpg

Love that pairing Ron :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Old Friends Friday, or Black Friday. Get both.
View attachment 1442201 View attachment 1442202 View attachment 1442203 The old Eagle,Phila cigar jack got me again. With it’s heavily worn blades and home ground E/O notcheso_O, it is admittedly homely. But the jet black ebony, and nickle silver bolsters and shield draw me in, and once I pick it up and slide my hand over those smooth contours, I’m gone. Interestingly, this is my sharpest knife. And all of my knives are SHARP. We often use the term “razor sharp”...

I found this about Eagle, Phila:
View attachment 1442215

This will be the last day for X-Caliber for a while.
I'm getting super bored carrying the same thing every day.
I wanted to see what it was like for past generations to just carry the same tool until it wore out.
But that's not really me (us), we have too much disposable income and it's much too fun to have some variety.
I guess to me, knives are more that just a tool. So, I want to be able switch it up as I see fit and have fun with it.

I made it about six weeks... ;)

This will be the last day for X-Caliber for a while.
I'm getting super bored carrying the same thing every day.
I wanted to see what it was like for past generations to just carry the same tool until it wore out.
But that's not really me (us), we have too much disposable income and it's much too fun to have some variety.
I guess to me, knives are more that just a tool. So, I want to be able switch it up as I see fit and have fun with it.

I made it about six weeks... ;)

That's a long run round these parts John :) I'm sure you'll go back to carrying that special knife. I carried my Vic Mauser for the best part of 10 years :D :thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF ~
That is something I often think about. In my case, my father and grandfather never obsessed over it, poking through a dresser drawer full of cigar boxes full of knives like I do. They just took/take the one they always carry. I was the same way with my 33 and 293 Schrades, and later, with modern folders.
I am still that way when it comes to my left front pocket~ I go weeks or months with the same Wenger.

To help avoid spending more of my limited non-disposable income on knives I do not need, I’ve started modding another TL-29.:D
View attachment 1442228
Assuming I can make it fit, this Camillus will get a Schrade secondary along with jigged and dyed bone.

Back