What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

X13tiH5.jpg

Another handsome whittler! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you!

Exciting day for us; we’re going inland to visit my folks and take a BBQ lunch - haven’t seen them since before Christmas (they have been quarantined while my brother worked through COVID19 - he’s over it now). Late afternoon we’ll leave my folks for a drive about 30 miles east to welcome my daughter and son-in-law to their new home on the Pamlico River (they will be an hour and a half north of us, much closer than the 6 hours plus it takes now to visit them). They are driving a U-Haul box truck from the mountains today carrying all of their furniture and possessions. OH
Ps going to carry the stag Case Mini-Copperlock my Dad gave me last summer.
Case-51749-LSS-Mini-Copperlock-2000.jpg

Thank you!

Exciting day for us; we’re going inland to visit my folks and take a BBQ lunch - haven’t seen them since before Christmas (they have been quarantined while my brother worked through COVID19 - he’s over it now). Late afternoon we’ll leave my folks for a drive about 30 miles east to welcome my daughter and son-in-law to their new home on the Pamlico River (they will be an hour and a half north of us, much closer than the 6 hours plus it takes now to visit them). They are driving a U-Haul box truck from the mountains today carrying all of their furniture and possessions. OH

Sounds like a busy day Bruce, hope everything goes well. Glad your brother is OK :thumbsup:

Taking a Loveseat and area rug to my daughter today for her apartment. Whenever I do things like this I remember I'm not as young as I used to be.

Got this guy in my pocket though so I got that going for me, which is nice.:cool:
l8shwlO.jpg

Thank you!

Glad you get to see family, Bruce. Ah, the things we used to take for granted...
Now, when you’re with your Dad, be sure to find something that needs cutting, and conspicuously pull that Case out.;)

Have a great Sunday, folks.
View attachment 1488642

Sounds like a busy day Bruce, hope everything goes well. Glad your brother is OK :thumbsup:

Glad you get to see family, Bruce. Ah, the things we used to take for granted...
Now, when you’re with your Dad, be sure to find something that needs cutting, and conspicuously pull that Case out.;)

Thank you Jack; Jesse had a "moderate" case but at age 61 he had to be careful, took a good two weeks for him to get over it. The bigger scare was that he had taken lunch to my folks (mid-80's with several health issues) and visited with them earlier in the day he came down with it. We are glad for the miracle that neither of them caught it from him.

Thank you Jeff; and you are so right about the things we used to take for granted - the older you get the more you realize that (and appreciate the times you had and have). This Case Knife is truly "our knife" - I gave it to Dad 20 years ago and he gave it back to me. I'll do as you suggest!

Bruce

Yesterday was frustrating for us Seahawks fans. :(
But it happens and I'm just happy we had football this year.
Wishing all of your remaining teams luck and may the best team win. :cool::thumbsup:
I'll be carrying my Usual Lamb today as I watch some games and go visit with my mom.

Have a nice visit John :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1488630 View attachment 1488631 View attachment 1488632 View attachment 1488633 View attachment 1488634 I have been giving this Schatt & morgan sowbelly trapper a ride in my pocket last week

Nice Sourdough and Sowbelly combination Al, that bread mix looks pretty good :D :) :thumbsup:

Haha! Thank you. My homemade sheath is pretty ugly, I think, but it hangs just right in the pocket and I'm happy the Baby Kephart fits so well.
oxmDO6N.jpg

Nothing ugly about that sheath I don't think Rachel, it actually looks pretty good :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack; Jesse had a "moderate" case but at age 61 he had to be careful, took a good two weeks for him to get over it. The bigger scare was that he had taken lunch to my folks (mid-80's with several health issues) and visited with them earlier in the day he came down with it. We are glad for the miracle that neither of them caught it from him.

Thank you Jeff; and you are so right about the things we used to take for granted - the older you get the more you realize that (and appreciate the times you had and have). This Case Knife is truly "our knife" - I gave it to Dad 20 years ago and he gave it back to me. I'll do as you suggest!

Bruce

I'm really glad your folks are alright Bruce, must have been very worrying :thumbsup:

After over a year of trying I was finally able to obtain a BF 86 in a trade :D thanks @knifethetank
BF86 and a SW 890

OCZwiUY.jpg
Appealing pair, Steve, and congrats on getting that Blade Forums knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I admire your persistence. ;)

Copper and brass. Y’all have a great day!

That copper-handled stockman is a real attention grabber, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today with an old unmarked knife, but with a good stag.;):thumbsup:
Memorable stag, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for showing both sides; I don't recall seeing the pile side before (but I don't recall what I had for breakfast yesterday :rolleyes:).

Quality line-up there GT :) :thumbsup:
sa4CCnb.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
The book under your HHB looks very interesting! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Classic Case! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Joining the Case Stockman crowd today...
That pair of pocket knives certainly doesn't lack potential, John! ;):cool::cool:

Dynamic duo, Jeff; the jigging on the Schrade is outstanding! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Gev, the bone on your jack has such intriguing coloration! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Many pairs make an excellent combination but today I can't think of a better combo than a 16/74.:)
Ed4focH.jpg

sparerow
Capital combo indeed, James; the stag on your 74 is superb! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Voos Arrow and a new to me Boker Cattle Junior

ohEfTaA.jpg
First-rate jigging on both of those, Steve; I especially like that "crinkly" jigging on your new Böker! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Toting two thrifty composite covered jacks from the 1930's, one from Remington and the other Camillus made. :)
Thrifty, but thrilling, pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Kings day yesterday, the bean has not been found yet...
View attachment 1486964
;):thumbsup: Remember what Shakespeare wrote: Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

I like your new RR Sowbelly stockman, Gary. And your Case rough black Canoe has a classic look. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I carried these three on my hike today:

Wenger Standard Issue (aka Soldier)

View attachment 1487019

Case Pocket Hunter

View attachment 1487020

Camillus Tip Top Barlow with a whittling project (seriously, the next two photos are Beaver work).

View attachment 1487025
View attachment 1487026
Thanks for the kind words, Dean. :)
You have an admirable trio for your hike (although I have no firsthand experience with pocket hunters)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How long does it take (or how many beavers does it take) to remove as much wood as you show in your photos??

Three exceptional knives, LT; the last one (saddle horn?) is especially stunning! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Vintage Officer (circa 1950's) has the tools of a 3 layer Camper. Paired with a Case Barlow with CV blades:thumbsup:
v6mk6o.jpg
The vintage SAKs you're posting recently are knockouts, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the info you provided in response to Barrett's question!

Peanut-like knife this week is a Chinese Schrade 18OT:
18OT.mark.Vflat.log.jpg

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Colt stag muskrat:
stag.musk.pile.closed.jpg

Lambsfoot this week is Lam Jack, the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife ):
LJ.goldwatch.open.sunray.jpg

- GT

Nothing ugly about that sheath I don't think Rachel, it actually looks pretty good
Thank you very much. I like the design, but I ever make another one, I hope the stitching is a little neater.

Winter has finally come to Central Texas! It's a wet, slushy kind of snow, not the fun-to-play-in kind. But snow is a rare enough occurrence, I had to step out and take a picture. :)

H788Zwl.jpg

Back