What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Mp4xU4U.jpg

Case medium stockman
Your knife comes from good stock, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I'm green with envy over that pair of knives, José! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: (Does Portuguese have a phrase equivalent to the English "green with envy"?)

Attractive mini copperhead! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the secondary blade a pen blade?

Toting these three thrifty 1950s Imperial/Hammer Brands today. :)
Game-winning triple play, JJ! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup: I'm a sucker for the inexpensive old Imperials and Colonials.

I like the look of your Marbles Rams Horn canoe, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary. Interesting information about your Calvinist Cadet corps. I had never heard of that group having been brought up in the Wesleyan Arminian tradition. :):D Sounds like fun.

Regarding Buck 110/55 series versus the 50x series, I agree with your comment on the blade dynamics; additionally the 50x knives are much lighter also.
Thanks for the ram's horn canoe compliment, Dean, and for the weight comparison among Bucks. :)
I enjoyed my experiences as a Cadet. There was even a magazine (quarterly, monthly?) for Cadets, and I remember that one year the humor section often featured elephant jokes. Another year, many of us were in the same school studying world history for the first time (6th grade?), and our Ping Pong tournaments got set up using lots of medieval European feudal terms to rank players based on their results. (IIRC, if a person hadn't won a match yet, that person was called a serf, and the person currently at the top of the rankings was called "The Pope" - rather ironic for Calvinist Cadets. :rolleyes:)

I carried these two Barlow on my hike today.

View attachment 1490884 View attachment 1490885
I'm thrilled each time I see the jigging on your Schrade Barlow!

Nice spearpoint mod! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Carried this Case CV Sowbelly Stockman to town and the Wagon Wheel Cafe today.
0JraQEV.jpg

It was an interesting time at the Wagon Wheel Cafe today. Our local paper comes out on Thursdays and while sitting at a table along with some other locals, one of them was reading the paper and came across the Obituaries. ... A lot of interesting stories and history about the local area and some living and some not, in the community were told. It was almost like bringing back to life those in the Obituaries for a short while.
Superb sowbelly, ED, and interesting story of the conversation in town! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

With the rounded bolsters the 47's carry like a smaller knife in the front pocket - glad to know you enjoy carrying one too.

Buck-303-X-1990.jpg

Thursday's carry. Thursday was a road day, so not much reading or posting. OH
Yes, I always prefer rounded bolsters, and I'm surprised how "thin" my 3-spring 6347 is.
I like your classic Cadet! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It hardly seems to make any difference here at the moment, but there's another week gone :rolleyes: Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and another Old Friend in the shape of a Needham Brothers NAAAFI Knife :) :thumbsup:

1NVqz7P.jpg

Cv1mWRb.jpg
That duo looks nearly indestructible, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Charlie Lamb and Case Medium Stockman...
A-1 pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Which model Case medium stockman is that? (They seem to have about a half dozen called "medium", and the round-bolstered ones always appeal to me.)

VEjGLgQ.jpg

This old Pallares is a good example that even resin can look vintage. :cool:
Fine Spanish folder! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That feathery copperhead is hypnotic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Got a pair of old Camillus in black today.View attachment 1491271 View attachment 1491272
Phenomenal pitch black pair, Jeff; I especially like that EO teardrop! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Sorry Dean, I meant to add a link. The knives were made in Sheffield after WW2, and sold in NAAFI shops on military bases. Thamls for your interest my friend :thumbsup:

Fantastic :) I didn't realise those TCs were due quite so fast, they look great :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :) Issard Violon with my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

P6UBbP0.jpg

uZCMAFG.jpg

Thanks for the info on the NAAFI info and link, Jack. The new Sepia TC Barlow almost slipped by me. I had no idea one was in the offing, but noticed Charlie's Barlow thread was popping up more. I rocketed off an email to my favorite dealer and fortunately got one.

I like the historical background for your Hartshead Barlow today. :thumbsup:

Peanut-like knife this week is a Camillus #21 (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1491942

Stag/Horn knife this week is a big stag lockback Joker:
View attachment 1491934

Lambsfoot this week is a Hartshead Barlow, a Jack Black SFO. I call mine LamBarJack:
View attachment 1491944

- GT

Gary, yours is the second Hartshead Barlow (aka LamBarJack) I've seen today. Beautiful wood on yours. :thumbsup:

Were staying home today but thinking I might need an able knife for around the house. Ya never know. Maybe a sheep will stumble into the yard needing a sliver removed from it's hoof so, this Standard Lambfoot with a custom recover by Jason @Signalprick will do nicely.

68X4bj0.jpg

Last edited:
A new-to-me Old Timer 33OT. @Old Hunter posted his previously, and then JohnDF JohnDF commented how much he liked his. Then I noticed that the pen blade sits in front of the clip so both nicks are on the same side and well...I "had" to have one. First time in the pocket today.

ETA: the angle of this sort of hides the closed pen blade, sorry. I was angling for the light/shadows.

IMG-2865b.jpg

Back