What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Very nice, Greg, thank you for sharing! That is quite the pair!

Thems are some fine things indeed. Happy New Year, my friend.

A pair of plums for me today. Happy New Year, everyone!

hfEo6gk.jpg
Such a cool picture of the matching plums.

That's a beauty Gev, nice to see it being carried :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

Happy New Year to you, I couldn't agree more! Great pair to start the New Year; marvelous image of your frosty (super cool) Hartshead Barlow, too!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two strawberry bone Barlows from Robeson, today. Happy New Year! :)

Many thanks JJ :) Those two Robeson Barlows are incredible :cool: :) :thumbsup:

So...It's a Sheffield made Continental Cutlery Co. coachman's/horseman's multi-tool :) The hoof pic works a charm getting the mud out of your treads :eek:

...but i do carry it:D

I think the main difference is that a Coachman's Knife has a large square coachman's 'key' as one of the tools :thumbsup:

Smashing pic to start the year Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's a great pic of your AC GT :cool: :thumbsup:

It is a Dark , Dreary , Snowy , and Drizzly day today and I have these 2 in my pockets .
This Maserin , a gift from our friend Ron Half/Stop

And this old $28 + Freight knife that I really like to have in my pocket .

Harry

That's a nice keepsake Harry :) :thumbsup:

For the first day of a new year and 'Old Friends Friday,' I'm carrying my first stockman that I got 35 years ago. It is the Schrade Uncle Henry 897UH. It is the best designed stockman I have.

View attachment 1483632 View attachment 1483633

Great that you still have that Dean :) :thumbsup:

Probably more than I need to take down Christmas lights and some yard work...Happy New Years!!!
qI38yYC.jpg

Happy New Year Taylor :) Cool file-knife :thumbsup:

Hope 2021 is going OK for you so far folks ;) Carrying this pair today, a @jsdistin re-covered Sheffield Lambsfoot in Giraffe Bone, gifted to me by Reaper AL Reaper AL , and a Case Swayback Jack, gifted to me by @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

IMlc5bm.jpg

8QCQjE1.jpg

That's a beauty Gev, nice to see it being carried :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) Those two Robeson Barlows are incredible :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I think the main difference is that a Coachman's Knife has a large square coachman's 'key' as one of the tools :thumbsup:

Smashing pic to start the year Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's a great pic of your AC GT :cool: :thumbsup:

That's a nice keepsake Harry :) :thumbsup:

Happy New Year Taylor :) Cool file-knife :thumbsup:

Hope 2021 is going OK for you so far folks ;) Carrying this pair today, a @jsdistin re-covered Sheffield Lambsfoot in Giraffe Bone, gifted to me by Reaper AL Reaper AL , and a Case Swayback Jack, gifted to me by @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

IMlc5bm.jpg

8QCQjE1.jpg
I think that is a fine pair

Arrived in time to celebrate the New Year...
Sticking with the Case/Bose Cattle Knife for the foreseeable future...
I really love how the secondary blades just tuck out of the way. :cool::thumbsup:
Congrats on the Case/Bose collaboration cattle knife, John; classy cutlery!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Me too Gary, even though I only have a couple, including a RR in their smooth tobacco bone :) Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary :) You are quite right, there are no magic wands getting shaken, but I sure hope we have happier times ahead :) :thumbsup:

Three lookers there :) I discovered I had one of those wee RR slips in a drawer the other day, it must have been there for years :D I gave a pal of mine a Barlow like that, and he thinks it is the finest knife ever created :) :thumbsup:
Sounds like you have a nice pair of RR sowbellies, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll look forward to seeing one maybe show up as a "random carry" someday. ;)

I'll also look forward to 2021 eventually becoming known as the year the "intelligent" humans beat the "brainless" coronavirus! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words about the knives I posted. :) I'm not really a Barlow fan, but the RR Barlow certainly seems to be a well-built knife. :thumbsup:

I think you sent me a little RR clip-slip for some reason, Jack! :):thumbsup: I have the one you sent me and the one that came with my dogleg mini canoe permanently clipped to the "wall" of a little compartment in the backpack I typically lug around; I usually have my sowbelly and my budget canoe of the week riding in those slips.

Fine shots of your HHB and cleaver! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For the weekend.

PrGDVAb.jpg
That Churchill/Cadet combo seems like a very versatile pairing, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

My knife appetite has shifted towards traditionals lately. Picked this one up recently and I really like it. Have a Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all the pictures and information you guys have provided . Dave
dj9mZdi.jpg
That classic Case is captivating, @Catdaddy2 ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

New year, new knife.
Congrats on the new little Buck lockback; the Case half whittler looks better all the time! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Knives through the 10th of the month. I need to make sure I use, clean and oil the non-stainless knives I have, so time to develop a routine. Will use these four this first week (or so) then clean, lube, and oil before putting them away for a while. Good thing I live in a relatively dry climate. The Alox Cadet on my key ring will be there through the first quarter, then swapped for a different SAK each quarter.
original.jpg
Sounds like a reasonable and responsible resolution! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Toting these two strawberry bone Barlows from Robeson, today. Happy New Year! :)
Ringing in the New Year with red Robesons sets a successful tone, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love this photo, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary!!! You certainly have an awesome collection of sowbelly patterns! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A very cool New Year's threesome with one of your many sowbelly beauties!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks! That is a nice looking sowbelly!
I appreciate your salute to my sowbellies, JJ & bigfish64 bigfish64 . :)
JJ, I was thinking about why I might prefer your simple Imperial spear/pen EO jigged bone teardrop with bail over a gorgeous abalone Winchester 4-blade sowbelly. Then I read that Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, died recently. I think my preference for Mary Ann over Ginger is based on the same factors as my preference for the Imperial in your recently-posted pair! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary; I had to look up 'azul.' I learned a new word in Spanish! Your RR stg sowbelly stockman always draws my eye; it has a very classic look.
Thanks, Dean; that stag sowbelly is one of my favorite knives. :) I think I learned "azul" when one of the student teachers I supervised years ago was teaching a class in Spanish at a local public high school that had a fairly large number of Latinx kids at the time. I observed that class one day when they were working on learning how to compute with positive and negative integers, and the student teacher had red (rojo) and blue (azul) chips she used to represent the numbers above and below zero. Once I picked up on those color words and added them to my knowledge of Spanish for the numbers 1 thru 10, I could basically follow the lesson. :rolleyes:

For the first day of a new year and 'Old Friends Friday,' I'm carrying my first stockman that I got 35 years ago. It is the Schrade Uncle Henry 897UH. It is the best designed stockman I have.

View attachment 1483632 View attachment 1483633
Always an honor to be reintroduced to that old friend of yours, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for sending me a replica that I now tend to use as my "standard" to which medium stock knives are compared. ;)

Boker Castle Wood for the first day of the new year.
View attachment 1483638
Fit for a king! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Happy New Year's Porch Dwellers! Starting the year off with some amber carved stag bone with this Queen Canoe :)

sKC09e9.jpg
Your Queen canoe is world-class, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cracker Jack looking majestic. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John; I think ANY knife looks pretty triumphant in that pose. ;)

Over my morning coffee I viewed the copperhead/copper lock thread and it inspired todays carry. Amber bone mini copper lock and an ebony Schatt jack to keep it company.
View attachment 1483693
Pretty and practical pair, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

IMlc5bm.jpg

8QCQjE1.jpg

Thank you, Jack. That giraffe bone is gorgeous and a wonderful gift! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean; that stag sowbelly is one of my favorite knives. :) I think I learned "azul" when one of the student teachers I supervised years ago was teaching a class in Spanish at a local public high school that had a fairly large number of Latinx kids at the time. I observed that class one day when they were working on learning how to compute with positive and negative integers, and the student teacher had red (rojo) and blue (azul) chips she used to represent the numbers above and below zero. Once I picked up on those color words and added them to my knowledge of Spanish for the numbers 1 thru 10, I could basically follow the lesson. :rolleyes:

Always an honor to be reintroduced to that old friend of yours, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for sending me a replica that I now tend to use as my "standard" to which medium stock knives are compared. ;)

- GT

Thank you for your comments and story about Spanish color mathematics. I learned the Italian word for red which is very similar to the Spanish word in Germany one year. I was walking with several of my students from Italy to get dinner and one of them was teaching me the correct pronunciation for 'rosso' when suddenly she shouted it out. That's when I figured out she was talking about the traffic light. :(:)

Regarding the Schrade stockman, you are welcome. I also am thankful for my Olive Green Farmer you gave me. :)

Back