What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oh, that Red Saw Cut really does it for me. :cool::thumbsup:

In my opinion (biased as it is), this Heritage Jack in the Red Sawcut is one of the finest Northwoods out there - it was worth the rise in blood pressure when acquiring it :D. GEC did a beautiful job on this bone and I hope to see it used more in the not so distant future.

btb01 btb01 It's not THAT bad Barrett ;) But when Mike Latham claimed this year's Forum Knife had scales like Raccoon turds...I believe he'd got it confused with that Turdioute look :D

Regards,

Will

GEC 2013 Jack and 84mm SAK
PUsA2h.jpg

That #15 is really nice, Paul. Is that a recover?

That’s a great pair, Ron. Hope you’re staying warm, my friend! :D

I prefer wearing shorts around the house, even in the middle of winter. If I have to do something outside, I’ll do some quick mental math taking into account the temperature outdoors and the amount of time I might be out there to determine whether or not it’s worth changing. I have definitely worn shorts while shoveling snow (calm, sunny day around 30° or so, with boots and a jacket of course… I’m not crazy ;)) and taken out the trash or grabbed the mail at -15°.

I’ve still got my 2020 BF Viper with me, and I threw in this #77 with it today. (I actually think the color and jigging on this bone are a bit ugly, but for some reason I still like the knife.) :rolleyes: :D

eiBYMD8.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Barrett! I wear shorts in the house most of the year. I’ve been guilty of going to the mailbox or rolling the trash to the curb in inclement weather. But never -15! :rolleyes: The new forum knife pairs nicely with that Tidioute #77. I agree that particular #77 may have been the ugly duckling from the run. ;) But, hey, it is still a #77! :thumbsup:

I have definitely worn shorts while shoveling snow (calm, sunny day around 30° or so, with boots and a jacket of course… I’m not crazy ;)) and taken out the trash or grabbed the mail at -15°.
Wow! Don't think I've ever experienced temperatures below zero. Had to go north (Baltimore) for a few days to feel temps in the single digits above zero. I love south Texas!

A "barn find" Barlow from Kabar and a CJ Barlow from Sheffield are my totes for today. :)

Nice find JJ, and your CJ Barlow is always a treat to see :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I carried my favorite Barlow, Ancient 2.0 TC, on my hike today.

View attachment 1466475

Hope you had a great hike Dean, ace pic of your Ancient :thumbsup:

These two for me today.

76AEBPd.jpg

Lovely Black 'n' Red pairing Dylan :cool: :thumbsup:

Wow Taylor!! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Stunning pics :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has survived another week intact :) Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with an Old Friend today, a modded Opinel gifted to me by Lemmy Caution, (who doesn't seem to be a member here anymore :( ) :thumbsup:

RnN2CRz.jpg

6Swu2Js.jpg

Wow! Don't think I've ever experienced temperatures below zero. Had to go north (Baltimore) for a few days to feel temps in the single digits above zero. I love south Texas!

Man Up :D;) I've been out walking in -42 C in Oulu a large town in northern Finland, not good I have to say even with fur helmet on etc. If you try shorts you may no longer have legs left :eek: But there ARE these maniacs who go ice dipping in a hole in a frozen lake- so glad I can't swim :D

As for the other end of the scale, + 43 C in France was just as terrible but in a different way;)

I've been thinking about scooping one of these up, not only as a first Bose/Case collab for me but also to add to my Coke Bottle collection. What are your thoughts on this one? So far, I cautiously like what I have seen but have read no user/collector reports on them.
It's a great knife. I have this one and an ebony one and both are excellent. No side to side play but there is a little lock rock like most lock backs. The blade drops when you press the lock bar and is very smooth. The guard is solid once locked open. Fit and finish are excellent on both of my examples(i have an ebony one too) . I think it's a great carry knife. The steel seems to be heat treated properly and holds a good edge. My only negative and it's purely opinion is the bone is polished. I wish they had left it more matte similar to his customs. Especially with the satin shield and bolsters. Long story short I highly recommend this knife. Either for collecting and just looking at or for edc. My thumb can catch the milled nail nick in the blade and I can open it one handed. I do carry it in a large case sheath though and it fits perfectly. I wish I had bought the Damascus one too when I got the bone and ebony versions.

Back