What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

we'll be eating lunch at the Wagon Wheel Cafe, and then making a trip to the Holiday Market for our weekly grocery run and I just may need a heavy duty knife to get into a box of goodies, such as Fruit Loops" on the way home or riding around town taking in the sights. The Twenty Dollar Bill pictured under the knife will definitely be a thing of the past by the time we get home.

fnvcA2v.jpg
Man, ED, you don't mess around; a box of Fruit Loops won't stand a chance against The Duke! :eek::thumbsup::D

José, you have many fine mini trappers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carriyng this TC Barlow today.

View attachment 1489935
I like the unique coloration of that one, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ulster Jack and Remington dogleg Stockman w/ punch

df1jKM2.jpg
Two thrillers, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks GT it has a lot of character, sees use and along with the 18 and 20 Forum Knives it is a favourite. The only similarity between those 3 knives is that they are all scaled with animal head furniture :D:eek:
The red-tinted stag on the Lloyd reminds me of the color of a stag swayback lambsfoot @r8shell has. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. I'm new to the 500 series. I lucked out and got just the right sizefor me (503); it was a Goldilocks moment when it arrived. I looked at them for quite awhile before I decided.
Glad you like it, Dean! ;):cool::cool: I like the drop point blades on those Buck 50x knives much more than the Buck 110-style clip point.

Old red teardrop today...
FvuYOXW.jpg
Those 2-blade teardrops are splendid!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you sir! That Case canoe was what pushed me toward single springs, and the Churchill remains my (mostly) favorite.
Single spring canoes are certainly desirable, and a Churchill (in ebony or stag) is always a "back-of-the-mind" grail for me!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic foursome; I always really like your Imperial BSA scout, but the "Math Jack" is pretty darn cool!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool all-metal mathematical knife GT!:cool::thumbsup:
Another great selection of knives, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Fabulous foursome :cool: :) You'll have to post your Richartz in the Metal Monday thread sometime :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ & @Marlingspike12 & José & Jack. :) The German knife with the whale tang stamp and multiplication tables on the covers is one of my favorites. Jack, this week I read through the Metal Monday thread for the first time and found many intriguing knives in there. I think that, starting next week, I'll try to post one or two of my small pile of metal knives each week.

I believe we’ve seen the one Rachel gave you before, but it’s great to see it again! Sure is a classy color for a Scout knife, and it’s in great shape.
That is a quality quartet, Gary. The Imperial BSA scout is different; were you a scout?
Thanks, Jeff & Dean. :) Jeff, the photo I posted was taken very soon after the knife arrived in almost new condition from Rachel. But I've subsequently carried and used it for at least a couple of weeks. Still in great shape, but some food prep stained up the blade quite quickly, as the pic below probably shows. Dean, I wasn't a BSA scout, but my church denomination had a program for boys called the Calvinist Cadet Corps. We had weekly meetings during the school year, and my impression is that the meetings were like Scout meetings, plus Bible study (and ping-pong tournaments). There were also periodic campouts (some local, some state, some national), but I don't remember my brothers and I ever attending any of those.
white.BSA.mark.Vflat.etch.jpg

Sorry buddy! :D That sounds like a great birthday :) I usually do the same when I make chilli, most of it goes in the freezer. Hope you enjoyed your supper :) :thumbsup:
Hope everyone is keeping well :) I'm carrying my @jsdistin - recovered, @Reaper AL - gifted cinnamon giraffe bone Lambsfoot, together with a toothsome Wheatley Brothers Jack ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I diced up half a raw potato and a stalk of fresh broccoli, nuked it for a while, then added a scoop of chili, heated that mixture up, added some shredded romaine lettuce and some "Chili 9000" seasoning, and had a more-than-satisfying supper experience! ;)
You carried a couple of knives you don't post often! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Of course the lambsfoot is relatively new to you.:rolleyes:)

Seems like a good day for the Charlie Lamb
Seems like every day you carry that ebony WCLF would be a good day, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Gabon Ebony Huckleberry Boy's knife today.

View attachment 1490301
Beauty, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I can never make up my mind on my preference for that knife with endocarp or barehead. It seems like the one I'm currently looking at is the style I prefer. :rolleyes:

Stimulating stripes, Mike! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I don't know what's wrong with my eyes, but I can't stop seeing the shield as a turtle with wings (even though I suspect it's supposed to be a maple leaf).:confused::rolleyes:

A little bit bigger pocketknife for today, Case 6347SS with PW Olive Green handles. OH
Case-6347-1998.jpg
Those Case x347s might be my favorite among the larger (non-sowbelly) stockman patterns, Bruce! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Camillus Air Corp. and Albers Jack today
ncBj3zI.jpg
Wow, Steve, that Camillus is a dream machine!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Toting these two, both covered in ebony wood. :)
Epitome of elegance, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Running out of red knives, but this one is a dandy!
View attachment 1490409
That red bone SBJr. is riveting!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wednesday calls for wood covered knives.
View attachment 1490440
Terrific timber twosome, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

John Watt/Sheffield/England

Debonair
50833262716_56d7a1d742_b.jpg
Dapper and dignified, even with the frog tang stamp, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great knives, love Case chestnut, and the sowbelly is a cool pattern. The fact that is was a gift from a friend that has passed makes it priceless.
Wonderful keepsake GT :) :thumbsup:

Carrying my 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot, and an anonymous Ankermesser :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
Thanks, bigfish64 bigfish64 & Jack. :):thumbsup:
Jack, your ligneous pair is top-shelf! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Compelling combo of bright colors and bold textures (checkered and kerneled)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Another versatile couple of carries, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The yeller pen knife is a classic!

- GT

Nice looking collection of bottlenecks there. I dug mine out to use with a cigar box guitar a few days ago. Nice knives too of course.
One of my favourite thrifty Thursday knives while I work from home (for the foreseeable future)
NPBVp0v.jpg
Before she gave it up, my wife worked at a private golf club. Once I showed her the kind of bottles I needed, red wine bottles with long, straight necks, she brought me all I could need in my lifetime.
But I have been known to use the back of a pocket knife, or a deep well socket in a pinch.

Sometimes they just feel prefect. :cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic! This pic had me wondering for a minute why I'm spending all this money on GECs. Actually, I'm still wondering...
Thanks, guys. My Laguiole is still my favourite knife, followed closely by my Opinel No. 8, but the Case medium stockman is a better fit for the pocket, especially if you carry other items in the same pocket. Great little knife, and usually under $50.

Back