What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It warmed up so I could work outside and in the garage today; set up my sawhorses and ripped my last sheet of plywood to make shelving for the garage. Grabbed this Camillus 1966 MILSURP off its hook in the shed - it got plenty of use too. OH
Camillus_Demo_Knife_-_1966.jpg

Woot. Moisture. Been a really dry year here. Had a small amount of rain a few days ago. Light rain off and on a bit today, now raining a bit heavier, supposed to change over to snow and then rain/ snow mix through Tuesday. Bring it. We need it.

Carry for this coming week - back to the Boker Expedition Barlow, with the black Alox Cadet SAK still on the key ring and a mini kephart available if I need a fixed blade.
original.jpg

CASE opens the week. Sometimes, controversy surrounds this brand, some people complain & report bad experiences (usually of one knife...) can't gainsay their experiences but mine have been almost completely satisfactory or very good. Bear in mind I'm in Europe so the problem of returns is bigger etc. This Half Whittler provides no problems, smart W&T, no gaps, sharp on arrival, no blade play and it's an attractive small knife. Only fault, it was a horrible colour-but a tea dye soon fixed that :cool:

AkvEBFg.jpg

I’m a fan of the big SAKs. My Wenger doesn’t have that serrated blade, which looks tailor made for when you field dress your next elk. I did use the saw the other day, though. And yes, it’s actually big enough to be useful.

When Victorinox first used a smaller version of that blade on one of their first locking models, the 'Hunter', it was designated as a gutting blade. I was sent one by Victorinox to review in 1991 or '92, and was very impressed by the gutting blade (and with the knife in general), and in my 3 page article on the knife, published in July '92, I suggested it would make a great basis for an 'Emergency Release Knife'. I passed on my thoughts to Victorinox, and Buck also took an interest in the idea, which I explored further in a subsequent article. Never heard anything back officially from Victorinox, but when they subsequently launched a Rescue Knife, they quoted more or less verbatim from part of my article. You'll also notice the reference to inset panels :rolleyes:

AHDmhEK.jpg

Cool knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Usual Lamb and GEC Hounds Tooth...

Thank you John, nice pairing there :) :thumbsup:

Great pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks so much, Jack!!!

Lovely pair with that musical Bagpipe Ebony covered Lamb and that "hens teeth" rare Primble; have a great Sunday!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cutting up some boxes and figured this 3V steel would do the trick; added a handy Swiss pal for backup. :)

Many thanks JJ, the Primble was a kind gift from Stuart @Duckdog :) I love the emerald green covers on your Farmer, and it's superbly combined there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Have a good week folks :) I'm starting mine with a Hartshead Barlow, and an unusual Metal Monday knife by Needham Brothers :) :thumbsup:

XeJG4sS.jpg

Back