What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks, tank, here's a bonus pic! :D I've always liked mottled coloration in bone.

VKi6NsZ.jpg

Wait a second. That is an odd bird. What was the donor knife for the Northfield spear blade? I can’t think of a Northfield 15. Almost all 15’s are Tidioutes and almost all Northfields have long pulls instead of nail nicks. ???

I’ve been enjoying all the snow-in-Texas photos, but sorry to hear about the troubles with the power grid! :eek:

As for the white stuff, I much prefer having that white stuff on my vehicle to this white stuff that comes up off the roads here in winter. o_O

zxfF8tP.jpg

Thanks, GT. I feel like I haven’t had to shovel too much snow this year. (Normally I have to level off the top of the snow pile next to the driveway when it gets difficult to throw snow over the top of it, but I haven’t had to do that this year. Of course, winter isn’t over. :D)

That is certainly odd, Paul, but also pretty cool! :D :thumbsup:

These had spearpoint blades and nail nicks, but it’s hard to imagine cannibalizing one! :eek: I think there were Northfield #15 Radio Jacks with the same blade, too.

TTD6Ktr.jpg
That's it Barrett:thumbsup: if memory serves (and I apologize for not remembering who I bought it from):( I believe he swapped it out for a one arm razor putting the razor into the HJ or the caplifter???

Beautiful matched pair :) :thumbsup:

Hey Trav...
Come up here sometime...
We cut all kinds of “stuff” :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1510854

cheers,
Gus

:cool: :thumbsup:

JDIeL8D.jpg

lol :D si , my Cuban Canadian sister in law calls it that when she gets raging :mad: about the snow.
16 years ago my father and mother in law moved to Florida, winter's in Canada being one of the reasons for it.

I remember the utter joy of seeing snow for the first time when I arrived in Canada 30 years ago.
We would take tons of pictures, develop them, send them to relatives back home lol :rolleyes:
Then it got old ha ha

It can be beautiful too ;) :)

ie4jnMs.jpg

PFZu79a.jpg

Yes, I don't know if you remember @dc50's stunning photos? It looked gorgeous where he lived, but he said a lot of 'snow-birds' headed south every year, to avoid the harsh winter conditions. When I was an outdoor journalist, I could always sell photos with snow! :D Great pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, I hope so too. It's pretty hardy stuff, but we'll see. You should definitely plant some! You can trim it nicely, rather than letting it go wild like I did. (I really like the way the undergrowth got so woody)

I'm carrying these today. Pic from last year:
TkzFrma.jpg

Is that salt? :eek: Our roads freeze over now and then, but our cars don't get the rust damage.

Rosemary is tough as old boots :cool: :thumbsup: Nice pairing Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the double Lamb Day. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I'm thrilled! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Lovely :) :thumbsup:

I live on an avenue. If you park your car on the street, it'll soon get covered in even worse white stuff! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

That kind of white stuff is no fun, either! :D

Is that salt? :eek: Our roads freeze over now and then, but our cars don't get the rust damage.

Yep, it’s salt. I suppose it’s the trade-off for having roads that are cleared within a few hours of any winter precipitation. The lady who runs the car wash I use told me they do twice as much business in winter (even when the temps are sub-zero).

That would be crazy to take a Radio Jack or Harness Jack apart for parts, but you are probably on the right track. There just weren’t a lot of Northfield 15’s ever made and of those made I think they might all be Charlie Campagna’s SFO’s.

That's it Barrett:thumbsup: if memory serves (and I apologize for not remembering who I bought it from):( I believe he swapped it out for a one arm razor putting the razor into the HJ or the caplifter???

Yep, that sounds pretty crazy (and I’d say you may have ended up with the better knife out of the deal, Paul!). :D

Back