What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just another day to Re-Position some snow and had these in my pockets . Two Northfield 77 Barlows from the early 2015 run carried in slips . The Clip model had been carried and used a fair amount but not the Sheepfoot model . The slips were made by a couple of friends of the Forums .

Back in 2015 , I bought 2 of the Sheepfoot models and now one resides in Lamb , Indiana .

Harry

Last edited:
Whittled a match stick... granted, a big match stick... this is a prototype pattern 25 with horse cut bone. Oldie but a goodie...
npWN5Yzl.jpg

Hey Trav...
Come up here sometime...
We cut all kinds of “stuff” :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1510854

cheers,
Gus
I love the (now) ‘old school’ CCM Tacks. As a kid growing up south of Buffalo, they were all the rage on the lake. Alas, I could never find the $ to secure a pair. Those are in sweet condition. Thanks for bringing back some great memories of time spent skating up and down the lake playing hockey all day!!

I love the (now) ‘old school’ CCM Tacks. As a kid growing up south of Buffalo, they were all the rage on the lake. Alas, I could never find the $ to secure a pair. Those are in sweet condition. Thanks for bringing back some great memories of time spent skating up and down the lake playing hockey all day!!

Thank you...
Those, were certainly the days !

Sowbelly of the Week is a Colt "black stag" (bone) model:
sowbelly.mark.3open.deck.jpg

"Regular" stockman this week is a Rough Rider stag medium stockman, a sweet knife IMHO:
stagmed.pile.closed.jpg

Econo canoe this week is a RR Diamond Jim canoe in smooth (but pale) black bone:
canoeDJ.mark.open.jpg

"Fancy" canoe this week is a humble RR white bone canoe that made a quantum leap in class once @r8shell decorated it for me:
scrimcanoe.pile.closed.deck.jpg
scrimcanoe.mark.Vflat.deck.jpg

- GT

Case mini copperlock and Schatt heritage jack today. Photo recycled from last time I carried these two which was on Jan. 1st, when we had 'some' snow on the ground. Been a whole lot more snowfall since and I'm running outta places to pile it.:D I know I'm not the only one facing this problem from the reports coming in.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1511263
Nice knives and slips Greg . I can appreciate your problem with places to put the snow . I have always did my own Snow Re-Locating until this year . My bride talked me into getting a guy to do it . She is probably correct . I can not take the cold like I use to . I have all the equipment to blow it back off the driveway but if it has to be plowed off , then there are some issues .
Be careful and stay safe my friend .

Harry

View attachment 1511275

"Regular" stockman this week is a Rough Rider stag medium stockman, a sweet knife IMHO:
View attachment 1511276

Econo canoe this week is a RR Diamond Jim canoe in smooth (but pale) black bone:
View attachment 1511277

"Fancy" canoe this week is a humble RR white bone canoe that made a quantum leap in class once @r8shell decorated it for me:
View attachment 1511280
View attachment 1511279

- GT
Nice stockman and love the smooth pale black bone.:thumbsup:.

sowbelly-mark-3open-deck-jpg.1511275

stagmed-pile-closed-jpg.1511276

canoedj-mark-open-jpg.1511277

scrimcanoe-pile-closed-deck-jpg.1511280

scrimcanoe-mark-vflat-deck-jpg.1511279
Quite the excellent quartet Gary; your white bone/@r8shell canoe is fabulous! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greg, those are beautiful, and I'm warming up to the mini myself. Stay well and warm out there.
Gus

Thanks, Gus. I've been enjoying the pics of knives that you've been posting as well.:thumbsup:

Nice knives and slips Greg . I can appreciate your problem with places to put the snow . I have always did my own Snow Re-Locating until this year . My bride talked me into getting a guy to do it . She is probably correct . I can not take the cold like I use to . I have all the equipment to blow it back off the driveway but if it has to be plowed off , then there are some issues .
Be careful and stay safe my friend .
Harry

A smart man listens to his wife my friend, good for you.;) Besides less time moving the white stuff leaves more time for hobbies.
I was up at 4:30 this morning to clear drives and sidewalks for me and the neighbor lady. Lucky for me we had no more snow during daylight hours so I didn't have to repeat the task upon returning home from work.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1511275

View attachment 1511276

View attachment 1511277

View attachment 1511280
View attachment 1511279

- GT
Nice group of knives, Gary. I especially like seeing the fine scrimshaw work Rachel did on the white bone. I think the Native American themed design she chose works great on that pattern.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back