What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

20210109-143849.jpg

i really like those 29s. looks great in orange also
yeah it was a knife I passed over when they initially were released. But man, it's really grown on me. It's a great pattern! It's really great cover material. I've also seen pictures of users in Osage Orange and they darken over time which I'm pretty excited to see that!

Last edited:
I will be a couch potato today, glued to the TV watching football.

Cool looking knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, hope you had a nice day :) :thumbsup:

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a super-slender Colonial jack (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1488018

Big Knife of the Week is quite long, but also slender: a yellow delrin Case slimline trapper (thanks, Tom):
View attachment 1488019

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop:
View attachment 1488020

- GT

Terrific trio Gary :) :thumbsup:

High winds, and I was feeling a little light, so I thought I'd add some ballast!!;)
That humble combination cap lifter/can opener might be the cutlery invention of the decade!! Maybe of the century!!:eek: It works so well for both functions!!:thumbsup::DView attachment 1488046 View attachment 1488048 View attachment 1488049 View attachment 1488050

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

My new Sheffield lambfoot. Good fit and finish the blade is off center but doesn’t rub.
View attachment 1488107

It may be the angle (or my eyesight), but that looks more like a Sheepsfoot than a Lambsfoot :confused: Nice-looking knife though :thumbsup:

Outstanding pair of Saturday slicers, Jack!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:

Amber bone, right on target ;)

uUSl70l.jpg

Cool pic Mike :) :thumbsup:

Toting a couple of Camillus BSA Scouts for Saturday. :)

Fantastic JJ :) :thumbsup:

That whittler is sweet, love the clip blade and it has a feel of age and use about it. Enjoy it.

Early morning - 2c picnic up the forestry with the gang. I don't remember kiwis being that colour!? Vit c never tasted so sweet, good for keepin this bloody pox at bay.

Great-looking Lambsfoot Ed :) :thumbsup:

That's a handsome knife Jack!

Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

Going with two of Charlie's finest today :) Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

y4wXmXX.jpg

MlTMgQr.jpg

All I needed today.
RmHBNcJ.jpg
You aren't just whistlin' Dixie, Taylor!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

2019 Case delrin Barlow with CV blades and a pre 1961 Fieldmaster:thumbsup:
t7izio.jpg
That yellow/red combo will brighten any day, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Did old Fieldmaster come with a big clip like that, or is that a blade mod?

Back in lockdown until March here apparently :( Carrying my 'hard times' TC Barlow, and a Sheffield Lambsfoot re-covered in African Blackwood by @jsdistin :thumbsup:

x0udziz.jpg

R6h4ZFR.jpg
That's a distinguished and versatile pair, Jack; you could keep those in your pocket all week and display them proudly for both Wooden Wednesday and Black Friday! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with one of these black Victorinox alox with normal and red shield.;):thumbsup:
Notable pair of black Pioneers, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sharing and Carrying some Porch generosity today...
I made a trade with Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer , one of my pocket slips for one of his old Barlow knives. I chose the old Camillus of course. But Harry being the generous person we all know he is, also sent me my second choice... the old Keen Kutter. On top of that he gifted me the Large Case Texas Jack, which I absolutely LOVE!!! Thank you Harry and i will enjoy each one of these a whole bunch. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on that terrific trio, John, and kudos to Harry for his generosity! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

X1Apyxg.jpg

These working knives today. The astute amongst you may notice thats not my normal truck. Probably not though, I've not posted many pics with the other one lol.
Anyways my ol 97 Ford's engine is giving up the ghost, so for Christmas my Dad gave me his old Chevy. My best friend upon learning that apparently overnight I went from a dedicated Ford guy to a Chevy guy said "Welcome to the dark side" :eek:
0xfPoNp.jpg

I've heard people say they'd rather push their brand truck over driving another brand. Even if someone gave it to them, well I've always said "If someone gave me one I'd happily drive it til the wheels fall off." Well guess I talked that into being o_O:rolleyes:
Couple of capable black knives, David! :thumbsup::cool::cool: How are you liking that RR Half Hawk?
Congrats on the new truck, too! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm with you in not having much brand loyalty when it comes to vehicles. I've had a Plymouth Barracuda, Rambler Ambassador (briefly), Toyota Corolla, Plymouth Arrow, Eagle Summit, Isuzu pickup, Dodge Caravan, Honda Civic, and Ford Focus. :rolleyes:

Ya, I don't care too much for knowing everything about steel types... Case CV and SS have served me well.
Cool Cadet, GT. I like the striped Alox?
I need to get another Cadet, I have a habit of buying them and giving them away.
It's always good to see your Cadet 2; I wish Victorinox would go back to that pattern. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I feel like Batman wrote that line! Thanks bud!

I think that is the coolest looking ALOX I've seen - the ribbed finish is new to me.
Extraordinary choice, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
My highlight goes to Cadet 2 and especially to the Portuguese MAM.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks for the Cadet 2 compliments, John & Dean & Bruce & José! :)
I also enjoy the unique look of the ribbed Alox, and I prefer having the pen blade to having the current Cadet's file tool.

First post here. Case Peanut in chestnut bone and CV, a gift from my wife in 2014 and carried daily since. A razor sharp worry stone that ages well, and does everything I need it to without scaring anybody. Love it and her!
Belated welcome to The Porch, @Comfortably Numb ! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have a Peanut just like yours; splendid knife!

Ancient TC 2.0 and Old Red Bone Case Peanut.

View attachment 1485890
Pair of Aces, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I really like the "variety pack" you have put together; those little MAMs are surprisingly excellent slicers, very cool!:eek::D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ; I agree about the MAMs! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Uh oh! Jack Black Jack Black inspired snack this afternoon :D Cheese on toast with Hendersons! Only thing that would have made it better would have been if I'd thrown a lambsfoot in the pocket this morning!
Nice snack, Mike! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: You and Jack inspired me to have grilled extra sharp cheddar cheese sandwich for lunch a couple of times this week, but I forgot to take pics. (I supplemented the cheese with onions, dill slices, mustard, thinly sliced apple, and, for one day, summer sausage. :rolleyes:)

Sticking with Case Whittlers, 5383 for today. OH
Case-5383-1999-1.jpg
Another handsome whittler! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I walk with this Portuguese from Francisco Cangueiro in Bovine horn and Liner lock.;):thumbsup:
Exceptional knife, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your photo really displays the great grain in that wood! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't think I've ever noticed that version of a Böker shield before.

Osage for Wooden Wednesday.

MuFaJPA.jpg
Good wood, ideal steel, bellwether leather!! :cool::cool:;)

- GT

That's a distinguished and versatile pair, Jack; you could keep those in your pocket all week and display them proudly for both Wooden Wednesday and Black Friday! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice snack, Mike! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: You and Jack inspired me to have grilled extra sharp cheddar cheese sandwich for lunch a couple of times this week, but I forgot to take pics. (I supplemented the cheese with onions, dill slices, mustard, thinly sliced apple, and, for one day, summer sausage. :rolleyes:)

Thank you kindly Gary, they could have very easily been my KOTY 2019 and 2020, had my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow not got in the way :)

Sounds delicious, you're making me hungry buddy, I might have to go and look for some lunch ;) :thumbsup:

Edit - Smoked ham and cheese with sweet peppadews, on sourdough ;) Should keep me going :D :thumbsup:

42Q5SHw.jpg

Last edited:
Back