What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In the darkroom today.
bBYtrFg.jpg

Giving the Forum Knife 2018 a go today, very fond of this one.

PgHC4zq.jpg
Splendid photos of your BF Bucks, Dave & Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much, Gary. Yes it is a watch case opener!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Extraordinary choice, Gary, This Lambsfoot is beautiful.;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the confirmation and the Lambshark compliment, José. :)

Thank you, ash burr
Thanks for the additional information about the beautiful wood. :)

You're in Beast Mode, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dr5ov5d.jpg

A lambsfoot for Ron.
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice story Gary :thumbsup:
Thanks again GT, I've accidentally deleted half your post, but I like your Lanshark! :eek: :thumbsup:
I'm struggling today, and it's very painful to sit at my desk - hence I'm rushing a bit! :eek: Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

6o2J3DX.jpg

6C4RnZN.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
I certainly hope there's soon significant improvement in your back. :(
Couple of unusual carries! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Looks like you're cleaving to that cleaver! ;) (That sent me down a rabbit hole of a word that has 2 opposite meanings, and conflated etymologies, and chaotic tenses - cleaved, cloven, cleft, clove. :eek:)

Notable stag pair, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my blue Case Tribal Lock today.

View attachment 1477629
Certainly no need to feel blue about that one, Dean! :cool::cool:;)
That's a real beauty, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Do you have a stunning white knife to complete a "flag trio"?

1st forum knife of the week! I'm gonna carry one each day this week starting with our 2016 version. Sweet combo. The 35 frame is definitely a versatile frame for many different blade and tool combos :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1477643
Sounds like a good plan, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you for the kind compliments, Gary. I enjoyed reading your tribute/memory of Ron - it was very special.
Thanks, Dylan. :)

Today with this Portuguese Martins-Palaçoulo in stainless steel.:thumbsup:;)
I certainly enjoy seeing your Portuguese knives, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That one has red handles, it'll work for a Christmas knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Good point, John; thanks for spreading some Christmas cheer my way! :):cool::cool:

Happy Tuesday All...
Going to be doing Christmas with some family today, only day we can get together.
These two knives should cover the present opening duties along with whatever else pops up.
That's a notable matched pair, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Glad your Christmas get-together was successful! :)

Feather and Flame! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Somehow all 8 days of Hannukah slipped by without my wishing you a good one, Rachel. :( I hope you successfully cradled your dreidel and could go for the Gimel! :)

The premier announced yesterday that all of Ontario is going back to lockdown after Christmas, so I thought why not add a lockBACK today. This buck was my EDC for a while in the late 90s. My cousin broke the tip prying feet off a refrigerator. I fixed it, but that was the last time I ever lent out a knife without knowing exactly what it would be used for.
SunN1MA.jpg
Yikes! :eek:
Whenever someone asks me, "Can I borrow your crowbar?" and I reply, "I don't have one with me", I get suspicious when they follow up with, "OK; can I borrow your knife?" :rolleyes:

Appaloosa bone Canoe I got back in 1996. Back before the COVID hit. :eek:
Capital canoe! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: One spring or two?

Case and a Camillus today

FI73yBG.jpg
Not one of your "famous" golden brown bone pairs, but a fascinating couple of knives, nonetheless! :cool::cool::thumbsup: That Case EZ 49 is quite "grailish"!

I'm enjoying your recent Christmas photos! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Who makes that cool sowbelly?

Toting this American Jack which was handy today in a couple unexpected repairs. :)
Outstanding jigging on that one, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

In 2017 Half/Stop Ron and I traded & bought or sold some knives . I have been carrying these same 2 for 4 days now & will continue to do so for a while yet .

Harry
Very appropriate memorial, Harry. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it’s great seeing all of the knives associated with @Half/Stop.
He touched a lot of lives in a good way, which is a mark of a good man.
I used this electrician to cut some fuzz sticks to get my smoker going this morning, so I can smoke a hunk of chuck roast for tonight’s chili. But if I get back to working on this tele body, I’ll swap for the whittler Ron gave me. One of these cavities will have to be cut with hand chisels, and the coping blade on the whittler will clean up the cuts.View attachment 1478430View attachment 1478431
Well-said, Jeff. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very nice Buck Canoe, GT :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)

Well spotted GT! :D We had a break so I climbed the stairs to the top looking for a perch. :p

Nice to see your fleet! May your waters be smooth. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the confirmation. :)
I hope to be led beside still waters and have my soul restored! ;):thumbsup:

Quality quartet GT :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

- GT

Feather and Flame! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Somehow all 8 days of Hannukah slipped by without my wishing you a good one, Rachel. :( I hope you successfully cradled your dreidel and could go for the Gimel!
Thank you, Gary. It's hard to get a good dreidel game going over zoom, but I had a pleasant Hanukah, nonetheless.
Merry Christmas to you! :)

:D Here's a dreidel for the millennials:
kr8FZ42.jpg

Note to self...
When retired, do what Jeff did on 12.23.20.
Tinker with knives.
Make guitars.
Smoke meat.

...but don’t live where it’s cold. Stay in the south. ;)

Have fun my friend. Looks like you are!
For a young guy, you’re pretty smart.
And what you said made me realize that mundane and simple are not so mundane and simple, and that I am a very happy and blessed man.
Thank you, Jon. And wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Wonderful photo, my friend. It makes me want to sit down, order an Americano coffee, and admire that knife.
DU3eAdr.jpg

These till Monday,
Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
And good tidings to all,
and with THIS year coming to a close everyone have a blessed and VERY good New Year!
Great composition, David. Words and photo.
I dig the textures in your knife scales.

Back