What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

American Jack and a remington Dogleg Stockman

HT81gWI.jpg

No Changes this week.
August 2020, Web Special Brass, Ebony, & S30V clip point Buck 110, paired with a Rough Ryder Classic Carbon large stockman (a RR1740 if anyone cares), a (BTI) Old Timer 23OT four blade Scout/Camp/Utility knife (on the "normal" (for me) 32 inch chain lanyard), and a real, genuine circa 2000 SAK "Signature" with translucent red covers. (sadly the Signature's toothpick is AWOL.)

View attachment 1443810

A peaceful Sunday to all!
Spent 3 hours raking and hauling leaves this afternoon. Today's knives didn't help me at all, except for allowing me an excuse to take a picture break.:)
TEZClQh.jpg
That Laguiole is gorgeous, Gary. Walnut, guilloché range?

THe weather wasn't great here yesterday JJ, but I had a pretty good day nonetheless :) Some pics in the Guardians thread :thumbsup:
Some really great shots, Jack! It looks like you were having a blast out there! I like that weather a lot as we get way too much hot sun here in CA.
Have a great Sunday folks :) Got my Hartshead Barlow and a John Primble English Jack today :) :thumbsup:

tKzWyUB.jpg

j3QXvWa.jpg
Your Primble make a beautiful partner to your HHB; that's a pocket full of awesome slicers! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Pair of prestigious pile sides, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you very much, Gary!!!
Thanks, John. :) The blade etching is a bit "over the top" IMHO, but the stag bone is nice, and the knife's shape/structure is what a stockman ought to be with the round bolsters, low-riding blades, sunk joints, and overall smooth profile.
stock-pile-closed-jpg.1443434
Those covers do look outstanding and the sunken joints are definitely a bonus!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RLB0414 RLB0414 it is the Case Backpocket, don't know the model no.
It is the Carhart version which originally had textured g10 covers. I didnt care for those so I changed them to rosewood.
Thanks. Thought it might be the slimline trapper. I have not encountered the back pocket.

A peaceful Sunday to all!
Spent 3 hours raking and hauling leaves this afternoon. Today's knives didn't help me at all, except for allowing me an excuse to take a picture break.:)
TEZClQh.jpg
Great looking knives and photo Gary . I picked my leaves up yesterday and today I am just sitting around inside with these 2 in my pockets .

Harry

Great looking knives and photo Gary . I picked my leaves up yesterday and today I am just sitting around inside with these 2 in my pockets .

Harry
Thanks, Harry. I'm afraid it's only round one with our leaves!
Your Arno Bernard knives are wonderful. I gifted my oldest son one a few years back. Very fine knives indeed.

Thanks, Harry. I'm afraid it's only round one with our leaves!
Your Arno Bernard knives are wonderful. I gifted my oldest son one a few years back. Very fine knives indeed.
Thank you for the kind words on the Arno Bernards . I figure that I am 2/3 done with our leaves this year . We have a 1 acre lot with a fair number of Hickory and Oak on it . I do virtually ZERO raking now though . Blow them and pick up with John Deere X-500 and collector system . I enjoy seeing pictures of your wild turkeys . We have 5 to 7 that come around most days here . Be well my friend .

Harry

Back