What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well, I got some of the white :poop: on my car:
2CpitEi.jpg

That was about midnight, but it's still there and we are without power in 19 degree weather. :eek::mad::thumbsdown:

I’ve been enjoying all the snow-in-Texas photos, but sorry to hear about the troubles with the power grid! :eek:

As for the white stuff, I much prefer having that white stuff on my vehicle to this white stuff that comes up off the roads here in winter. o_O

zxfF8tP.jpg

Rousing, Cupidy red, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Glad you enjoyed my "cries for help"! :rolleyes: Shoveling snow has rattled my brain, and too much cold drives a man insane. ;) Of course, you've been having much colder weather than I have. :eek:

Thanks, GT. I feel like I haven’t had to shovel too much snow this year. (Normally I have to level off the top of the snow pile next to the driveway when it gets difficult to throw snow over the top of it, but I haven’t had to do that this year. Of course, winter isn’t over. :D)

An oddity of a boys knife. I bought this from a kind porch member as it's a combo Northfield/Tidioute. If I have this right, he had a blade swap and the Northfield Spear ended up in this Tidioute 15 frame paired with a Tidioute pen;) paired today with an 84mm Recruit with new OD micarta covers:)

cArBC2.jpg

That is certainly odd, Paul, but also pretty cool! :D :thumbsup:

Wait a second. That is an odd bird. What was the donor knife for the Northfield spear blade? I can’t think of a Northfield 15. Almost all 15’s are Tidioutes and almost all Northfields have long pulls instead of nail nicks. ???

These had spearpoint blades and nail nicks, but it’s hard to imagine cannibalizing one! :eek: I think there were Northfield #15 Radio Jacks with the same blade, too.

TTD6Ktr.jpg

I know ... I should stop messing with their little bird brains hi hi :D

:D :thumbsup:

In Hispanic circles is known as the " the white :poop: " :eek: :D

La caca blanca?! :eek: :D

Cool pic Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!!

Your Hartshead looks awesome in your image, great shot; your classic "Metal Monday" ad knife looks like the old office knives of the day, only cooler!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

It looks good! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I was hoping for an exciting story on a cold winter night, but life doesn't always provide those "on demand". ;)

:D :thumbsup:

I grabbed these two to start out the week. :)

Gorgeous pair JJ :cool: For some reason I'm thinking of...

Licorice_800x.jpg

:D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments on the Challenge bullet end. Totin this Keen Kutter some today.
GNkv6Bo.jpg

What a beauty! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1510628
Some wet weather here the past few days. Nothing like you folks are feeling in Texas though! Stay warm!

Fine-looking pair Taylor :) :thumbsup:

As for the white stuff, I much prefer having that white stuff on my vehicle to this white stuff that comes up off the roads here in winter. o_O

zxfF8tP.jpg

I live on an avenue. If you park your car on the street, it'll soon get covered in even worse white stuff! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thinking of all our members down in Texas, hope those power problems get fixed soon. Don't forget to eat your pancakes everyone! ;) :thumbsup:

My Random Tuesday lucky dip has blessed me with a Double Lambsfoot Day! :p :) :cool: :D :thumbsup:

mgFQ2yh.jpg

pdIErJ0.jpg

These had spearpoint blades and nail nicks, but it’s hard to imagine cannibalizing one! :eek: I think there were Northfield #15 Radio Jacks with the same blade, too.
TTD6Ktr.jpg
That would be crazy to take a Radio Jack or Harness Jack apart for parts, but you are probably on the right track. There just weren’t a lot of Northfield 15’s ever made and of those made I think they might all be Charlie Campagna’s SFO’s.

I think it has been 2 weeks since we have seen any sunshine. My knives for the day...
zhcFyVR.jpg

Last edited:
That would be crazy to take a Radio Jack or Harness Jack apart for parts, but you are probably on the right track. There just weren’t a lot of Northfield 15’s ever made and of those made I think they might all be Charlie Campagna’s SFO’s.

I think it has been 2 weeks since we have seen any sunshine. My knives for the day...
zhcFyVR.jpg
Thats a great pair! Love the smooth white bone

La caca blanca?! :eek: :D

lol :D si , my Cuban Canadian sister in law calls it that when she gets raging :mad: about the snow.
16 years ago my father and mother in law moved to Florida, winter's in Canada being one of the reasons for it.

I remember the utter joy of seeing snow for the first time when I arrived in Canada 30 years ago.
We would take tons of pictures, develop them, send them to relatives back home lol :rolleyes:
Then it got old ha ha

It can be beautiful too ;) :)

ie4jnMs.jpg

PFZu79a.jpg

I remember being very much impressed with it the first time I saw it posted. My wife and I both like to cook with fresh rosemary, and it gave me the idea to try and plant some this coming spring.

Hopefully it survives this cold snap, so we can see it once again in all its gnarly splendor!
Thanks, I hope so too. It's pretty hardy stuff, but we'll see. You should definitely plant some! You can trim it nicely, rather than letting it go wild like I did. (I really like the way the undergrowth got so woody)
Cool pic Rachel :cool:
I'm carrying these today. Pic from last year:
TkzFrma.jpg

zxfF8tP.jpg
Is that salt? :eek: Our roads freeze over now and then, but our cars don't get the rust damage.

Back