What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I like pen knife set-up better than jack set-up, and I'm not sure why either.
Ours is not to reason why... ;)

canoe-zombie-mark-secopen-jpg.1495440
That's really funny... :D:thumbsup:

Beautiful pair of knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Old users.
I am getting lazy, or maybe just wising up, but it’s becoming fun to stick with the same pocket knife(knives) for several days.
View attachment 1495582
First generation synthetic handled TL-29, identified by the forward placement of the shackle, and the finished back. An an old Kabar swayback jack also in black synthetic.
View attachment 1495584
enjoy your day please.
As Dad used to say, “cheer up! Things could be worse. So, he cheered up, and sure enough. Things got worse.”

I carried these two on my hike today: Case Yellow delrin stockman with punch and 1970 Case Red bone Barlow.

View attachment 1495189 View attachment 1495190

Nice-looking pair Dean, hope you had a great hike :) :thumbsup:

Great combination Taylor :) :thumbsup:

PAL Blade.Co and a Utica Cutco today

IQkFK20.jpg

Two smashers Steve :) :thumbsup:

Toting this pair of two bladed clip jacks by Robeson today. :)

Glorious pair of vintage Robesons JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

These two for me today - hard to go wrong with a Barlow and a Lamb.

5ysp5yV.jpg

Fantastic to see those two together Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Vivacious vintage knives, Jack, and interesting "background literature"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
That IS a fancy pair for a wintry day! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

More of my carries this week:
Watchpocket knife is a Rough Rider copper pen knife:
View attachment 1495443

Miscellaneous knife is a RR medium trapper:
View attachment 1495445

Big knife is an Imperial clip/pen toothpick like one Grandpa used to carry (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1495446

- GT

Thanks for the kind words buddy, great to see more of your carries this week :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful pair :) :thumbsup:

Late posting today, as I managed to scald the back of my hand making morning coffee o_O I'm glad I keep a decent first-aid kit :thumbsup: What a week o_O Hope everyone has made it through unscathed, and that you have a good weekend :) Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with a Jose Antonio Herreros Vendetta :thumbsup:

MMqpMhS.jpg

wt0M8S3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much John!

Yessir, the Churchill is a favorite of mine too and you have a lovely one. RPN is also a fav! I use my HP 15-C daily. :thumbsup::cool::p

My 15-C sits on my work desk. The 32S travels with me everywhere. Even have the 40S app on my phone. My brain even works in RPN anymore.....

I've seen a lot of those iconic knives lately; yours is grand! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I sure wish Case offered that specific pen blade on a round-bolstered pattern. I may have to overcome my bias against square-bolstered knives just to satisfy my curiosity about that unique pen blade.;)

Immaculate, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

More of my carries this week:
Watchpocket knife is a Rough Rider copper pen knife:
View attachment 1495443

Miscellaneous knife is a RR medium trapper:
View attachment 1495445

Big knife is an Imperial clip/pen toothpick like one Grandpa used to carry (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1495446

- GT

Thank you for your comments, Gary. I think you should try the Case Texas Jack; I'm not a fan of square bolsters either, but the ones on the TJ don't seem to be sharp cornered.

I really like the bone on your RR copper pen knife. :thumbsup:

Nice-looking pair Dean, hope you had a great hike :) :thumbsup:

Late posting today, as I managed to scald the back of my hand making morning coffee o_O I'm glad I keep a decent first-aid kit :thumbsup: What a week o_O Hope everyone has made it through unscathed, and that you have a good weekend :) Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with a Jose Antonio Herreros Vendetta :thumbsup:

MMqpMhS.jpg

wt0M8S3.jpg

Thank you, Jack. Sorry to hear about your burn. I like your Vendetta knife and the iconic V for Vendetta background. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We had a great and long hike yesterday. :)

That's a wild looking knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, I'm going to try not to get drawn into any vendetta! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. Sorry to hear about your burn. I like your Vendetta knife and the iconic V for Vendetta background. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We had a great and long hike yesterday. :)

Thanks Dean, kind of ruined my morning coffee, but no lasting harm done :) We are in lockdown here, and I sure am missing getting out for a hike :thumbsup:

Back