What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Why, thank you, Jon. I am certainly enjoying them as well!

They do pair up nicely~ good variety of blades.
Yep. Gettin cold. Durnit!

A wonderful gift from Ron!@Half/Stop!
You’ll have to forgive me, but I’ll probably be totin it quite a bit.
Thanks buddy! :) :thumbsup:

Just a bit Ron! :D It's like they had completely different ideas - or maybe someone wrote down the order wrong! :D ;) Thank you very much my friend :) :thumbsup:

Cold here too Ron, took me a bit by surprise when I went out :eek: ;) Nice combination there pal :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I guess winter is finally here! :) :thumbsup:

Stockman and a Whittler

4I3udC1.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Union Jack, an A Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot my wife and daughter got for me in a hardware store in York, England:
View attachment 1465549

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a horn Joker:
View attachment 1465550

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag bone cotton sampler (only like a peanut because it's small :rolleyes:):
View attachment 1465552

- GT

Great group, Gary. The photo of the Lambsfoot is very well done, amd a great gift from your wife and daughter! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Well-played, Dean! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Congrats on the new Buck 503, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The 503 (and 501) sure look like fine lockbacks.

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week for me is a Schrade whittler (thanks, Tony):
View attachment 1465783

Big Knife of the Week, a Rough Rider Improved Muskrat, is probably longer than average, but not particularly large overall:
View attachment 1465785

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Chinese Imperial mini canoe (shown here with its big brother):
View attachment 1465788

- GT

Another great group, Gary! My favorite of these three is the whittler; it just has a classic look to it. :thumbsup:

And thank you for your comments. I thought about getting the Buck 503 for months before I finally bought it. It's a nice size and different than my regular knife carry.

It has been a long day again so I am using old Photos . I originally carried these 2 Russells . 1 Original and 1 Repro .

Then after lunch I changed them out for these 2 .
This Old Stag pruner

And this 2019 Blades Forum knife from Half/Stop Half/Stop

They make a very nice pair to carry .

Harry
Great choices there Harry! I hope you and your lovely bride are doing okay my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Mustang Alan, think you better slow your Mustang down! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Office day today as we recoup from yesterdays nine hour drive home. Carried a favorite 3318 since last Tuesday, switched to a favored 6308 for today. OH
Case-6308-Whittler-1983.jpg
World-class whittler, Bruce! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Case 6347 amber bone stockman today...a great knife, I have 4 or 5 47 patterns-all stainless, save one 1980 yellow 3347 in chrome vanadium carbon...all very tight and represent the best fit and finish and action of all my Case knives...some of the others have had lazy springs or over polished blades in my experience(about 40 or 50 different Cases' in my pile) but most very acceptable...cheers and happy monday gang!
https://i.imgur.com/WZ7AMgU.jpg
I agree - great knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The 6347 is one of my favorite larger stockman knives; I'm fond of the 3 springs, no krinking.

But I doubt I'll be needing to cut stuff or fix things in the doc offices and hospital.
I don't know... The way new COVID cases are growing exponentially and hospitals are maxing capacity, they may need all the help they can get. :(

View attachment 1464600
Being down in the rolling hardwood foothills of Appalachia, we were blessed with the opportunity to start our return trip with breakfast with Ron and Pam ~@Half/Stop. Had a great visit, our wives got to meet, and kniwing how much I like Schrades and Shrade Whittlers, Ron slipped this gorgeous 804 into my hands as we broke Covid protocol to shake hands good bye.
Totally unexpected, undeserved, and greatly appreciated!
Thank you again, Ron!View attachment 1464601

Edit: for educational purposes:D~
233, 194 with replaced blade and liner lock deleted, 294, 293, and 804.
Congrats on the whittler to join your impressive Schrade collection, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
And plaudits to Ron for his thoughtful generosity! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carried my very useful Case Mini Copperhead for Blue Monday.

View attachment 1464709
Great pic of a stunning knife, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I have MANY knives I like and like quite a lot but without question this is my favorite knife I own, a 2013 Clip/pen TC with Gabon Ebony covers. I carried this every day for over 13 months. This knife has been with me for many memorable moments in life, good and bad. Paired today with an 84mm Tinker:thumbsup:
sHQ4mQ.jpg
I enjoy reading such a clear and certain testimonial about someone's favorite knife; it's great that you're sure about which knife is number one for you, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Some great knives today everyone. Here’s my humble carry.
59J6SXL.jpg
That Dixie is a long, curvy, sexy stock knife, Dave! :eek::cool::cool:

Carrying my Stan Shaw Lambsfoot today, along with a Random Tuesday Lino Knife :thumbsup:

FG9Fuo6.jpg

hro8IOT.jpg
Phenomenal "surprise pair", Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm wearing long pants in the house this morning. ;) ... I've got three out this morning since I've got plenty of pockets! :rolleyes: ... I picked a Queen City Rosewood Copperhead out of the tool box for my Tuesday Random Carry. The Queen City has a soft spot in my heart because I bought it from our late friend and fellow forumite Bob aka @BigBiscuit. Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:
50668043812_e7d874b765_o.jpg
That Queen City copperhead is a champ, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(I haven't worn shorts since September 1! :()

Always gratifying to see your Abbeydale Jack, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Bladeforums 2020 Viper is everything I hoped for and more. It’s a drop smaller than ether the GEC or the RR, it’s a bit stouter than the GEC and way ahead of the RR in luxurious quality (if that makes any sense). The rounded back spring is a different touch. I like it. The closing snap is more muted. I chalk that up to the stop pin?View attachment 1465107View attachment 1465108View attachment 1465109
Alan, congrats to you (and to so many others on The Porch) on your superb 2020 BF Vipers; the rams horn I've seen posted is outstanding!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

It's Tuesday, so why not a Trapper to go along with my Lamb. :cool::thumbsup:
Beautiful brace of wood-clad knives, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
(I didn't see your post until Wednesday morning and thought, "What a great pair for Wooden Wednesday!" :rolleyes:)

This yellow Boker just showed up yesterday, so it will join the ebony 15 today.View attachment 1465117
Congrats on that sunny Barlow! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Seems like a while since I carried a stockman.
This will not stand!
LnxNLrb.jpg
Some knives deserve a spot in the pocket EVERY day, and IMHO, a stockman is one of them. :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(Unfortunately, I hold the same view with regard to canoes, lambsfoots, SAKs, ... :rolleyes:)

- GT

Back