What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good Ol' Jack Knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Looks like you got a very clean knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks! Yessir, the seller was in Arizona so... :D

A 33 and 293 were the first new pocket knives I ever bought ~ back in the 70’s.
May it serve you well.
Thank you sir!

fLsx6jz.jpg
Love the cooper (I assume) scales.

The THEY /THEM have returned.
I guess on the "plus" side, it means all the Covids have (at least temporarily) left the building? The THEM/THEY were supposed to remain absent until then .... do I "trust" the THEM/THEY to lie, and come back sooner? Ummmm ... do a deer poo standing up?
On the un-plus side, what went into my pockets yesterday hadda come out; they "print" in my pockets.
This don't "print", so it went in.
View attachment 1492431
Circa 1958/1959 to 1968/1969 Ulster Number 10 Barlow. (not an "Ulster Old Timer" so not part of the RJR Prince Albert tobacco promotion of 1965 to 1971 or 1972.)
Feels really weird carrying just one ... I dunno how those a y'all that normally carry just one do it .... especially when those tools only got just one solo blade ...

Last edited:
Peanut-like knife this week is a Camillus #21 (thanks, Mike):
camillus-21-mark-open-jpg.1491942

Stag/Horn knife this week is a big stag lockback Joker:
bigstaglb-mark-open-jpg.1491934

Lambsfoot this week is a Hartshead Barlow, a Jack Black SFO. I call mine LamBarJack:
hhb2-mark-vflat-bootside-jpg.1491944

Beautiful trio, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Of course I love the HHB, Jack, but the Issard got my attention. :thumbsup::thumbsup: It reminds me of a subtle leaf blade.

Thanks buddy, I should pick up some more French traditionals at some point :) :thumbsup:

Peanut-like knife this week is a Camillus #21 (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1491942

Stag/Horn knife this week is a big stag lockback Joker:
View attachment 1491934

Lambsfoot this week is a Hartshead Barlow, a Jack Black SFO. I call mine LamBarJack:
View attachment 1491944

- GT

Three good 'uns there Gary :) :thumbsup:

Great handles on that one, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
Big blade for that thin knife, and no kick. Does it have a stop pin?

Thanks John :) It doesn't, but inspecting the well reminded me it needs a drop of oil in there :D :thumbsup:

Some GEC Stag for Saturday...

Lovely pairing :) :thumbsup:

That duo looks nearly indestructible, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Certainly among my toughest my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ask a kid what (s)he wants for dinner, 999,9% will answer : jambon coquillettes!
View attachment 1492151

Looking good JP :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

Great looking French jack to pal around with your wonderful Hartshead; very cool old receipts with nicely penned script, an almost lost art!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, I remember formal handwriting classes as a child, mean Mrs Kinder would whack you with a ruler for the slightest error. Good job she can't see my handwriting today! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I put these two Swiss totes in my pocket today. :)

Two great-looking vintage SAKs there JJ, very cool :cool: :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1492539 View attachment 1492540 Going to carry this Boker castle wood club knife today

Nice patina Al, hope you're having a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant Sunday :) I'm going posh! :D ;) :thumbsup:

3X6zvKA.jpg

L7rlb6B.jpg

Thanks buddy, I should pick up some more French traditionals at some point :) :thumbsup:

Thanks John :) It doesn't, but inspecting the well reminded me it needs a drop of oil in there :D :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, I remember formal handwriting classes as a child, mean Mrs Kinder would whack you with a ruler for the slightest error. Good job she can't see my handwriting today! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant Sunday :) I'm going posh! :D ;) :thumbsup:

3X6zvKA.jpg

L7rlb6B.jpg
Very posh indeed. What are the scales on your lamb? They look really nice.

3X6zvKA.jpg

L7rlb6B.jpg
Very nice knives Jack. I think that my "Black Jack" is right up there with my HHB as far as my favorite knives are concerned.
IMG_2130.JPG IMG_2858.JPG

Good Sunday to you all. Thanks for another week of great knives and great photos, friends.
Paired up two Schrades in peachseed jigged delrin, a 233 jack, and a 293 serpentine jack. And now I see that instead of a complementary blade selection, I have chosen a redundant blade selection!:eek:7C9FF517-FACD-4FCF-98FB-E67B5CBF26A8.jpeg8945EE9F-EED3-4FC7-8F6A-8C4687D32B64.jpegThe past two years, in the old barn at the farm I worked at, and in which our band played (pre-Wu-Flu:mad:), they’ve held craft sales. One of my contributions was some bottleneck guitar slides. My son, the graphic artist made the tags for me. I even sold a few...lol.
I won’t quit my day job:rolleyes:

Strangest thing~ My wife started yelling at me in the middle of the night last night!

Luckily, I was playing guitar, so she didn’t wake me up!

Back