What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy Boxing Day!

jXniZrT.jpg
Is the feather on the copperhead your work?

Spectacular scrimshaw, LT! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've seen some Rough Riders done by Layden on Etsy; she does very impressive work! Do you have any art on the pile side of that knife?

In the 39 years we’ve been married, there have only been a few Christmases that weren’t spent in the mayhem of extended families.

Despite missing that, I think this Christmas is going to be superb. Why, shoot! I even have cans of smoked oysters and sardines to open by the fireplace.
As @JonMcD so eloquently reminded me, it’s not hard to find happiness. Here’s hoping all you here on the porch find it!
Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukah! View attachment 1478973This is a High Carbon 4 blade cattle knife, and a Primble Belknap Hardware serpentine jack. It’s really the only knife I have that I’m compelled to carry in a slip out of fear of damaging the Schrade peachseed.
The fixed blade is an Ideal Products (Solingen), which I think is a budget knock off of a Canadian Belt Knife.
I admire the perspective you have on life, Jeff, as well as the fine old knives you carry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I put on my warm gloves to shovel the driveway this morning. :D
Ege6Hla.jpg

Barrett, I think that photo illustrates a BIG difference between Minnesota and Michigan winters. Michigan (at least my part of Michigan 30 miles from Lake Michigan) is cloudy almost all winter, with sunny cloudless skies a very rare occurrence. I once had a student from the Twin Cities area who said he would not look for a job in Michigan because Michigan winters "made him sad."

The Pandemic has not affected us as much as some but :
This is what was normal in 2018 :

This this year and Finances is not the reason :

We wish every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Harry
Quite a difference between now and then in your Christmas prep, Harry. I hope you have happy holidays even without as much family visitors as you're used to! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of festive knives!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of scouts today, an old Pal and a thrifty old Imperial Hammer Brand. :)
Scintillating pair of scouts, JJ; I especially like the Hammer Brand cracked ice model! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks a lot Gary :) I am indeed cleaving to the cleaver! :D That's food for thought there amigo :) :thumbsup:
;):thumbsup:

Today’s carry is a GEC Medium Stockman, tomorrow’s carry will be the pearl handled Case pen. Merry Christmas to all. OH
Case-82079-Stainless-Sleeveboard-1965-69.jpg
Phenomenal pearl pen, Bruce! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Wards Cattle and a Mustang

bEDwjwf.jpg

Cool couple of cutters, Steve, especially the cattle knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

My small Moki Blackiston's fish owl.
KFz8oCF.jpg

For reference: Actual Blackiston's fish owl:
MGkDrCp.jpg
Cool photos, Frank! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I didn't know that there was a real bird the knife was named for. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Gary. I do have one with white bone on the pile side, but the mark side is the flag so there would some redundancy there. (I suddenly wondered what dundancy meant, but apparently it is not a word.:eek:)

That is a beautiful Christmas photo with two gorgeous knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment, Dean, and for making me aware of the etymology of "redundancy". :)
Nice shot of your saw cut Ancient! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Still this little 'un. Pile side:
full
That Craftsman peanut is cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I have several Spanish knives, but no Muelas; yours is a winner!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very cool "world tour" of cutlery, Gary; the Handyman Helper II is very interesting!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Fab three Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ & Jack. :)

Today I carry this Thiers de Fontenille Pataud in stag.;):thumbsup:
Stellar stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That passage from Isaiah 9:6-7 is deservedly famous, Jeff, but I like the "setting the scene" in verses 2-5 almost as much. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My daughter gave me this Cadet for Christmas (with a tiny hint from Dad.) Went straight into my pocket this morning. Merry Christmas, everyone!
z0GdYur.jpg
Congrats on the captivating Christmas Cadet! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
Thanks, Vince. :) Christmas was pretty quiet with just my wife and me, but we Skyped with our daughter and her boyfriend on Christmas Eve, and did online gift-opening, so that was nice! :cool::thumbsup:;)

A month or so ago the wife asked what I wanted for Christmas. I flippantly said; "How about a Buck 500 Duke" and last night - Christmas Eve- she gave me a box to open. What to my wonder when I opened the box, there was this Buck 500 Duke. ...

IfKStNQ.jpg

Congrats on the Christmas Duke, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. Speaking (or writing) of superb, that is how I would describe your Ebony Lambsfoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

I'm carrying my Crimson bone Case stockman today. (I dropped it into the snow after I took this photo :()

View attachment 1479537
Someone else posted a couple examples of those crimson bone Cases earlier this week; the mottled bone is pretty cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Merry Christmas everyone!
a1ew4I7.jpg
Superb shot! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't know why I never thought of doing that, given that most of my pics have unintentional self-portraits caught in reflections. Way to embrace the reflectivity! ;)

Tantalizing tripartite of totes today; really dig the image of your wonderful ebony Guardian!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Regular Lambsfoot, with ebony, and rat-tail bolster.... perfection! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ and John. :)

Toting these two Robeson jacks today; Merry Christmas! :)
Those red Robesons are festive! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My EVERY Christmas knife.

View attachment 1479629
Very nice, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thanks gents!

peanutsxx peanutsxx - your Peanut Knives have me thinking about a NIB Schrade USA 72OT I have in a box somewhere - I need to find that knife and pull it out; nice Yellow Delrin Peanut you have there. OH

That Craftsman peanut is cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks gentlemen! With the #62 hogging my pocket most of the year these wee ones didn't get carried much. I have enjoyed them this week.

Please show us that Schrade OH! :):thumbsup:

I'm ready to find out what's in the GEC 2021 lineup -
View attachment 1479860
I can't quite wrap my imagination around all of those @hose56! :eek::cool:

Back