What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

zHtCAhD.jpg
Nice Viper, Dan. Mine was gifted to me by @Fixall. It's going in my pocket today along with my HHB.
IMG_2924.JPG

I'm going with a couple of Old Friends today :) :thumbsup:

qZWMs5M.jpg

rB3XyMA.jpg

That’s quite a pair, Jack! :thumbsup:

Celebrating the start of Chinese New Year today with my kids. We are a blended fam for the past five years and have enjoyed adding this tradition for our Chinese kiddos. Lots of candy and crafts. Lanterns later on tonight. The bright red Case trapper fits right in with all of the celebratory red today.

That’s great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These 33's pack a lot of blade in a small frame. I like it! This Indian River Jack needs more pocket time and a patina!
View attachment 1508472

I thought the same thing about the #33. Picked one up because I hadn’t tried the pattern before, and I liked it more than I thought I would, especially the blade-to-handle ratio.

For the start of this fine weekend, I thought I'd carry something fun.

Love that acrylic, John. :cool:

Happy saturday
50941039437_ec610948a1_h.jpg[IMG]

That’s a fantastic pattern. I keep hoping GEC will run ‘em again. I’ve got one, bought secondhand, in black delrin, which wouldn’t have been my first choice (that would be Nifebrite), but you know what they say about choosy beggars. ;)

Zounds!
Yowza!
WooHoo!
Va-Va-Voom!
Tarnation!
Sakes Alive!
Kick Out the Jams!
By Jove!
Cowabunga!
Dadgummit!
Egads! L
Goodness Gracious!
Heck Fire!
Jiminy Crickets!
Mercy Me!
Land Sakes!

Sweet sassy molassy! I enjoyed those exclamations, GT. :D

This is an old photo, but I’m carrying this single-clip #15 today. Something red seemed appropriate. :thumbsup:

S5NrwEW.jpg

Y’all stay warm out there! (Supposed to be even colder tomorrow morning. :confused:)

tPgTNv3.jpg

Lucy has been feeding again. :eek:

Use that in case Lucy gets outta line. ;)

That's a nice wood pair, John.
Thank you, GT. :)

What's the wood on the Albers?
It's Katalox, or commonly called Mexican Royal Ebony.

Thank you very much. :)

Love that acrylic, John.
Thank you, Barrett. Me too. :)

That red jigged bone and Clip blade makes that one really special. :cool::thumbsup:

Came accross this one while looking for something else, had to get it out for a while.

wp-1613170505372.jpg

Bear MGC Damascus blade and spring, the rest I did custom, copper and giraffe bone.
Nice job!
It’s one thing to understand how slipjoints go together, but it’s quite another to take them apart, and put them together, and have them function.
The Schrade Scrimshaw in my pocket came to me with a badly scratched blade, and when I set up to polish it out, I discovered it was bent, too. And instead of straightening out, it snapped in half. So I disassembled it, and put it back together with a virgin New York Knife Co blade left over from the big liquidation when Schrade USA closed their doors.

Last edited:
Back