What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

VEjGLgQ.jpg

This old Pallares is a good example that even resin can look vintage. :cool:

Queen #10 and a Camillus #66

FySSTp2.jpg
Like that 66:thumbsup:

I left the pitchfork at home, just carrying the knife today

jtrQgNN.jpg
Pitchfork needs oil.:cool:

Camel Bone 38 today.

As the old Camel cigarette ads used to say " Where a man belongs" ;)

hGBvpvN.jpg

However, the ads also used to notoriously say this :eek: Must have been' Following the Science' back then...

camel_doctors-1.jpg
And menthol smokes were advertised as medicated.
That reminds me of our doctor when we lived in the Ozarks. Doc Ridgeway. Great guy. Kept a lit cigarette in his mouth while examining you.

Last edited:
View attachment 1491305
The covers aren’t well matched
and the dark patches have faded a lot since new...
But I love this knife. Every time I pick it up I know this example is mine. Even in the dark with my eyes closed!
That is a nice knife but what's really interesting is realizing I have a fellow eastern NC style BBQ fan on the traditional forum with me! Ate many a lunch at Scott's in Goldsboro over a 30+ year span until they closed - glad the boys kept the sauce business going. OH

That is a nice knife but what's really interesting is realizing I have a fellow eastern NC style BBQ fan on the traditional forum with me! Ate many a lunch at Scott's in Goldsboro over a 30+ year span until they closed - glad the boys kept the sauce business going. OH

We are big fans of the Eastern NC BBQ here.
Until I started fishing again last year it was the best part of the yearly vacations to the outer banks.

They may not be as good looking as a lot of the knives that get posted here, but there's not much else that is as practical as a SAK for someone at home doing dad duty. I've already used the corkscrew to untie a stubborn knot, the screwdriver to tighten a screw on a toy, and the blade to slice some snacks.
2DCnyPF.jpg

Back