What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Case XX red bone Jack and OD micarta SAK Recruit:)
tdzjmp.jpg

Last couple of days this Case 5318 has been my companion. OH
Case_5318_SS_-_1984.jpg
Sublime stag, Bruce! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Nice background, too; some kind of table or floor made from cross-sections of 1x2s??

That sounds like the most logical solution. ;):thumbsup:
I think I already have at least 7 sodbuster jr style knives, so maybe I could combine them with some thing else from the Miscellaneous category, or create a "sodbusters and lambsfoots" category, or something. ;)

Gary, that Colt canoe is a looker; that's at least two of your Colt canoes that catch my eye. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Wow, that's "keen" Simmons cocobolo jack, Gary!
Thanks, Dean. :) I really like most of my Colt knives, and was sad to see them get out of the knife-making business.

I'm carrying my Crimson bone Case stockman again today.

View attachment 1507490
Superb stockman, Dean, and sensational seasonal shot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

This is an occasional carry that I always enjoy.
Is that RR's black cherry kickback canoe? As a "canoesseur", I think it looks great! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Better days would be good!
Congrats on the vaccinations, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
"A little time, a little trouble, and better days."

What wondrous wood examples! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting a couple thrifty fellas from Imperial; an early 50s BSA Cub and a Hammer Brand from the late 30s. :)
A couple of thrifty thrillers, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm going with a couple of Old Friends today :) :thumbsup:

qZWMs5M.jpg

rB3XyMA.jpg
Old friends are the best, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Queen City #10 and a Buck 303

MlAwKob.jpg
Dandy dark duo, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the Queen City new to you?

Impressive "piano keys" pair; I especially like that Case! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

An ace. A classic. A do-all-er. A rock-solid. A behemoth.

50935519463_d3ab33529a_b.jpg
How do you like that knife?? ;):D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

What can I say? I like acute angles on my knives. They cut better, and hold a working edge longer than an obtuse angle. In 60 ~ 61 years, I've never had a edge chip, and it is rare to roll the. edge on a good (1095; 440A; 440C; 420HC) blade, such as Schrade (pre and post 2004), Buck, Case, and Rough Ryder/Marbles.
(I haven't taken my D2, CPM154, and S30V to 10DPS yet, so I don't know how they would behave. The carbides or/and 60 plus Rockwell, might prevent finer than 15 DPS.)
View attachment 1508302

In the event you're curious .... the new guided sharpener I found online for under $40. No daRn clamp to get in the way. An magnet holds the blade. :D
It seems to work well at the two finer angles. I haven't used the 20/25/30 DPS slots yet. There an excellent chance I never will. An axe, hatchet, and tomahawk should be 15 DPS/30 degrees inclusive, right?
View attachment 1508303

Y'all have a great weekend, please. :)
Interesting info! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I prefer quite an acute angle, too, and keep an eye out for a guided system that allows 10 dps on a folder. What brand is yours?

Today with this Victorinox Pioneer X (Winter Magic 2020).;):thumbsup:
You post some amazing Alox SAKs, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two today. :)
Couple of stunners, JJ; really like the jigging on your GEC 78! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Appealing amber bone duo, David! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Case cv Sowbelly single today...

7dgaaM0l.jpg

Welcome back, sir! :):cool: That sowbelly is a handsome knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

These 33's pack a lot of blade in a small frame. I like it! This Indian River Jack needs more pocket time and a patina!
View attachment 1508472
You sure can pick winners, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Quality quartet! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Back