What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My daughter gave me this Cadet for Christmas (with a tiny hint from Dad.) Went straight into my pocket this morning. Merry Christmas, everyone!
z0GdYur.jpg

Merry Christmas to all! :):)

Goin' small today. Ohta "Small Camper" and a City Knife from Eldon Talley.
Neither one has been taken to the "Work Sharp". Yet.
I'm still practicing on kitchen knives. All in good time grasshopper.
lji98P2.jpg
Superb pic of your magnificent knives and intriguing machinery, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This Castillo Torre is a birthday present from my brother, and a new brand to me. Have only been playing with it for a day but it is a really nice lock back, and came screaming sharp with a nice fine grained sharpening stone.

Congrats on the new Spanish birthday knife, Tom!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fabulous photo of a fine pair of knives, José; feliz Natal! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple wood covered slicers from GEC, orange osage and ebony. :)
Nice color combo with your ebony and osage orange, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::cool::cool: Fitting tribute, Gev!

Near Miss: Yesterday I received a package from a good friend. During Christmas season we generally exchange wine or food. Well, in the package yesterday I found a bottle of wine. I sent him a text to thank him today, and he asks “did you see what else was in there“? Well, I hadn’t – I assumed the wine was the only item in the box. I went to my recycle where I had placed the packing box and in the bottom behind newspaper used as packing I found this:

bS8Z0lr.jpg

One day earlier and this would have been on its way to the recycling plant!:eek:
Yikes! :eek: Congrats on the Handsome Henckels Barlow; I've really enjoyed your recent series of "knives among the Christmas decorations" shots! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

For Wooden Wednesday, as I walked through the woods, I carried these two: CSC 2015 BladeForums knife in Mexican Bocote and Buck 503.

View attachment 1478638 View attachment 1478639
Superb woods on your knives in the superb woods, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Satisfying seasonal shot, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I've been enjoying all your seasonal Latin sig lines, too! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. It's hard to get a good dreidel game going over zoom, but I had a pleasant Hanukah, nonetheless.
Merry Christmas to you! :)

:D Here's a dreidel for the millennials:
kr8FZ42.jpg
Thanks, Rachel. :) Your stag lambsfoot is timeless; it goes well with dreidels from any era! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Haha. Yeah I'd be suspicious about that too. Maybe I should get one of those pocket pry bars to lend instead of my knife.
:D:thumbsup: Maybe you'll get one for Christmas!

Sublime photo of your supermodel stag HHB, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Crane is still riding along for Christmas Eve...
Congrats on that eye-catching stag jack with the PDA Herons, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

11031 SH seven dot in Walnut. Cold weather coming in tonight. Ready for springtime already. :D
Thanks, GT! That Canoe has two springs. Happy Christmas Eve to all.
I'm with you on the eagerly awaiting spring, Les! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info on your Case canoe backspring situation. :thumbsup:
I once knew
When the Case canoe
Went from one spring to two.
Now I no longer do. :(

Peanut of the week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
72OT.mark.open.jpg

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Joker asta autentica model purchased in Toledo, Spain:
joker.asta.open.out.jpg

Lambsfoot knife this week is Black Jack, a Jack Black ebony Guardians SFO from A. Wright & Son in 2018:
mark.open.woods.jpg

- GT

A month or so ago the wife asked what I wanted for Christmas. I flippantly said; "How about a Buck 500 Duke" and last night - Christmas Eve- she gave me a box to open. What to my wonder when I opened the box, there was this Buck 500 Duke. Although I have many many Buck knives, I'm not a scholar of Buck knives: therefore, I don't know what material the covers are - Dymalux Red Wood maybe??????? I'll be carrying this in it's belt sheath today.

IfKStNQ.jpg

vg846Fm.jpg

Oh, and don't think for a second that I've laid the Rosewood, Lambfoot, "Big-un" aside. It's in a pocket right under the new 500 Duke.

Superb woods on your knives in the superb woods, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Peanut of the week is a Chinese Schrade 72OT:
View attachment 1479499

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Joker asta autentica model purchased in Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1479501

Lambsfoot knife this week is Black Jack, a Jack Black ebony Guardians SFO from A. Wright & Son in 2018:
View attachment 1479503

- GT

Thank you, Gary. Speaking (or writing) of superb, that is how I would describe your Ebony Lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back