1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mcc850

mcc850 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Such a cool picture of the matching plums.

2. buckthorn

buckthorn

Mar 20, 2006

RDaneel likes this.
  3. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Laguiole with Teckel2 in Stag,
    [​IMG]

Spaten, afishhunter, Chui and 28 others like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's a beauty Gev, nice to see it being carried :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) Those two Robeson Barlows are incredible :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I think the main difference is that a Coachman's Knife has a large square coachman's 'key' as one of the tools :thumbsup:

Smashing pic to start the year Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's a great pic of your AC GT :cool: :thumbsup:

That's a nice keepsake Harry :) :thumbsup:

Great that you still have that Dean :) :thumbsup:

Happy New Year Taylor :) Cool file-knife :thumbsup:

Hope 2021 is going OK for you so far folks ;) Carrying this pair today, a @jsdistin re-covered Sheffield Lambsfoot in Giraffe Bone, gifted to me by @Reaper AL , and a Case Swayback Jack, gifted to me by @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spaten, afishhunter, Chui and 31 others like this.
  5. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Slipjoint from Cosimo De Benedetto

[​IMG]

6. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    I think that is a fine pair

Jack Black likes this.
  7. Marlingspike12

Marlingspike12

May 28, 2019
    Happy new year to every one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today I carry this GEC # 83 in Natural Stag and serialized with nº 28.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Think I’m going to head down to the pier for a bit this morning, need an experienced fishing knife - this Case will draw the duty this morning. OH
    [​IMG]

10. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    4FC14297-E898-4D40-889E-E6C0C6EF035C.jpeg BE636474-737B-4343-A324-99C6726171CA.jpeg 082354B0-BAAE-4EF3-9625-7856784A37B0.jpeg Two elk stags for Stagurday, one Schrade (294) for Schradurday.

Spaten, afishhunter, Pt-Luso and 30 others like this.
  11. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Sounds awesome good luck! Great looking Case. Wish they would make a mini with a wharncliffe blade to go along with the full sized version.

Reaper AL and Old Hunter like this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Nice pairing, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
    You have generous friends.

Good luck fishing. :cool::thumbsup:

Reaper AL, Jack Black and Old Hunter like this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm bonding well with the Cattle Knife.
    [​IMG]

Spaten, afishhunter, Pt-Luso and 32 others like this.
  14. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  15. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Thanks gents!

John, that is a fantastic Stockman - everything about it just sings! OH

Reaper AL likes this.
  16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Congrats on the Case/Bose collaboration cattle knife, John; classy cutlery!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sounds like you have a nice pair of RR sowbellies, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll look forward to seeing one maybe show up as a "random carry" someday. ;)

I'll also look forward to 2021 eventually becoming known as the year the "intelligent" humans beat the "brainless" coronavirus! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words about the knives I posted. :) I'm not really a Barlow fan, but the RR Barlow certainly seems to be a well-built knife. :thumbsup:

I think you sent me a little RR clip-slip for some reason, Jack! :):thumbsup: I have the one you sent me and the one that came with my dogleg mini canoe permanently clipped to the "wall" of a little compartment in the backpack I typically lug around; I usually have my sowbelly and my budget canoe of the week riding in those slips.

Fine shots of your HHB and cleaver! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That Churchill/Cadet combo seems like a very versatile pairing, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That classic Case is captivating, @Catdaddy2 ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on the new little Buck lockback; the Case half whittler looks better all the time! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sounds like a reasonable and responsible resolution! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ringing in the New Year with red Robesons sets a successful tone, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love this photo, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate your salute to my sowbellies, JJ & @bigfish64 . :)
    JJ, I was thinking about why I might prefer your simple Imperial spear/pen EO jigged bone teardrop with bail over a gorgeous abalone Winchester 4-blade sowbelly. Then I read that Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, died recently. I think my preference for Mary Ann over Ginger is based on the same factors as my preference for the Imperial in your recently-posted pair! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean; that stag sowbelly is one of my favorite knives. :) I think I learned "azul" when one of the student teachers I supervised years ago was teaching a class in Spanish at a local public high school that had a fairly large number of Latinx kids at the time. I observed that class one day when they were working on learning how to compute with positive and negative integers, and the student teacher had red (rojo) and blue (azul) chips she used to represent the numbers above and below zero. Once I picked up on those color words and added them to my knowledge of Spanish for the numbers 1 thru 10, I could basically follow the lesson. :rolleyes:

Always an honor to be reintroduced to that old friend of yours, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Thanks for sending me a replica that I now tend to use as my "standard" to which medium stock knives are compared. ;)

Fit for a king! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your Queen canoe is world-class, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, John; I think ANY knife looks pretty triumphant in that pose. ;)

Pretty and practical pair, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

17. Stephen byrne

Stephen byrne

Apr 21, 2018
    My pairing for doing a few jobs around the garden. About to put in a order for my first knife of the year [​IMG]

18. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Bullet Jack in burnt stag

[​IMG]

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, GT and Bruce. :)

Old Hunter likes this.
  20. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Jack. That giraffe bone is gorgeous and a wonderful gift! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comments and story about Spanish color mathematics. I learned the Italian word for red which is very similar to the Spanish word in Germany one year. I was walking with several of my students from Italy to get dinner and one of them was teaching me the correct pronunciation for 'rosso' when suddenly she shouted it out. That's when I figured out she was talking about the traffic light. :(:)

Regarding the Schrade stockman, you are welcome. I also am thankful for my Olive Green Farmer you gave me. :)

Jack Black and Reaper AL like this.