What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thought a 74 might be a good way to start the week.
3LPI0y2.jpg

Have a marvelous Monday all! :)
sparerow
I'm still drinking my first cup of coffee and had to stare at that photo for a while. The blade looks transparent; very cool!
Woke up super early today, so decided to get up and sharpen this interesting fish knife I got for Christmas. Makes a fun conversation piece, and it sharpened up nicely. Still carrying the viper today.
NeaaFiC.jpg
Speaking of getting my eyes working...who makes that fish knife?

Today I'm carrying an old Camillus and an even older C.O.Ryd.
hV8SmUv.jpg

u47iQSY.jpg

I'm still drinking my first cup of coffee and had to stare at that photo for a while. The blade looks transparent; very cool!

hV8SmUv.jpg

u47iQSY.jpg
Good morning, r8shell r8shell ! It's made by Sterling Brooke Co. It's a fun knife, a little large and pointy for pocket carry, but it will end up helping with snack duty around the casa.
TAdJlp6.jpg

View attachment 1493334 View attachment 1493333

Okay, I was taking my break from GEC when this one showed up in the mail. Good grief, what a beautiful knife designed by our very own Charlie Campagna. My break is OVER! Yes, getting these knives is a royal pain, but they are just too nice to give up on.

BTW, r8shell r8shell , I have a Gold Stardust Kirinite Tribal Lock inbound. As in the days of yore, I will give it a name; in the tradition of Excalibur. I am going to name it Rachel! You slowly but surely set me upon this inevitable path, and I don’t know whether to thank you or send you the bill.

Last edited:

hV8SmUv.jpg

u47iQSY.jpg
Thanks r8shell! At my first glance I began wondering where in the world did I get a Northfield 20 ga. shell. :confused:o_O:eek:

Since it is Micarta Monday one of them had to be.
Really the first day in a long time that I can say I'm carrying a knife. I had about a foot of my colon removed the beginning of December. Just getting around to wearing pants.
57114C30-685F-4ABA-B8AA-23D33F049193.jpeg
Beautiful knives. Get well soon!

Good morning, r8shell r8shell ! It's made by Sterling Brooke Co. It's a fun knife, a little large and pointy for pocket carry, but it will end up helping with snack duty around the casa.
TAdJlp6.jpg
Thanks for the info. Nifty!
Thanks r8shell! At my first glance I began wondering where in the world did I get a Northfield 20 ga. shell.
:D:thumbsup:
BTW, r8shell r8shell , I have a Gold Stardust Kirinite Tribal Lock inbound. As in the days of yore, I will give it a name; in the tradition of Excalibur. I am going to name it Rachel! You slowly but surely set me upon this inevitable path, and I don’t know whether to thank you or send you the bill.
Haha! I haven't been such a bad influence since high school. :p
Just to make matters worse, here's a picture of Grandpa's old knife after a re-cover by @glennbad :
4ySIeUf.jpg

TAdJlp6.jpg

Very cool! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Since it is Micarta Monday one of them had to be.
Really the first day in a long time that I can say I'm carrying a knife. I had about a foot of my colon removed the beginning of December. Just getting around to wearing pants.
57114C30-685F-4ABA-B8AA-23D33F049193.jpeg

Hope you heal fast :thumbsup:

Haha! I haven't been such a bad influence since high school. :p
Just to make matters worse, here's a picture of Grandpa's old knife after a re-cover by @glennbad :
4ySIeUf.jpg

LOL! :D That's a special knife Rachel, @glennbad did a great job :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Before the pandemic, I volunteered in our church nursery 1 or 2 Sundays per month, and always had a SAK with me. It was useful many times for the variety of tasks you mention, as well as replacing batteries in parent pagers, and just being an attention-grabber for an unhappy kid! :thumbsup::cool:
It took me a long time to really get why people seemed to like SAKs so much. I had always seen them as mediocre for a few simple tasks, but not much else. I'm glad I gave them a chance, because they save a lot of trips to the tool box. I must admit though that I felt a bit better when I switched back to my stockman.
And speaking of my stockman, it's in my pocket again today.
iYLDIOw.jpg

Back