What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I have that same knife, Bruce; it is a great looking and well made Barlow. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It sure is! Thank you.

Like that :cool: Böker do a decent knife for sure. Is that Grand Canyon Bone? I've a Stockman and Copperhead in that (a pattern you hardly ever hear talk of recently:confused: prefer it to a Trapper actually).
Regards, Will

It is Grand Canyon Bone - the bone was what caused me to buy it years ago at a gun show, caught my eye.

Last edited:
I like that Scott!!! wood covers or synthetic made to look like wood:cool::thumbsup:"

Thanks!! Bone made to look like wood.

Cool looking Muskrat. :cool::thumbsup:
"

Thanks John, I really like it. I was never big on muskrat, but I bought this one anyway because it was from the Case 2020 tour. Turns out I enjoy the pattern more than I thought I would.
Reply is embedded in the quote. I guess I don't know how to reply with multiple quotes

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you kindly, Jack!

I’m carrying my Albers Cutlery Co. boys knife in bocote today.

p4bPr7g.jpg

oylNSsT.jpg

Gorgeous shots of a truly timeless, phenomenal example of a pocket knife. I'm stunned by the beauty, honestly. Congrats on owning that one!

I got my Stag Jack and paired it with a Sambar Lambsfoot for today! The Covid is really kicking back in here. :( I hope everyone can remain safe and well! :) :thumbsup:

50523967206_71bffb8c27_o.jpg
Two beauties for sure Ron . Sorry to hear about the rise in Covid there . I hope you and Pam stay safe my friend .

Harry

Two beauties for sure Ron . Sorry to hear about the rise in Covid there . I hope you and Pam stay safe my friend .

Harry
Thanks for the compliment Harry! :thumbsup: The Covid Cases per day have been rising. We had 40 for our county yesterday. We’re being extra careful!

I love it when somebody finds "The Knife"
I'm not saying this is" The knife", but it gets lots of pocket time, hand time and twirling watching Blade Forums, Telly and Reading, is just an old fashioned hard wearing and sharp work knife, it is sort of my go to knife, not my most expensive, best looking or well made, i just like it. Just sayin'.o_O

ry5MTfs.jpg

Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

I'm sure your having a great time with that outstanding threesome for your three days out in nature; very cool!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

THe weather wasn't great here yesterday JJ, but I had a pretty good day nonetheless :) Some pics in the Guardians thread :thumbsup:

The last harvest.
E3fshSb.jpg

Nice photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

I love it when somebody finds "The Knife". :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

That looks like a handy slicer. :cool::thumbsup:

After being a self-confessed knife floozie for many years now, it's come as a shock John. I don't know how long it'll last, (in a way I hope it doesn't last too long), but certainly enjoying carrying it :) :thumbsup:

The Mini-Skrama is a really useful little knife :) :thumbsup:

"Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang!"

9lsq4JB.jpg

(Garlic, onion, wine, and bile. Don't try this at home!)

:eek: :D Fab Four Jer :thumbsup:

You inspired me to post this Jer. It is from the game Witcher 3.

Good-looking Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday folks :) Got my Hartshead Barlow and a John Primble English Jack today :) :thumbsup:

tKzWyUB.jpg

j3QXvWa.jpg

Beautiful knife from your daughter !
Thanks, Steve. :) She has given me several knives she bought while she lived in Spain.

My pair for Wooden Wednesday.
Couple of wood champs from Case, Les! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a handsome Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! We had too much city light to see more than a few stars, but it was still nice to sit outside. Nice and cool evening in the low 80s. ;)
rpR1a8l.jpg
Temps in the low 80s are just a dream to me now. :(
Those chestnut jigged Swayback Jacks are certifiably dreamy!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Special stag spearpoint, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Some ebony today, a Churchill and a Challenge Cutco

iHi4MfG.jpg
Ebony looks so distinguished; that Churchill certainly gets my vote this election season! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I carried these two on my hike this morning: CSC Forum Knife and Case 2001 Pocket Hunter.

View attachment 1441222 View attachment 1441224
Couple of handsome knives, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I always admire your hiking backgrounds, compared to the "concrete jungle" where most of my walking occurs. ;)

Toting these two wood covered jacks from S&M and GEC showing their pile sides. :)
Pair of prestigious pile sides, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a fancy knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) The blade etching is a bit "over the top" IMHO, but the stag bone is nice, and the knife's shape/structure is what a stockman ought to be with the round bolsters, low-riding blades, sunk joints, and overall smooth profile.
stock.pile.closed.jpg

hA1BSh1.jpg

This is really an extraordinary knife. Haven't posted it much lately because I sent it back to get the blade centered a little better. Very fast service. Just got it back today. A birthday knife. Easily my favourite out of nearly 50. Just perfect, really. Will be taking more pics soon. Sitting with my wife in the living room, sipping Chardonnay, and don't feel like being a photographer right now.
Le Thiers par Fontenille Pataud, 14C28 steel, boxwood handle. Just a perfect size--about 4 1/2 in. closed.
Congrats on the return of your favorite knife, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My buddy really liked the Vic cadet I had in my pocket so I gave it to him.
Perfect timing too, because I just ordered the green one I've been wanting yesterday.
Kudos for passing on your Cadet, and congrats on getting a more colorful one! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I carry this old Wenger alox.;):thumbsup:
You can carry that one proudly, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This Schrade USA 34OT hasn't seen any pocket time lately, time to remedy that. OH
Schrade-34-OT-EDC-3.jpg
What a classic medium stockman, Bruce! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Pockets full of Wharncliffes today
View attachment 1441608
Fab Five of pointy blades, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Probably these.
EBbjYHc.jpg

That Buck is a beauty! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What model is that?

Victorinox Electrician today.

View attachment 1441793
Exemplary Electrician, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FhXqbdv.jpg

I had this Case canoe keeping me company today.
A Case canoe is always a consummate companion! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back