What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

If trick-or-treaters come to your door, you should give them Spam instead of candy--it's better for them.

I'd do just that Vince if it wouldn't be so messy.:eek: I haven't seen them for some time around here but SPAM (Hormel) used to sell individually wrapped single pieces of Spam. They were perfect for taking on the road on trips for a snack.

I'd do just that Vince if it wouldn't be so messy.:eek: I haven't seen them for some time around here but SPAM (Hormel) used to sell individually wrapped single pieces of Spam. They were perfect for taking on the road on trips for a snack.
They still sell them. I have to buy them. No one else in my family likes Spam (except one son who is away in college), and I can't eat a whole can by myself. I end up throwing some away.
But candy is better!

Is that beauty starting to Mellow a little , or is it just my imagination Joey ???? A Beautiful knife for sure my friend .

Harry

Harry, it might be darkening a touch from skin oil. It hasn’t sat around much lol! Thank you very much! I’m already thinking about what to ask Andy to build next. But I’ve got a couple others I’m waiting on first ...

6773A746-93E4-4565-9DB8-154233EACBE5.jpeg

Dean, do you mind if I adapt that "feature, not flaw" claim to occasional domestic discussions where applicable? :rolleyes:

Elegant in its simplicity, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
When I was a lad, my dad almost always carried a 2-blade jack very similar to that pattern, although I'm sure his was never a Case. IIRC, our knives were typically purchased at the hardware store in the nearest little town or at the Grange Store in the bigger "county seat" a few miles farther away, and I think both featured knives from Imperial and/or Colonial.

- GT

Features are always better than flaws, Gary, especially in domestic discussions. :D Thank you for your information on your family jackknives. Sounds like you had a quiet upbringing (meaning not big city).

I appreciate your comments, Dean. :) I haven't used the Okapi much this week, but have used it often in the past; it's a very serviceable knife. One thing I really like is that its external backspring helped me understand better how normal spring knives work.

Thanks, John & Dean. :) Most of the Alox wear had already occurred when I bought the knife, so I can't take credit for it.
And I'm a big fan of Case's chestnut jigged bone CV series; I think I currently have 8 patterns in the series (3 were gifts from generous Forumites). Someday I'd like to find a Case canoe of that type, even though it predates the series from which the others I have come.

- GT

Thank you for your insight on the Okapi. I like the Chestnut CV series, too.:thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Dean !!! The perfect carry for today in that fine Buck :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: ;)

Thank you, Gev!

NICE Alan:thumbsup:

Happy Halloween as well;):)
3iSGRz.jpg

What else would I be totin today other than this spiffy, fancy dancy, curl your toes, and spank your backside Halloween Special gifted to me by Steve @Wharn just for this occasion - Halloween :)

mTAznDU.jpg

V6AFDGu.jpg

Nothing like SPOOKY knives for Halloween, guys!! :D:eek::eek::eek:

Don’t eat too much candy y’all! ;) Be safe out there wherever you’re at! :) :thumbsup:

50524139852_953203b89d_o_d.jpg

Splendid stag Ron :) :thumbsup:

That's very cool, Jack! Nice knives as well!

Thanks Isk :) :thumbsup:

I’m taking my AC camping later today.
View attachment 1446813

Hope you have a great time Joshua :) :thumbsup:

I'd pick Resident Evil and Black Sheep from that group.
I've had a huge crush on Milla Jovovich for years and years. :):thumbsup:

Probably my picks too John (having seen The Raven and Theatre of Blood quite recently) :cool: But my girlfriend was picking :rolleyes: She is suspicious about me watching Mila Jovovich in anything o_O Mischief Night and Carrie so far :thumbsup:

Happy Halloween Everybody. :)

Have a great time John :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Nice pair of knives! I remember seeing The Pit and the Pendulum starring Vincent Price at the picture show in the early sixties. Cool movie.

When I was a kid, it was shown on late-night TV about once every few months. Sometimes I'd see the start before I was sent to bed. I didn't see it all the way through until I was in my mid 50's! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Love the roasted chestnuts cart, Jack. :) I lived in South Korea when I was young and there were roasted chestnut sellers everywhere. Last time I went there, I only found one. Times change.:( Spooky knife photos today. :eek::eek::eek::)

Thanks Dean :) Times don't always change for the better unfortunately :( :thumbsup:

I'm grateful for your encouragement, Jack. :) I have a couple of RR cotton samplers, a small one with excellent stag bone covers (I think mine is very similar to one @Will Power has) and that 4" model with simulated ram's horn.
Your pair is certainly worthy of consecutive days of carry!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

After the snow, we had a hard freeze. Sun is out now though, so I hope the parsley will bounce back...
oLwMnz8.jpg

Nice pic DEan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, they are quite a stout pair!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hard to beat a couple splendid slicers and several spooky classics!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Indeed they are :) Thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

Im not really a single blade person but I may have to change my mind. He’s making some great looking knives!

Really nice Boys Knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Gorgeous shots of a truly timeless, phenomenal example of a pocket knife. I'm stunned by the beauty, honestly. Congrats on owning that one!

Thanks, guys! Eric is making some really nice knives. I can’t wait to see what else he comes out with. :thumbsup:

My yeller ones just felt right today.View attachment 1443484Two angles of the same tree, this sugar maple is one that I grew from seed that I got from a neighbor’s tree at our other house. At four feet up, it’s about 14” in diameter now. View attachment 1443487
View attachment 1443485View attachment 1443486

We have a big maple tree in our front yard. When we bought the house (early summer), the leaves were big and dark green with a hint of red. I thought for sure it was going to look fantastic in the fall. Turns out it doesn’t change colors at all. The leaves just shrivel up and fall off green (usually a couple weeks after the leaves on all the other trees around here have already turned and fallen). I don't know what species of maple it is, but if I were guessing its scientific name, I’d guess acer disappointus.

Wishing everyone a good week :) I'm joining @Jtb005 in carrying an Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot, and pairing it with my #44 Gunstock, which always reminds me of Duncan @Campbellclanman, who gave it to me when he last visited :) Cheers mate ;) :thumbsup:

lkJ5i7T.jpg

Tzlwac7.jpg

Man, that pint looks inviting, Jack! It’s been too long since I’ve had beer someplace other than at home. :confused:

Good looking pair! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1444744 View attachment 1444743 View attachment 1444742

The King of the Beer Scouts and the King of the Sodas! Seriously, I didn’t need to use the charred oak Beer Scout to open my soda, but I did use it it cut my cigar. I needed a break after working so hard trying to get an Ironwood Mustang 74.

The GEC game is getting harder and harder. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. GEC knife collecting is war, right @Onearmbladenut ! Well, maybe not war, but it has certainly helped me improve my computer and internet skills for someone my age.

Those charred oak Beer Scouts were a great surprise!

I’ve been trying to cut back on cokes lately by keeping them out of the house; a Dr. Pepper sounds fantastic right about now! :D

I used it to cut my steak last night... might as well stick with it for today too.
Perfect for Wooden Wednesday and the main reason I didn't feel the need to chase down one of the new #74's.

That’s just a beautiful knife, John! It’s subtle, not too flashy, and just all around fantastic! What year did they make that one?

Great photos! :thumbsup:

Nice looking knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
Some day I may spring for a Davison, but not any day soon. ;)

I was thinking almost the exact same thing, John! :D

My youngest son turns 7 today.
View attachment 1446292

Happy belated birthday to your son! :thumbsup:

Is that a "candy line-up"?

[Seinfeld reference.]

:D :D

“It’s a Twix! They’re all Twix! It was a setup!”

uGEJNvY.jpg

When my quotes disappear, I almost always know why (even if I often couldn't have done anything about it).
I wonder if Rust Belt beer or Bible Belt beer would be marketable brands? ;)
I heard on a TV weather spot this week that our local "average date" of first measurable snow is November 9. I tend to evaluate winters using this metric: if I don't have to shovel snow before Thanksgiving, that's a good winter. I'm guessing winters split fairly evenly between good and bad on that criterion. But my wife and daughter have spent many mid-December days agonizing over whether or not we'll have a White Christmas. I don't have a good feel for what percentage of our December 25s have snow on the ground; I'm sure it's over 50%, but I'd guess it's less than 80%.
I have several Jokers, wood/stag/horn, and I like them all! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Those monster boots are awesome! :p

I think it’s snowed at least once in October every year since we moved to Minnesota, but it’s usually not as significant as what we got last week. It’s been above freezing for several days now, and some of snow I shoveled off to the side of the driveway is still hanging around. :D

I know you’ll think I’m crazy, but I really don’t mind the shoveling. Maybe give it a few years. ;) Eleanor asked for a snow shovel for Christmas last year and likes to come out and “help,” too, so that’s fun.

I don’t think either of those beer brands sound particularly appealing, but then again, neither does the name Grain Belt.

I actually think Prairie Artisan Ales in Oklahoma made a beer called Bible Belt at one point, but I haven’t had it. (I have had some of their other stuff, and it’s quite good.)

I finished a couple final details for the girls’ costumes this morning, and I’m carrying their knives today.

Here’s Eleanor’s Nifebrite #71 Bull Nose with the most labor intensive part of her costume:

yTC5K4p.jpg

tgDAt3S.jpg

And Scout’s Scout with a few items that go with her costume:

ShaPbxQ.jpg

I finished a couple final details for the girls’ costumes this morning, and I’m carrying their knives today.

Here’s Eleanor’s Nifebrite #71 Bull Nose with the most labor intensive part of her costume:

yTC5K4p.jpg

tgDAt3S.jpg

And Scout’s Scout with a few items that go with her costume:

ShaPbxQ.jpg
Awesome costumes and knives!

Back