What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Having ended the experiment and going back to my sinfull ways as an incurable knife knut, I have my daily rotation with me. In addition to my ever present Wenger SI in its belt pouch with the LED light, I have my old yellow peanut back in my right pocket. My classic is back on my keyring, and I feel like all is back as it should be. And in memory of my dear old Uncle Paul, I even tucked a very old Christy knife in my tobacco pouch, just in case.

What are you guys carrying today?
Today I am carrying a Rough Ryder RR2101 VG10 Trapper. Interesting budget option. I decided to do a budget carry today. Really looking forward to the Rough Ryder Reserve knives. I recently purchased my first GEC and wow, I am impressed. I now own two the #23 Pioneer Trapper in Woodland Micarta and the #97 Beaver Tail. This is my first post in Blade forums.
Rusty

These are with me everyday when I leave the house.

col6.jpg

The Catcherman lives in a pouch velcro'ed in the right hand holster pocker on mt 5/11 vest. The Cold Steel Mini-Pal serves as a zipper pull, the CRKT K.I.S.S. serves as a money clip, and the Leatherman Squirt is always in my watch pocket. These are not used when I reach for a knife but rather serve as safety and rescue tools.

Today I am wearing carpenter jeans. a bit roomier than my regular jeans so I picked out a larger knife to drop in my front pocket to handle the mundane cutting chores today. And of course a color coordinated lighter, a nice vintage Scripto...:D

scriptoroughrider.jpg
Feels like a change up day so red it is.

G357jHv.jpg
Rough Ryder Reserves has a one-armed razor blade releasing this week.
Rusty

Today I am carrying a Rough Ryder RR2101 VG10 Trapper. Interesting budget option. I decided to do a budget carry today. Really looking forward to the Rough Ryder Reserve knives. I recently purchased my first GEC and wow, I am impressed. I now own two the #23 Pioneer Trapper in Woodland Micarta and the #97 Beaver Tail. This is my first post in Blade forums.
Rusty
Welcome View attachment 1445252

Another outstanding thressome Joshua :thumbsup:

Yes, that would cover a lot of bases ;) The #66 is of my favourite GEC frames for sure John :) Thanks, it's been helping me out in the garden this morning :thumbsup:

ZCNifa0.jpg

Thanks, Jack! The grain on your rosewood big'un is impeccable.

Thanks Ron, you have something quite unique there my friend :) :thumbsup:

I hope you feel warmer watching that Ron! :D I always enjoy seeing that pairing :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I actually got the chills watching the movie! :rolleyes: I don’t know if it was because of the content or the Norwegian locations! ;) The knife is unique, but I wanted to make sure you understand, it’s not mine. Check this out! :D

No wood handles this Wednesday for me.
E.G. Talley City Knife, mammoth ivory and ATS-34 blade, with pile side shot of my Brent Cramer LC Junior, Amber Stag and CPM-154.
Happy Hump day!
LW3tfPH.jpg
Gary with those two beauties you certainly deserve a pass, even if it is Wooden Wednesday! :D :thumbsup:

Rusty

It seems you've brought some nice knives with you into BF.

Finally have my new rotation schedule together, and using it to assign my knives for this week (and the next 59 weeks as well).
Alox of the Week is my favorite, an old cross Pioneer (a lot of favorites seem to show up in Week 1 :rolleyes:):
red.OC.pioneer.Vopen.shoe.reedslake.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is Vic Pocket Pal C (one of 3 I currently own):
pocketpal3.mark.2open.onback.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus electrician's knife:
spear.TL29.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a South African Okapi Baby Sable:
sable.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

Back