What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy New Year to all, I hope that 2021 turns out to be better than 2020 for everyone.

Knives through the 10th of the month. I need to make sure I use, clean and oil the non-stainless knives I have, so time to develop a routine. Will use these four this first week (or so) then clean, lube, and oil before putting them away for a while. Good thing I live in a relatively dry climate. The Alox Cadet on my key ring will be there through the first quarter, then swapped for a different SAK each quarter.
original.jpg

Wishing you all a 2021 filled with peace, health, and immunity from COVID! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Back to the Case 6308 for today's carry, a little sporting clays if the rain holds off this morning. OH
Case-6308-Whittler-1983.jpg
Wonderful whittler, Bruce! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying a couple of 2020 knives to ring out the year.

View attachment 1482747
Azul is cool, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Easily in my top 5 favorite knives...
Osage Orange sure is an appealing handle material, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

This Christmas gift hasn’t gotten any pocket time yet, today’s the day. Happy New Year everyone!
View attachment 1482789
Congrats on the cool, colorful, Christmas Case!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I decided that I don't carry this little congress often enough.

vfuj8aH.jpg
Bone color and jigging and the shield are a sensational combination! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Gary. Incidentally, the knife I keep in the car, a Victorinox Classic (which I carried for years), also has a cross on it.
Sounds like a cool Classic for the car with the cross, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs ~
I apreciate your vehicular encomium!
The KEYS of my new car have more electronics than my first computer.
The car uses arrays of cameras and radar emitters to detect leaving your lane, and nudge you back, to detect when you come up behind someone, and brake or adjust the cruise control, or warn you of that goofball speeding through the parking lot as you try to back out.

Mrs Fleschwund wanted that package because she thinks I might be surfing blade forums on my cell phone while driving.:eek:
I personally think it’s a plot to condition me to welcome our coming robotic, self-driving car overlords.o_O

And because this is a knife forum, not an automotive one, I’m thinking of this hefty Buck to be my dedicated car knife.
Plus a TL-29, of course...View attachment 1482806That other thing will go in the car, too. It’s a US Army issue rescue tool from Ontario Knife Co. ~ comination window breaker, and seat belt cutter. Also has a ceramic rod knife sharpener. My son was issued it in A’stan. I hope I never need it!
Happy New Year, Gary!
Same to you, Jeff! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've never owned a vehicle newer than a 2007, so I'm very unfamiliar with (and somewhat intimidated by) all the new features that many cars have these days. (I did fly to Denver several years ago and rented a Nissan Altima that had one of those "keys" that just goes in your pocket, while you push a starter button; took me a while to figure that out. :rolleyes:)
Enjoy the new wheels, and even though it has all the fancy safety features, I'll join your wife in encouraging you not to let knives distract you while you're behind the wheel! :eek::D

Camillus #70 and an American Jack today :thumbsup:
E8j7Wpo.jpg
Phenomenal pair, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks!
I almost never look at the pics on my phone. I wait until I download them to my laptop. I shouldn't admit this, but I didn't notice the reflection until I was back inside sitting at the computer. I'd like to credit for creativity, but no... it was an accident :p
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As an observation of trivia, I've noticed that the 35 pattern is almost identical in size to the Colonel Coon canoe I've been carrying:

View attachment 1482846 View attachment 1482847 View attachment 1482850
Thanks for the intriguing comparison shots! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that is different looking - in a good way, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you, GT! The Ka-Bar was picked up specifically for that reason. The blade stock is far thicker than I would normally carry, but it's just so cool to me. :cool: I have one of those RR Dogleg Jacks, and you've gotten me off the couch to fish it out. I hardly carry it because I found it laid wonky in my work pants, but it might work better in my "normal" clothes. The f&f and quality are all satisfying, I just kind of forgot about it after the first few carries. Happy New Year, GT and fellow Porch members!
Thanks, Dean and Shawn. :) As Shawn points out, that's a very nice knife, even if it's unusual. But it's quite small IMHO, and fights for space with 16 other little knives in my Watch Pocket category, so only gets carried once every 17 weeks.

FedEx delivered my last knife purchase of the year. Makes me a new member of the Sod Buster Jr. owner’s club. Crimson peach seed jigged bone. A good way to put an end to 2020.
Congrats on the bone SBJr., Les! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Been toting these two slicers today, one in abalone and the other in bovine. :)
What an attractive pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm a sowbelly fan, the abalone is gorgeous, the 4 blades add some appeal, yet I think I actually prefer that Imperial! :rolleyes:

I grabbed an old favorite and headed to the pistol range a couple hours ago. Owl Head large (4¼") sowbelly in German stainless and cracked ice.

xAhEN7J.jpg
Splendid sowbelly, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Peanut this week is a Rough Rider:
peanut.mark.2open.wookie.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly stockman:
stag.sow.mark.closed.jpg

Lambsfoot this week is one I call Cracker Jack, an Ashley's Choice lambsfoot SFO for Jack Black:
cj.pile.Vstand.deck.sky.jpg

- GT

What an attractive pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm a sowbelly fan, the abalone is gorgeous, the 4 blades add some appeal, yet I think I actually prefer that Imperial! :rolleyes:
Thank you Gary!!! You certainly have an awesome collection of sowbelly patterns! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Peanut this week is a Rough Rider:
peanut-mark-2open-wookie-jpg.1483615

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly stockman:
stag-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1483616

Lambsfoot this week is one I call Cracker Jack, and Ashley's Choice lambsfoot SFO for Jack Black:
cj-pile-vstand-deck-sky-jpg.1483614
A very cool New Year's threesome with one of your many sowbelly beauties!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back