What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

We were fortunate to have Sue acting as group photographer :) Sometime later, I received this A2 sized photo in the mail, got it framed on my wall :thumbsup:

OFMyzEo.jpg

Wonderful photo of you and Stan, Jack! :thumbsup:

I'm wearing long pants in the house this morning. ;) The temp is in the lower 30's and I had to warm up my sweeties car for her, so I decided against the usual shorts. :eek: I've got three out this morning since I've got plenty of pockets! :rolleyes: I've got my Beaver Tail #23, (Thank you Barrett and Eleanor btb01 btb01 ). I've also got my Wright's PD stag big'un. Then as I almost forgot, I picked a Queen City Rosewood Copperhead out of the tool box for my Tuesday Random Carry. The Queen City has a soft spot in my heart because I bought it from our late friend and fellow forumite Bob aka @BigBiscuit. Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50667223913_16e9694fb3_o.jpg

50668043812_e7d874b765_o.jpg

That's a fine trio, Ron. :thumbsup: I used to have one of those Queen City Copperheads, but ended up selling it on the exchange. I really can't remember why I sold it, 'cause it sure is a good looking knife!

It must be tough for young kids to understand all the implications of the pandemic! :(
Barrett, that French gift knife is one I'd be sure to keep near! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

GT, Eleanor has handled everything this year surprisingly well (certainly better than some adults :rolleyes:), but it is hard to see her missing out on things that she loves to do.

Today I'm carrying the #71 Bull Nose in Muslin Micarta again, along with my BF 2020 Viper.

doxbtHT.jpg

Many thanks JJ, I love the look of that pair, both handsome and useful :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Carrying my Stan Shaw Lambsfoot today, along with a Random Tuesday Lino Knife :thumbsup:

FG9Fuo6.jpg

hro8IOT.jpg
A couple of marvelous cutters you have today; the Stan Shaw certainly catches my eye, but the old Lino knife has that classic old school beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

A couple of marvelous cutters you have today; the Stan Shaw certainly catches my eye, but the old Lino knife has that classic old school beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Love the Tip Top !!! Great covers
Thanks my friend! And it has just enough blade wear to prove it’s been well loved!

That's a nice one Gev :cool: :) :thumbsup:

He sure is Jeff :) Yes, indeed, and also at cobblers and leather workers. Here's one which was intended for cutting mining belts :thumbsup:

NKjoENt.jpg

I think it's the biggest I have Ron. I should add that I don't usually collect these knives, but I come across quite a lot of them, and buy the odd one :thumbsup: Do they really Ron, with a Hawkbill blade? I was actually referring to the Box-cutter blades, which were available in a Hawkbill shape :thumbsup:

Here's a Linesman's Knife Joseph Rodgers made for the General Post Office (and later British Telecom) here Harry :thumbsup:

9YOKeUr.jpg

I'm with you on the maps, GPS, and Google Earth Jeff :) Great-looking pair :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack!

That's a fine trio, Ron. :thumbsup: I used to have one of those Queen City Copperheads, but ended up selling it on the exchange. I really can't remember why I sold it, 'cause it sure is a good looking knife!

GT, Eleanor has handled everything this year surprisingly well (certainly better than some adults :rolleyes:), but it is hard to see her missing out on things that she loves to do.

Today I'm carrying the #71 Bull Nose in Muslin Micarta again, along with my BF 2020 Viper.

doxbtHT.jpg
How good do I have to be to get Prifessional grade charcoal?!?
Love the muslin micarta...

I've been marveling at all the wonderful old bone Barlow knives.
I think I better get out the wallet and start looking for one for myself.

I like to snag those state maps you can get in the interstate rest areas, too.
I think gps nav is handy for the first time trying to find an address in a strange town ~ after that they quite literally block my brain from navigating and actually learning a new area.

You know what’s fun? Make note of interesting terrain/geography, and later use google earth to see what it looks like in detail.

Holy Garbanzo Bean! Nice Cut co.

Today, I have my Eye Witness and Camillus barlow...View attachment 1465183

Nice !

Thank you, Jack. :)
A Drop Point or Clip Point is possibly best paired with a Lamb.

A wonderful Barlow. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John!
I've been marveling at all the wonderful old bone Barlow knives.
I think I better get out the wallet and start looking for one for myself.
I got the Tip Top at a flea market, pre-covid days. $35 was as low as I could haggle the guy, but that was less than admittance and lunch for my daughter and I.:rolleyes:
Fortunately, I scored on some old hand tools to spread the total expense around.:D
Thanks, Steve, and it’s nice to see those PAL Blade Co. knives again!:thumbsup:

I know for a fact that that is true Jeff !!!! My Dad was an Electric Lineman all his life , and he had a pruner hanging from his belt . I have both the Pruner and the belt and use neither of them .

Harry
Thank you Harry! :) :cool:

I like to snag those state maps you can get in the interstate rest areas, too.
I think gps nav is handy for the first time trying to find an address in a strange town ~ after that they quite literally block my brain from navigating and actually learning a new area.

You know what’s fun? Make note of interesting terrain/geography, and later use google earth to see what it looks like in detail.

Holy Garbanzo Bean! Nice Cut co.

Today, I have my Eye Witness and Camillus barlow...View attachment 1465183
That's a nice pairing there Jeff. :) :thumbsup:

That's a really nice ole Tested Jack, Travis! :) :thumbsup:

He sure is Jeff :) Yes, indeed, and also at cobblers and leather workers. Here's one which was intended for cutting mining belts :thumbsup:

NKjoENt.jpg

I think it's the biggest I have Ron. I should add that I don't usually collect these knives, but I come across quite a lot of them, and buy the odd one :thumbsup: Do they really Ron, with a Hawkbill blade? I was actually referring to the Box-cutter blades, which were available in a Hawkbill shape :thumbsup:

Here's a Linesman's Knife Joseph Rodgers made for the General Post Office (and later British Telecom) here Harry :thumbsup:

9YOKeUr.jpg

I'm with you on the maps, GPS, and Google Earth Jeff :) Great-looking pair :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! I don't know when I've every been paid so many compliments by so many nice people! Y'all are making me blush! ;)

Jack, I also have one that is originally for cutting mining belts. It's a Humphreys Radiant. I almost forgot I had it. The blade has led a rough life, but the knife is solid. :thumbsup:

49991638377_9bfe3e8ec0_o.jpg

Jack I found the Stanley knives on line at a bunch of places. They are very economically priced. :thumbsup:

33ef06c5-fbaf-4a16-a883-c3df7ba0f4e3_1.deb1ed59547a6fd9aae50402484ab55f.jpeg

doxbtHT.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Barrett! The Muslin Micarta was the only one I fooled around and didn't get from that run. It pairs nicely with your forum knife! :) :thumbsup:

Another Two TEWs Tuesday :

Lambfoot

Harry
Looking good Harry. :thumbsup: A nice TEWSday pairing there pal! :cool: :)

How good do I have to be to get Prifessional grade charcoal?!?
Love the muslin micarta...

I think the licensure requirements vary by state. ;) :D

Thanks for the compliment Barrett! The Muslin Micarta was the only one I fooled around and didn't get from that run. It pairs nicely with your forum knife! :) :thumbsup:

I already had a handful of Bull Noses from previous runs, so the Muslin Micarta was the only one I bought that time around. I think it’s one of the more interesting Micartas that GEC uses. I do enjoy the #71! :D

WlXfKMC.jpg

Back