What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You inspired me to post this Jer. It is from the game Witcher 3.
We forget the old ways at our peril, as Sophie Marceau said while garotting Pierce Brosnan.
:eek: :D Fab Four Jer :thumbsup:
Thanks- an experiment in carrying the straight and curved edges as separate knives.
That Buck is a beauty! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What model is that?
That's a Buck 317 Ridgeway. According to an old thread in the Buck sub-forum, it was meant for the UK and EU countries that frown on lock-backs. I thought the "7" should be in the middle of a Chinese-made Buck, but at $25 I wasn't too surprised to see "China" on it. According to the old thread, these were made for Europe and not meant for the US market.
DRdJmXQ.jpg

vF1vysx.jpg

We forget the old ways at our peril, as Sophie Marceau said while garotting Pierce Brosnan.

Thanks- an experiment in carrying the straight and curved edges as separate knives.

That's a Buck 317 Ridgeway. According to an old thread in the Buck sub-forum, it was meant for the UK and EU countries that frown on lock-backs. I thought the "7" should be in the middle of a Chinese-made Buck, but at $25 I wasn't too surprised to see "China" on it. According to the old thread, these were made for Europe and not meant for the US market.
DRdJmXQ.jpg

vF1vysx.jpg
That's a very nice looking imported Buck. I'd bet they would have sold quite a number of those here.

I think I'll put this oldie in the pocket today:
KbAZceK.jpg

View attachment 1442992 View attachment 1442991 View attachment 1442989 View attachment 1442990

Have a Blessed weekend everyone.

Totin’ two old school XX survivors. The 47 has to be one of the greatest patterns of them all because of its size and versatility. The Red Bone has my favorite secondary, the punch! The stag is a single spring, so slim! They did a much better job of hafting stag back then. No fat stag! Love it.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of mushrooms are in my photographs? They look delicious, but I never eat wild mushrooms!
It’s not cheap or easy to find the really big tines that allow for that flat radiused stag with bark.
That fungus is indeed purty. I am pretty sure that one is called Intestinitus Insideoutus, aka: Orange Death Devil.:D
Hope y’all have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

49530664006_8ed8c33e5c_b_d.jpg
Nice knives, as usual, Ron. And thanks for the well wishes!

Last edited:
That's a very nice looking imported Buck. I'd bet they would have sold quite a number of those here.

I think I'll put this oldie in the pocket today:
KbAZceK.jpg
Thank you.
With the slant of the bolster, they got a UK-legal 3" cutting edge on a 2 & 3/4" blade.
It's sharp, too. I was processing mail and walking at the same time, and didn't know I'd cut myself until I found out where that sticky red stuff was coming from.
sRHfJ1m.jpg

I'm totin the same GEC #93 Ram's Foot I was totin yesterday but I've added a Victorinox Pioneer to the mix. No particular reason - just felt like it. Who knows, maybe I'll run across a can that needs opening.

9RqXfdH.jpg

When I’m working outside, or know I’ll be on a job site, I usually pair my 93 and Farmer. 93 and any of the larger ALOX models seems like a a great “get it done” pairing!

@RLB0414 it is the Case Backpocket, don't know the model no.
It is the Carhart version which originally had textured g10 covers. I didnt care for those so I changed them to rosewood.

Had this knife with me in the woods today.
2SDbnSe.jpg

Wow, that Case looks fantastic! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of handsome knives, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I always admire your hiking backgrounds, compared to the "concrete jungle" where most of my walking occurs. ;)

Exemplary Electrician, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT[/QUOTE

Thank you, Gary. I'm fortunate to have a hiking friend who puts up with my knife photography. He often makes recommendations for photos. :) Also, we have about 20 Metro Parks in this area, so the diversity of terrain is pretty good.

Back