What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Neat old smith.
Thanks! Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard... I need a fedora, got the dame.
Sorry for the multiple posts, I tried to include these with the knife pics, but I kept get the too large message.

This beauty is Dakota, a four year old Tennessee Mountain Cur. I’m smitten, and trying to figure out how to sneak her out with us in the morning.View attachment 1463671View attachment 1463672

Thanks! Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard... I need a fedora, got the dame.
Sorry for the multiple posts, I tried to include these with the knife pics, but I kept get the too large message.

This beauty is Dakota, a four year old Tennessee Mountain Cur. I’m smitten, and trying to figure out how to sneak her out with us in the morning.View attachment 1463671View attachment 1463672
What a beautiful puppy that stole my heart !!:)

Delightful Dutch Army Knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I'd like to find one of those someday, considering my Dutch heritage. ;)

You and your Uncle have whipped up a hearty breakfast that I'd eat ANY time of day! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool acrylic, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Magnificent Seven, LT!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John. :) It has quite nice wood covers, but I got lucky with the lighting by a summer almost-sunset that really makes it look good! :rolleyes:

Gorgeous peanut that you often post :thumbsup::cool::cool:, and quite a memorable week of deer camp you had! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Congrats on the new son in the making!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a Barlow like that; now I need to get an edge like yours has!! Striking! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Killer Kutmaster scout, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid Sunday carry, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peanut-like Knife of the Week for me has been this Case mini copperhead:
View attachment 1463656

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week has been this Rough Rider medium stockman:
View attachment 1463657

Lambsfoot of the Week is this A. Wright & Son stag senator that I won in a GAW from a BF member in Manchester, England. I call the knife Man Jack (thanks, Richard):
View attachment 1463665

- GT
Thanks, it’s a very good knife but benefits from a more acute edge. That’s about 3 hours of work on a diamond stone, tedious but paid off!

Splendid Sunday carry, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1463656

View attachment 1463657

Lambsfoot of the Week is this A. Wright & Son stag senator that I won in a GAW from a BF member in Manchester, England. I call the knife Man Jack (thanks, Richard):
View attachment 1463665

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Terrific Trilogy of knives you have there. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Killer Kutmaster scout, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you kindly, Gary!!!
minicop-mark-wharncliffe-jpg.1463656

stagmed-pile-3open-2-jpg.1463657

mj-mark-vback-post-jpg.1463665
Terrific threesome today; your lamb is definitely a beautiful brute!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1463637
Road trip companions.

Oh. And our masks.:rolleyes:
Love that old Bodyguard Jeff! :cool: Travel safe my friend! :)

Great carry choices today Gary! :) :thumbsup:

Gorgeous peanut that you often post :thumbsup::cool::cool:, and quite a memorable week of deer camp you had! :eek::thumbsup::cool: Congrats on the new son in the making!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks. I get a lot of use out of that peanut. My wife and I would have been happy with either a boy or another girl, but it will be nice to have one of each.
Great knife choices as usual.

I’m relaxing with these two today. Y’all stay safe out there my friends! :) :thumbsup:

50247687296_02ae39a93e_o_d.jpg
When you "roll them bones", Ron, you sure come up with a lot of winners! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, made it safely home~ about 1700 miles in two days.
These two faithful buds never complained.View attachment 1460496
Your safe travels and pair of knives are both things to be thankful for, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

RIP Tony Bose :( I don't have one of his knives, but I'm going to slip one of the Case-Bose models in my pocket today :thumbsup:
Some exemplary ebony, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I admire your, and so many other Porch denizens', Tony Bose tributes in your carries this week. :cool::cool:

Case Medium stockman in Walnut bone, model 63090.

View attachment 1460626
That one always grabs my attention, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The bone, the bolsters, the pattern all tickle my fancy! ;)

Fleece-lined vest day.
riUfY3l.jpg

Case, AG Russell, Wright's, Camillus, Viper, Tidioute.
Wow! :eek: That vest must have many and/or capacious pockets!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thought I'd start the week with another handy scout and FB combo. :)
Grand green Farmer, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice to see all the Tony Bose tributes yesterday, we've lost a great man :( Carrying this Kent Fish Knife today (thanks @r8shell), and my trusty Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Ja5rPk5.jpg

Paradigmatic piscatorial pocket knife, Jack! :cool:;):cool:

Today with this beautiful Portuguese knife in stag, made by Veríssimo-Miranda do Douro.:thumbsup:;)
Wonderful knife, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I think these two should cover any cutting duties I may run across today...
Definitely a versatile pair, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
What's the secondary blade on your Vic Alox knife?

- GT

Delightful Dutch Army Knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I'd like to find one of those someday, considering my Dutch heritage. ;)

Thank you very much, Gary. You will find for sure, there are still many for sale you have to do some research.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another magnificent choice for the week!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thank you, Jack. Have a great hike tomorrow!

Thanks buddy, it rained all day uunfortunately, but still got a few miles in :) :thumbsup:

upGpTLZ.jpg

The blades still look great for an "old fella" and the horn covers are awesome!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!!!

A perfect pair for a Saturday hike; have fun out there and stay safe!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, much appreciated my friend :) :thumbsup:

It’s my Birthday and I’ll post more pics if I want to :p:D says Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan.

A belated Many Happy Returns! :) Hope you had a great day :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my BladeForums Buck 301 for Stagurday.

That's a great pic Dean (though I'm afraid I accidentally deleted it from my post :( ) :cool: :thumbsup:

Today I'm toting a Eureka jack and a Victorinox Scout. :)

Practical, as well as beautiful JJ :) :thumbsup:

I’m carrying two of my favorites today! Stag and Ebony! ;) Y’all stay safe out there! :D :thumbsup:

50240441382_1e3ed79794_o_d.jpg

I love that pairing Ron :cool: :) :thumbsup:

A celebration for the new arrivals with a cold beverage :D
BNcjtAQ.jpg

That's an interesting-looking little knife, one of the blades looks like a Lambsfoot! :eek: :cool: Can you tell me the name of the pattern please? :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I was discussing the Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot in the Guardians thread so I decided to pair it up with my #26 for the rest of the evening! Getting ready to eat some leftovers from Thursday. Y’all have a great evening! :) :thumbsup:

32457388848_0fac790a8b_c_d.jpg

Your #26 looks good with your AC too Ron ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1463656

View attachment 1463657

View attachment 1463665

- GT

Nice-looking trip Gary :) :thumbsup:

Some exemplary ebony, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I admire your, and so many other Porch denizens', Tony Bose tributes in your carries this week. :cool::cool:

Paradigmatic piscatorial pocket knife, Jack! :cool:;):cool:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing :) :thumbsup:

The weather report from Yorkshire ;) :D :thumbsup:

aEIeHES.jpg

Back