What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carried this Case CV Sowbelly Stockman to town and the Wagon Wheel Cafe today.
0JraQEV.jpg

It was an interesting time at the Wagon Wheel Cafe today. Our local paper comes out on Thursdays and while sitting at a table along with some other locals, one of them was reading the paper and came across the Obituaries. He made a remark that so-and-so had passed and then pointed out another that had passed and others around the table had some remarks to make about them. All of a sudden the guy reading the obits said they had left out the name of the brother, as a survivor, of one of those that had passed. Well, that caused some scornful remarks from some around the table and a lengthy discussion about all listed in the obituaries ensued. A lot of interesting stories and history about the local area and some living and some not, in the community were told. It was almost like bringing back to life those in the Obituaries for a short while.

Now that’s a proper looking Opinel!
Thanks. I had a forced patina on it for a while, but I buffed it out and just used the knife to cut food. I like how it looks better now.

Before she gave it up, my wife worked at a private golf club. Once I showed her the kind of bottles I needed, red wine bottles with long, straight necks, she brought me all I could need in my lifetime.
But I have been known to use the back of a pocket knife, or a deep well socket in a pinch.
I don't play much slide, but I have tried with the back of a knife and a zippo. It's a bit easier with a proper slide though.

Great-looking Saynor Gev :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I diced up half a raw potato and a stalk of fresh broccoli, nuked it for a while, then added a scoop of chili, heated that mixture up, added some shredded romaine lettuce and some "Chili 9000" seasoning, and had a more-than-satisfying supper experience! ;)
You carried a couple of knives you don't post often! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Of course the lambsfoot is relatively new to you.:rolleyes:)

Thanks, bigfish64 bigfish64 & Jack. :):thumbsup:
Jack, your ligneous pair is top-shelf! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Very healthy GT! :) Thank you for the kind words on my carries :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

Great shot of your beautifully wooden covered lamb; the old Ankermesser is pretty darn cool, too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these three thrifty 1950s Imperial/Hammer Brands today. :)

Thank you so much JJ, what a wonderfully cool matching trio :cool: :) I should carry my Richards knives more often :thumbsup:

I carried these two Barlow on my hike today.

View attachment 1490884 View attachment 1490885

Two gorgeous Barlows Dean, I hope you had a lovely hike :) :thumbsup:

It hardly seems to make any difference here at the moment, but there's another week gone :rolleyes: Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and another Old Friend in the shape of a Needham Brothers NAAAFI Knife :) :thumbsup:

1NVqz7P.jpg

Cv1mWRb.jpg

Back