What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Still planting garlic.
QBqDqzR.jpg

They are such a handy-dandy little knife and slice like a light saber. :cool::thumbsup:

You get that long-time-bonding with your every day knife, and still get to change things up daily. It's the best of both worlds.
I think you are exactly right. :cool::thumbsup:

I think I'd have to rotate a 2nd choice in there to keep it company
That would be the smart things to do.
It'll keep you sane and entertained. :D

But then I have the problem of carrying too much!
That's also something I've thought of...
I have a hard time justifying carrying more than one traditional knife at a time.
I mean different blades can be handy, but really any of the main blade styles will get the job done.
I just have these visions of being pulled over and a cop pulling five different knives out of my pocket. :eek:

I think this classifies as a “first world problem”....
Yes, definitely.
Also a generational difference.

Such a beautiful black pair. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a really good pairing, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :) :thumbsup:

This will be the last day for X-Caliber for a while.
I'm getting super bored carrying the same thing every day.
I wanted to see what it was like for past generations to just carry the same tool until it wore out.
But that's not really me (us), we have too much disposable income and it's much too fun to have some variety.
I guess to me, knives are more that just a tool. So, I want to be able switch it up as I see fit and have fun with it.

I made it about six weeks... ;)
The #76 is a great knife John! In my younger years I carried my Case 6347 SS everyday for close to 25 years. I had plenty of other knives but they were in a roll and all mint. Today it would be hard for me to carry a knife for much over a week. I’ve enjoyed your six week run! :) :thumbsup:

Joshua that’s a super nice pairing my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I just have these visions of being pulled over and a cop pulling five different knives out of my pocket.
Wouldn't bat an eye around here.
Five knives does sound like a lot. I'm usually carrying two traditionals of different sizes. The smaller one in a watch pocket or slip, if I don't want them knocking against each other.

Plus a modern clipped on a pocket.

Oh yeah, there's also the Vik Mini-Champ on my keyring....so that makes four.

Five knives would be extreme. :eek:;)

Here's my pair for the day, a GEC 43 and my pioneer. Trying to decide if I want to grind off that keychain ring. It's interesting to that I seem to go through phases, for a while I'll prefer a small knife, a small stockman or jack, then I'll start carrying an SAK for a while then I'll come back to larger knives, I suppose it corresponds to the weather a little, cold weather means jackets and thicker clothes, which makes larger knives easier.

4yLurbFl.jpg

Back