1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    GEC 71 Bullnose in denim micarta

[​IMG]

Spaten, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 27 others like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    You're a class act Ron :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, I love the look of that pair, both handsome and useful :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my Stan Shaw Lambsfoot today, along with a Random Tuesday Lino Knife :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spaten, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 23 others like this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, Jeff. Yes, I really like these three, the bottom one, I don't know what it was like because I already bought it as is.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with this Portuguese rarity of J.M.P.-Especiosa in Ram´s horn.:thumbsup:;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ed_is_dead

ed_is_dead Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2010
    The maker is J Lewis and Sons.
    Factinating to read of yours and CampbellClanMans meeting with Stan as is the videos of him making the penknife.
    I have not seen many stag handled sheffield folders with spear points and yes it is an elegant shape. Just noticed a small chip to the blade, rap from the spring:( Reading up on how to correct it.

guy g and Jack Black like this.
  6. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    Nice picture :)

Prester John and Trvr like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! I appreciate that my friend! :) Two great choices today! The Lambsfoot from Stan is a beauty. I've never seen a hawk bill quite like that one. It's a beautiful old knife with the etch still intact. The bone is outstanding and the shield is very interesting also. :cool: Did this maker use a shield like that on all their offerings! Again just a great old knife. :) :thumbsup:

guy g and Jack Black like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm wearing long pants in the house this morning. ;) The temp is in the lower 30's and I had to warm up my sweeties car for her, so I decided against the usual shorts. :eek: I've got three out this morning since I've got plenty of pockets! :rolleyes: I've got my Beaver Tail #23, (Thank you Barrett and Eleanor @btb01). I've also got my Wright's PD stag big'un. Then as I almost forgot, I picked a Queen City Rosewood Copperhead out of the tool box for my Tuesday Random Carry. The Queen City has a soft spot in my heart because I bought it from our late friend and fellow forumite Bob aka @BigBiscuit. Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spaten, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 27 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the info :) I'm glad you found the video interesting. It's is Stan's 94th birthday tomorrow :) You'll see more Spear points than Clips. Sorry to hear about the chipped blade, I hope you can sort it out :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Ron :) I've seen 3 of those Lancaster Lino Knives, all the same pattern, so perhaps they ordered a big consignment from whichever Sheffield cutler made them. The shield is very unusual, and while I can't say for certain, I'd be surprised if the maker used a shoield like that on all their other knives. Most of the Lino Knives have been fixed blades. I have several, but don't seem to be able to find a pic :thumbsup:

Spaten, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 20 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    It's good to see your Abbey Jack my friend! Thanks for the additional info on the Lino knife. :thumbsup: Over here we would probably just call that a Hawk Bill. ;) They do sell a lot of fixed blade knives in the paint and hardware stores. Both in big chain and Mom and Pop stores. Some of those are labeled as Lino knives. :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL and Jack Black like this.
  11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The Bladeforums 2020 Viper is everything I hoped for and more. It’s a drop smaller than ether the GEC or the RR, it’s a bit stouter than the GEC and way ahead of the RR in luxurious quality (if that makes any sense). The rounded back spring is a different touch. I like it. The closing snap is more muted. I chalk that up to the stop pin? 61B84FD5-6484-42FC-991B-BB85829E23A4.jpeg 06C974B6-E4A1-4BF8-824F-B22C8A4C1162.jpeg 1B10C9DD-537C-4F1C-8BD8-43D57BC02D19.jpeg

12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    And I thought your Yorkshire Rose was nice, that one's fantastic! :cool::thumbsup:

Really nice, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

Reaper AL and Jack Black like this.
  13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It's Tuesday, so why not a Trapper to go along with my Lamb. :cool::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

14. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    Thanks.
    Same pair as yesterday.
    [​IMG]

15. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    This yellow Boker just showed up yesterday, so it will join the ebony 15 today. BDCB6E16-F679-4A01-8992-64F532748559.jpeg

16. ed_is_dead

ed_is_dead Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2010
    The man is a living piece of history, which is said as intended. I just hope there are some who have learnt what he had to teach.
    Best bit of the vid was the work to correct a binding blade and offsetting the blade to clear the other. That is not simple but he made it look so!
    I prefer clip point to spear, the belly has a more everyday appeal but I tend to see straight cutting edges more with stag handles, well at least for sale. Love your example, the stag looks mega.
    I was going to use my welder to add a mm or two to the kick but decided against, will try to hone the edge and see if clears.

Jack Black likes this.
  17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Seems like a while since I carried a stockman.
    [​IMG]
    This will not stand!
    [​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    John, I'm happy when I see a knife like that appear! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dean, that knife is worthy of a toast with beer! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

ED, your svelte Buck fills me with cheer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paul, congrats on a couple of new knives you must hold dear! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Jeff, be careful with the knife (and handgun) so you don't lose an ear! :eek:;)
    (And I'm glad to see someone else who still uses a road atlas instead of some GPS machine. My wife and daughter always stick a GPS to the windshield and it drives me nuts not to have a "big picture" of the area through which I'm traveling. :(:rolleyes:).

Definitely time well-spent, have no fear! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Dean, thanks for the compliment on my gear. :)

JJ & Ron & @Trvr & José & Jack, thanks for telling a guy what he likes to hear! :)
    (Of course, is someone tells me different, I just jeer. :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the encouragement, José. :) I'll try to find one of those "KL" SAKs (I assume that's NOT King Lear. :p)

It must be tough for young kids to understand all the implications of the pandemic! :(
    Barrett, that French gift knife is one I'd be sure to keep near! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Gloopy casseroles, fresh fruit & cheese, tortilla chips, and desserts are basically what I live on! Food without peer! :D
    Anyone who criticizes your little sleeveboard pen knife deserves a kick in the rear! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the info, John; that tool seems a grand complement to the spear! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Vince, your writing that caused my eye to well up with a tear. ;)

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup::) Sounds like a knife of the year! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Le Thiers Nature, Fontenille-Pataud.

20. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Victorinox Spartan 2012.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Spaten, Marlingspike12, 315 and 20 others like this.