What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Be safe out there, folks!
My Nessmi and a Lanny's Clip (T Bose pattern) made by Brent Cramer today.
7ldZhvW.jpg
Just opened this thread and your photo of some great knives Just Popped Out !!!! Wow !!!!

Harry

I do not normally carry Wood on Wednesdays like a lot of you , but today I did carry 2 Desert Ironwoods . While I had them out , I decided to add the Mesquite to the Waxing . The before and after pictures Do Not show much difference . Raining out all day today so photos were taken inside on the kitchen counter while my Bride of 60 + years is getting ready for tomorrows dinner that in a normal year would be feeding 20 + people and this year it will only be 4 people . We hope everyone has a Safe and Great Thanksgiving tomorrow .
Before waxing

After waxing

The Pie Crust edge is just part of what I know is a Fabulous Pecan Pie .

Harry

Ha!
Did you carve that Opinel? Nice job.

Happy Friday-on-a-Wednesday, everyone!
hzTsmGc.jpg
Thanks! Yes I carved it with a double spiral and scorched one of them with a mico torch. Now its "rare" and "one of a kind" probably can add "vintage" so I probably could sell it on etsy for $900 :D But I wont sell, as it was a gift.;)
That teardrop wharncliffe is subline:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes I carved it with a double spiral and scorched one of them with a mico torch. Now its "rare" and "one of a kind" probably can add "vintage" so I probably could sell it on etsy for $900 :D But I wont sell, as it was a gift.;)
That teardrop wharncliffe is subline:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks!
I'm tempted to try something like that.

Changed a half day early.
August, 2020 Buck Web Special Brass, S30V, and Ebony 110 on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 and black canvas Micarta series Sowbelly Stockman in my pocket.
My faux/replica Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK is close to hand in my pencil/pen cup, in the event I need the saw for the turkey fowl, or yams, or mashed taters, or gravy, tomorrow, and/or if I need a spar point to cut the green bans (or Asparagus, whichever they decide upon, into bite size.) The Schrade 1095 and "Schrade +" blades I've been carrying, might not be capable of cutting the big turkey day meal.

I have less than zero doubt everything but the pre-made pies for desert will be overcooked, and will be about as easy to cut as a forged block or sheet of 6.3 titanium. :) "Ability to cook" does not seem to be on the list of skill sets for the staffettes that work shifts that meals are prepared. (many well in advance of being served.)

View attachment 1462298
View attachment 1462299

Changed a half day early.
August, 2020 Buck Web Special Brass, S30V, and Ebony 110 on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 and black canvas Micarta series Sowbelly Stockman in my pocket.
My faux/replica Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK is close to hand in my pencil/pen cup, in the event I need the saw for the turkey fowl, or yams, or mashed taters, or gravy, tomorrow, and/or if I need a spar point to cut the green bans (or Asparagus, whichever they decide upon, into bite size.) The Schrade 1095 and "Schrade +" blades I've been carrying, might not be capable of cutting the big turkey day meal.

I have less than zero doubt everything but the pre-made pies for desert will be overcooked, and will be about as easy to cut as a forged block or sheet of 6.3 titanium. :) "Ability to cook" does not seem to be on the list of skill sets for the staffettes that work shifts that meals are prepared. (many well in advance of being served.)

View attachment 1462298
View attachment 1462299
Good Luck trying to eat your meal tomorrow my friend . I will be thinking about you tomorrow as I tie into the great meal that my Bride of 60 years will fix .

Harry

I dropped the Tribal Lock in my pocket for tomorrow. The kids & grandkids are scattered over four states & all have decided not to travel, so it'll be just my wife & I for a quiet Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be the first holiday in years that I won't have to remove my hearing aids.:) With four different families in this old house it can get pretty loud.
IMG_0709-X4.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Jack! Nice Rosewood Lambsfoot and big Ebony Jack from Charlie my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I’m carrying wood and stag today. I’ve got my Wright’s large Pere David stag Lambsfoot and a new Opinel No.8 limited edition with red laminated Birch. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50644937607_76a7bc7122_o_d.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, that's an interesting Opi :cool: Love the patina on your Lambsfoot buddy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

International Knife of the Week is a Carlos Quintana Taramundi I bought in Sevilla, Spain:
View attachment 1461901

Smashing Taramundi Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

Looking good Gev :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!!

Spectacular pair of wood covered slicers, Jack; the Rosewood covers on your Lambsfoot look exceptionally lovely!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of Schatt & Morgan slicers today, one covered in wood. :)

Thank you kindly JJ, two superb-looking S & Ms there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. You're carrying a pair of proper wooden wonders today. :thumbsup:

For Wooden Wednesday, I'm carrying my Case Curly Maple Teardrop.

View attachment 1462064

Thanks Dean, I always admire the look of that Curly Maple, very cool :cool: :thumbsup:

This might look familiar, but I just took the picture. Happy Thanksgiving Guardians!
qikq6Vf.jpg

It's a winning formula Dave :) ;) :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends in the USA :) I know things are going to be different this year, but I hope you still have a lovely day :thumbsup:

bzrj0VH.jpg

1aWsJW7.jpg

Back